Reload this Page >

male nurse moving on my own from uk 2 hobart

male nurse moving on my own from uk 2 hobart

Old Oct 28th 2007, 7:20 pm
Just Joined

leofricfb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default male nurse moving on my own from uk 2 hobart

HI!

I am a neonatal nurse moving to Hobart in weeks time (gulp!) and im going to be working in paeds when i get there. I am moving on my own and it is something i have thought about and weighed up for years.. im finally doing it, and am getting slightly no very!!! nervous! If any other people have done this then please let me know how you found it!? Is anyone else working at the RHH?

Hope to hear from someone... thanks!
Attached Thumbnails male nurse moving on my own from uk 2 hobart-diving-gbr.jpg  
Old Oct 28th 2007, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: male nurse moving on my own from uk 2 hobart

Originally Posted by leofricfb
HI!

I am a neonatal nurse moving to Hobart in weeks time (gulp!) and im going to be working in paeds when i get there. I am moving on my own and it is something i have thought about and weighed up for years.. im finally doing it, and am getting slightly no very!!! nervous! If any other people have done this then please let me know how you found it!? Is anyone else working at the RHH?

Hope to hear from someone... thanks!
Good onya for making a move by yourself
Old Oct 28th 2007, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to behold

Hi, good luck. Sorry cant give you any advice as I have not moved yet (moving to Perth in March). I am feeling nervous but so excited. Anyone in our type of jobs needs good people skills so you will be fine, have fun
Old Oct 29th 2007, 9:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
Good onya for making a move by yourself
Hi! Thanks for the replys guys. I know i will meet people and be fine, i think its just cos its been such a long time coming and that i have had a such a year of loss and sadness this year, so i really want it to work.

To Ian & Helena... i notice you are in Hobart... could you advise me what the broadband access is like? I am used to using wireless broadband... and are there any "free" hotspots you know of? Thanks for the insider info... Leo
Old Oct 29th 2007, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leofricfb
Hi! Thanks for the replys guys. I know i will meet people and be fine, i think its just cos its been such a long time coming and that i have had a such a year of loss and sadness this year, so i really want it to work.

To Ian & Helena... i notice you are in Hobart... could you advise me what the broadband access is like? I am used to using wireless broadband... and are there any "free" hotspots you know of? Thanks for the insider info... Leo
try here:

http://www.jiwire.com/search-wifi-ho...ity_id=3453503
Old Oct 29th 2007, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

doje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of light

We registered our laptop to the local libary and were able to use it there free! In fact, on Sundays or unsocial hours when the libary was shut, we sat in the car and were able to log on!

donna
Old Oct 29th 2007, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by doje6863
We registered our laptop to the local libary and were able to use it there free! In fact, on Sundays or unsocial hours when the libary was shut, we sat in the car and were able to log on!

donna

he's moving to Hobart, you're in Adelaide..
Old Oct 29th 2007, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome!

Well done for making the move on your own, I hope you have a great time.
There are a few on here from Tas, so maybe they can give you some more tips, you've already met Ian and Helena.
We are hoping to move to Tas soon, just waiting on visa now. I am a midwife so will be looking for work locally, will heading to somewhere in Hobart area, I think.
We had a very short visit erlier this year and really like all of Tas.

Good luck with the move, what a nice time of year too, arriving in Spring

Sam
Old Oct 29th 2007, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

nigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud of

My OH's father moved to Copping near Hobart 6 years ago, we visited him in Feb and really enjoyed Hobart. He said the people were extremely friendly and he has had a lot of help and support from the community. I am sure you will be fine

Look forward to reding all about your adventure here on BE

Good luck

Sarah
Old Oct 29th 2007, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

doje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of light

he's moving to Hobart, you're in Adelaide..
Didnt realise they didnt have libarys in Hobart.....

donna
Old Oct 29th 2007, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Didnt realise they didnt have libarys in Hobart.....

donna
no but we do have libraries.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

no but we do have libraries.
Why do some people have to be so antagonistic? I thought the idea of this forum was to support each other going through the process of visa application etc and then to pass on any advice or ideas? Obviously people like you just choose to be sarcastic and try to undermine and belittle others. Nice.

What a nice impression you have given of yourself to the original poster.

donna
Old Oct 30th 2007, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Why do some people have to be so antagonistic? I thought the idea of this forum was to support each other going through the process of visa application etc and then to pass on any advice or ideas? Obviously people like you just choose to be sarcastic and try to undermine and belittle others. Nice.

What a nice impression you have given of yourself to the original poster.

donna
ooooh...handbags at 40 paces
Old Oct 30th 2007, 8:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

Time out - deep breaths all around.

You can get free internet access at the libraries in Tas but it doesn't look like it is wireless.
http://www.statelibrary.tas.gov.au/w...andcomp/access

Do you like sushi?
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/index...WiFi_Hotsposts

Lovely place Tas. Took the FIL to Hobart and had a look round. He is used to the Yorkshire Moors and the Lake District. Everywhere we went he said it was lovely and it is.

Very chilled out place. At one stage he saddled up to me and quietly asked whether I had noticed a lot of these Australian men had not shaved.

I could definitely live there but better job situation in Melbourne.

Good luck,
Ian
Old Oct 30th 2007, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ebo1608
Time out - deep breaths all around.

You can get free internet access at the libraries in Tas but it doesn't look like it is wireless.
http://www.statelibrary.tas.gov.au/w...andcomp/access

Do you like sushi?
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/index...WiFi_Hotsposts

Lovely place Tas. Took the FIL to Hobart and had a look round. He is used to the Yorkshire Moors and the Lake District. Everywhere we went he said it was lovely and it is.

Very chilled out place. At one stage he saddled up to me and quietly asked whether I had noticed a lot of these Australian men had not shaved.

I could definitely live there but better job situation in Melbourne.

Good luck,
Ian
thanks for all the replys! I will update when i have hit the dirt in Tassie!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.