Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Malaysian airlines

Malaysian airlines

Old Jul 3rd 2005, 12:54 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute
Default Malaysian airlines

Anyone flown with Malaysian Airlines?
Just wondering what the service is like as we have reserved seats with them that we'll book when we get our visas
Thanks, Marie
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 12:55 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Malaysian airlines

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
Just wondering what the service is like as we have reserved seats with them that we'll book when we get our visas
Thanks, Marie
They're terrible can you not get your money back.....................

only joking we've just booked with them for the second time and they're really good
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

My mum and dad flew with them and were pleased with the service. They flew business class, so I am not sure how their economy class measures up.

Katie
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 1:04 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
They're terrible can you not get your money back.....................

only joking we've just booked with them for the second time and they're really good

Fraser behave, I've just crapped myself.
We've paid a deposit that's refundable if we cancel within a fortnight. We've told them we'll pay the rest once the visas come....so they better hurry up!!
Can't wait to get on that plane.
We've never flown with them before but we're going with them as they have 34" seats on the planes we'll be on compared to the standard 30" ones, or something like that.
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 1:06 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

We've paid a deposit that's refundable if we cancel within a fortnight. We've told them we'll pay the rest once the visas come....so they better hurry up!!
Can't wait to get on that plane.
We've never flown with them before but we're going with them as they have 34" seats on the planes we'll be on compared to the standard 30" ones, or something like that.
32" ones on most jumbo's, there service was brilliant no worries Marie
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 1:41 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Malaysian airlines

Have a read of this...

5 Star Airlines

R.
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 2:14 pm
GC family day carer

Originally Posted by Carruss
Have a read of this...

5 Star Airlines

R.

Cheers Carrus, I'll let hubby read that when he gets home cos he's the one more bothered about a good flight with a decent airline.
Marie
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

Cuddles is on a distinguished road

Thanks, Marie
Hi we flew with them a couple of years ago and they were great. The only downful was the baby food, some of it was discusting but the childrens meals where fine.

We have just booked to go with them again in September.
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 3:15 pm
GC family day carer

Originally Posted by dave and linda
Hi we flew with them a couple of years ago and they were great. The only downful was the baby food, some of it was discusting but the childrens meals where fine.

We have just booked to go with them again in September.

That's good to know as our daughter will be 4 when we leave so kids meals will be needed.
Thanks, Marie
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

varsani will become famous soon enough

That's good to know as our daughter will be 4 when we leave so kids meals will be needed.
Thanks, Marie
THEY ALSO OFFER A FREE STOPOVER
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 6:00 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Marie. How did you come across that 'deal' then? Or is that just standard cancellation policy with them? I think we're in the same boat as you - desperate to be off but no visa yet. Where and when are you flying to / from and what price have you got? I'm a nosy git aren't I?
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 7:31 pm
GC family day carer

Originally Posted by wmoore
Hi Marie. How did you come across that 'deal' then? Or is that just standard cancellation policy with them? I think we're in the same boat as you - desperate to be off but no visa yet. Where and when are you flying to / from and what price have you got? I'm a nosy git aren't I?
Hi Wayne, it's the stndard policy on cancellation I think, if we cancel after 2 weeks we have to pay the deposit.
We fly from Heathrow at 12pm on Thurs 8th Sept, landing in Kuala Lumpa (or whatever it's called) at 07.25. Leaving there at 09.40 landing in Brisbane on Fri at 19.10
It's costing £1272 for 2 adults and a 4 yr old including insurance and all taxes.
The direct tel no is 01772 338 903.

It might look scary to some people that we're not stopping over and that we more or less get straight onto another plane but that's the way we like it. Not bothered about a stop over and would rather just get the flying over and done with. It's how we've done it in the past and it works wel for us.

Fingers crossed we get the visas this fortnight so we don't have to cancel

Marie
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Bengyboo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Wayne, it's the stndard policy on cancellation I think, if we cancel after 2 weeks we have to pay the deposit.
We fly from Heathrow at 12pm on Thurs 8th Sept, landing in Kuala Lumpa (or whatever it's called) at 07.25. Leaving there at 09.40 landing in Brisbane on Fri at 19.10
It's costing £1272 for 2 adults and a 4 yr old including insurance and all taxes.

It might look scary to some people that we're not stopping over and that we more or less get straight onto another plane but that's the way we like it. Not bothered about a stop over and would rather just get the flying over and done with. It's how we've done it in the past and it works wel for us.

Marie
Don't worry, we have been with them to Borneo, Lankawi and through KLIA more times than I can remember, also to Oz with them because they have always been great.

Great to the kids....on one flight they didn't like the meals so the steward found them some cheese and biscuits which he found they liked. So every hour for the rest of the flight he brought them another set.

We have all booked again (tonight) for our one way in October, and I am flying with then in August to get things organised.

KLIA has good shops and we always have a Burger King before we fly to keep kids happy.

I think for economy/family travel they are the best.
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 7:42 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Marie
Thanks for that. I know what you mean about not wanting a stopover, we'll be the same.

Good luck with the visa
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Three P's has a spectacular aura aboutThree P's has a spectacular aura aboutThree P's has a spectacular aura about

We're due to fly out with them next month, so we are quite relieved at the positive responses. Like you we are not having a stop over, we've just got 5 hours to pass at KL Airport, hope it's ok!

Good luck with your move.

Jenny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.