Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Malaysia airlines, any good?

Malaysia airlines, any good?

Old Mar 20th 2007, 12:19 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Malaysia airlines, any good?

were flying with M.A in july, although its too late for us if they aren't up to much, would just like abit of feed back regarding them.
I have 3 young kids(6,10 and 11) are they good with kids and do they cater well for kids too.
anyone know anything about their safety record....yes im a complete panicker!!

Appreciate any input,

Thanks alot

Trish
Old Mar 20th 2007, 3:43 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Malaysia airlines, any good?

In-laws like them. MIL doesn't like the food but also said that with Singapore who I can't fault..... Infact I don't think she thought much of my cooking when she was here with us for a month either so don't let that bother you.

They rate them slightly below Singapore but way above BA/Qantas so I think you will be fine. They didn't do the journey with kids but have heard of others that have said they are fine.

LJJ
Old Mar 20th 2007, 5:36 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ljj
In-laws like them. MIL doesn't like the food but also said that with Singapore who I can't fault..... Infact I don't think she thought much of my cooking when she was here with us for a month either so don't let that bother you.

They rate them slightly below Singapore but way above BA/Qantas so I think you will be fine. They didn't do the journey with kids but have heard of others that have said they are fine.

LJJ
many thanks for that
Old Mar 20th 2007, 6:56 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimtrish
were flying with M.A in july, although its too late for us if they aren't up to much, would just like abit of feed back regarding them.
I have 3 young kids(6,10 and 11) are they good with kids and do they cater well for kids too.

Appreciate any input,

Thanks alot

Trish
Excellent airline. Loads of leg-room in the seats (34" pitch if memory serves), attentive cabin crew. Only thing I'd say is, get the cabin crew to double-check that your kids meals are present in the galley as soon as you can (like when you're first boarding!) - they 'lost' our son's meal on one of our trips and he had to have the fish curry!
Old Mar 20th 2007, 7:21 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Trish

IMO they are the best airline between the UK and Australia....similar to Singapore but much more legroom...that makes a real difference on a long flight.

G
Old Mar 20th 2007, 7:26 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

My dad won't fly with anyone else, he says they are fantastic.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Grayling
Hi Trish

IMO they are the best airline between the UK and Australia....similar to Singapore but much more legroom...that makes a real difference on a long flight.

G

hey honey

lovely to hear from you.
hope you are well.
thats excellent news.
thanks for that.

take care

Trish
xx
Old Mar 20th 2007, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Hutch
Excellent airline. Loads of leg-room in the seats (34" pitch if memory serves), attentive cabin crew. Only thing I'd say is, get the cabin crew to double-check that your kids meals are present in the galley as soon as you can (like when you're first boarding!) - they 'lost' our son's meal on one of our trips and he had to have the fish curry!

thanks mate,

we had the same problem when flying with cathay in 2005, on all legs of the journey they claimed it hadnt been booked for kids meals, but i kept all the info so knew it had,...kids werent impressed with the fritattas!
Old Mar 20th 2007, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by northernbird
My dad won't fly with anyone else, he says they are fantastic.
thats really reassuring, thankyou
Old Mar 20th 2007, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light

No freebies with them tho (e.g. no comfort pack...eye shades, toothbrush that sort of thing)
Old Mar 20th 2007, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sparkley23
No freebies with them tho (e.g. no comfort pack...eye shades, toothbrush that sort of thing)
thats ok by us, the kids just stash it away somewhere anyway, only to be thrown out later...we didnt get any freebies with cathay either.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 10:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ljj

LJJ
FWIW, having used Emirates 7 times (my favourite airline) and Singapore, Malaysia, BA, and Qantas twice each or more, I found Malaysia to be 2nd best to Emirates. Here's a typical Malaysia meal (I'm not sure what MIL was objecting to!):

OzTennis
Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:15 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Good airline. The biggest seat pitch in economy compared to Emirates, SQ, BA or Qantas. If you've got to do that many hours on a place every inch counts.

www.airlinequality.com for the definative review section for flights taken by passengers.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Good airline. The biggest seat pitch in economy compared to Emirates, SQ, BA or Qantas. If you've got to do that many hours on a place every inch counts.

www.airlinequality.com for the definative review section for flights taken by passengers.
Yep, and I liked KLIA (although Dubai and Changi are excellent), the leg-room as mentioned, the attentive service. One little problem we had was just the wait for our connection from KLIA to Melbourne but we had no problem filling in the time and in retrospect I probably would have paid to use one of those nice lounges. I'm not a film watcher/games player but the onboard entertainment looked good as well (pretty similar between Emirates, Singapore, Malaysia).

OzTennis
Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:38 am
sullysdownunder

wayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jimtrish

Appreciate any input,

Thanks alot

Trish
Trish you really need to have trust in your travel agent , if she says its a good airline then it is and she is even going to test them out for you. ha ha

kez x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.