Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

malaysia airline

malaysia airline

Old Feb 25th 2006, 9:20 am
kerrie/wayne

Default malaysia airline

has anyone flown with malaysia airlines if so what did you think of them.

Old Feb 25th 2006, 9:31 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: malaysia airline

Originally Posted by kerrie/wayne
One of the better airlines to travel with.

Try a search. This has been discussed dozens of times.

G
Old Feb 25th 2006, 9:44 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Good rep on this site and offer 34" seat pitch as opposed to eveyone else's 32".

The extra room, no matter how small adds up after all those hours.
Old Feb 25th 2006, 10:12 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Good rep on this site and offer 34" seat pitch as opposed to eveyone else's 32".

We flew with them and the service was appalling, they gave our kids sweets as they got on at 10pm which is the last thing you need with young kids. They refused to get Bobby a bottle as they were serving dinner and he screamed for about 2 hours which wasn't helped when they eventually bought it scolding hot and he saw it but couldn't drink it. We asked for a blanket for Henry they didn't bring one, the kids didn't get any goodies and I asked for a drink after 45 minutes I had to go and help myself and my seat was broken. Saying that we flew with them before and they were ok but no more than average I prefer Thai and Singapore.
Old Feb 25th 2006, 10:18 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
We flew with them and the service was appalling, they gave our kids sweets as they got on at 10pm which is the last thing you need with young kids. They refused to get Bobby a bottle as they were serving dinner and he screamed for about 2 hours which wasn't helped when they eventually bought it scolding hot and he saw it but couldn't drink it. We asked for a blanket for Henry they didn't bring one, the kids didn't get any goodies and I asked for a drink after 45 minutes I had to go and help myself and my seat was broken. Saying that we flew with them before and they were ok but no more than average I prefer Thai and Singapore.
My experience has been very different.

I find Singapore airlines very average and I have used both a few times.

G
Old Feb 25th 2006, 10:20 am
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

We flew with them and couldn't fault them

Marie
Old Feb 25th 2006, 10:24 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
My experience has been very different.

I find Singapore airlines very average and I have used both a few times.

G
I think we've been here before
Old Feb 25th 2006, 10:30 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by fraser
I think we've been here before
Indeed

G
Old Feb 25th 2006, 10:33 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

I've flown with a few from UK to Australia and Malaysian are top of my list in every category, ie, seats, legroom, entertainment, food....
Old Feb 25th 2006, 10:57 am
Just Joined

ladyjoan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Centurion

Sorry to argue but the 34 inch is a load of TOSH. I am over 6ft and are always looking at seat spacing and we went along with this airline because of the spacing.
When you see 34 inch pitch this between your seat the same point on the seat in front. You have to take off the seat back thickness and this equates to around 30 inch (I measured it !!)
Be careful most airlines quote actual SEAT SPACING (Effective seat space), Malaysian Airlines quote "SEAT PITCH" .
In my opinion they were just as bad as all the rest !!!
Old Feb 25th 2006, 11:04 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by ladyjoan
Sorry to argue but the 34 inch is a load of TOSH. I am over 6ft and are always looking at seat spacing and we went along with this airline because of the spacing.
When you see 34 inch pitch this between your seat the same point on the seat in front. You have to take off the seat back thickness and this equates to around 30 inch (I measured it !!)
Be careful most airlines quote actual SEAT SPACING (Effective seat space), Malaysian Airlines quote "SEAT PITCH" .
In my opinion they were just as bad as all the rest !!!
There is far more legroom on Malaysian planes than on Singapore. I have flown both several times.

G
Old Feb 25th 2006, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

pazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to all

We flew with them only last month, and we couldn't fault them.
We've never flew with the other airlines, so i can't compare. But i would definitely use Malaysian Airlines again. The screen in the back of the seat in front was a god send, as the kids were entertained throughout the flight, with films, TV, games, music, etc.

Steve
Old Feb 25th 2006, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

colinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant future

We flew business class and they were excellent. Could not fault them.

Colin
Old Feb 25th 2006, 1:56 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The Bloke - a large guy - found them more comfortable than Qantas, but I would be wary of them for health reasons regarding oxygen amount in the cabin air on some flights - a search should pull up more details,as we've discussed it here before.

==============

And just before I head off to bed -

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311832

Last edited by Pollyana; Feb 25th 2006 at 1:59 pm.
Old Feb 25th 2006, 1:58 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

I fly to KL twice a year sometimes 3 or 4 and have done so for a number of years.

Malaysian flight attendants are Singapore Airline cast offs. That is why I fly to KL via Singapore.

Alot would have to be done to improve the service from the shambles over the past 3 years.

Any parents be very warned we asked for them to heat up some baby milk and lucky I tested it on my hand - the blister lasted 2 days.

My TV monitor was broken (not that watching it was of a concern to me but having it half in and half out mid way through a packed flight gave me reason for concern. Having the same seat on the same aircraft 2 weeks later with the problem still not resolved - never again. And that was business class!!!!!

But dont let that put you off visiting Malaysia - great country

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.