Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Making the move-Stressfull?!

Making the move-Stressfull?!

Old Feb 11th 2007, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

The Sheps is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Making the move-Stressfull?!

Hiya, just wondering if anyone can give me some advice, Just in the early stages and already finding it really stressfull, family pressure, feeling guilty about leaving. What about when moving to Australia, is it easier to sell everything here and start again?, what type of electrical system is in Oz, can the kids take playstation and dvd's with them? Just wish we could go tomorrow! would if we could! One agent said that he could rush it through within 2-4 months, cos of demand for OH's job, does this sound realistic? as I have seen that it takes more than 12 months for some people, don't think I could take another 12 months over here! Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old Feb 11th 2007, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Making the move-Stressfull?!

Originally Posted by The Sheps
Hiya, just wondering if anyone can give me some advice, Just in the early stages and already finding it really stressfull, family pressure, feeling guilty about leaving. What about when moving to Australia, is it easier to sell everything here and start again?, what type of electrical system is in Oz, can the kids take playstation and dvd's with them? Just wish we could go tomorrow! would if we could! One agent said that he could rush it through within 2-4 months, cos of demand for OH's job, does this sound realistic? as I have seen that it takes more than 12 months for some people, don't think I could take another 12 months over here! Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hi and welcome to BE i have sent you a pm. from Laine
Old Feb 11th 2007, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Making the move-Stressfull?!

Originally Posted by The Sheps

Thanks
Hiya,

I have to say, yes, I did find moving stressful. I guess it will depend on your individual circumstances and your personality which bits are the hardest for you. Leaving family and friends behind was, for me, the hardest part of it all but is has become infinitely easier over time; I still miss people, but everyone understands why we are doing what we are, and I rarely feel guilty! All the packing up and re-settling is stressful at the time in that is's so busy, but it's not that bad - we are just about to do it for second time and knowing now what I didn't know then I'm not feeling remotely stressed about it this time, what will be will be. Lists are the answer for me, and lists of lists etc!