making the move

Old Mar 14th 2008, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

mmarkmet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default making the move

hi everyone

just joined and am hoping to gain lots of useful info on emigrating to oz. have seen a consultant today from four corners, would be grateful for anyone who has used them in the past. unfortunately the only way for us to emigrate is by 475 class route. Any thoughts on this. Adelaide seems a nice place but it is on temporary visa for two years then we can apply for permanent visa. do we take the risk. my husband is skilled in I T and i am childcare worker. we have 2 children ages 11 and 15. Any advice would be much appreciated as we are trying to gather as much info as poss. We understand also that whole process could take up to 18months. has anyone found the process any quicker.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 5:39 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: making the move

Originally Posted by mmarkmet
hi everyone

just joined and am hoping to gain lots of useful info on emigrating to oz. have seen a consultant today from four corners, would be grateful for anyone who has used them in the past. unfortunately the only way for us to emigrate is by 475 class route. Any thoughts on this. Adelaide seems a nice place but it is on temporary visa for two years then we can apply for permanent visa. do we take the risk. my husband is skilled in I T and i am childcare worker. we have 2 children ages 11 and 15. Any advice would be much appreciated as we are trying to gather as much info as poss. We understand also that whole process could take up to 18months. has anyone found the process any quicker.
Hi , welcome to BE , we had a consultation with Four Corners ... very imformative but found their quote expensive , shopped around .. used GoMatilda & was very happy & lots cheaper . it can all be done via email & phone so need to use the agents closest if thats your case .

Good luck .
Old Mar 14th 2008, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

mancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to all

We too looked at Four Corners - but expensive as Icarus said.

We also appointed Go Matilda to assist with our application.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

flodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really nice

Hello I'm new to,
Sorry I cannot help with visa info, we are going different route. However, i'd thought i would mention that there is a working abroad section which has a IT section that my husband found useful.

If you haven't found it yet go to the main forum index and it's down the bottom.

Good luck with everything.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

thekeans is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We are in the same position as you, we can only go to SA on a 475 temp visa as my OH job in graphic designer. We have looked at sooooo many options, sponsorship to Sydney, going as a graphic pre press, but now that path D is closed under the TRA assessment thats a no go.
I was really torn about it as I have friends in Sydney and OHs job is much more available in Sydney.

But we have decided not to look a gift horse in the mouth, Adelaide is lovely according to friends who have been and forums I have been on.
House prices are cheaper than else where and there could be a boom soon according to another thread.

We are going to take a chance as there is no point in regretting not trying!!

PM me if you want to chat more. I have lots of info on the Immigration in SA and we are not going to use an agent.

Hope this helps you

Clare
Old Mar 15th 2008, 12:35 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thekeans
Hi

<snip> ...and we are not going to use an agent.

Clare

Sorry to read of that Clare ...

Best regards.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 7:17 am
Just Joined

thekeans is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: making the move

Hi Alan

we need to keep costs down and I have the time to do the research myself. Thanks for your advice.

If we suddenly get stuck Go Matilda will be the first place we try.