Making the Move

Old Jan 3rd 2008, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

Lyndsey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Making the Move

Me and my family (hubby, 10 year old daughter and two dogs) are seriously considering making the move to Australia. However we are torn between Perth and Brisbane. We are attracted to Perth for the more comfortable climate, (hot summers cooler winters) but Brisbane does seem to be the place for job offers and opportunities. But the temperatures and high humidity are putting us off. Also Perth does appear to be more remote than the cities along the east coast. Arrrgghh so much to consider. :curse: Can anyone please advise???
Old Jan 4th 2008, 9:11 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Making the Move

Originally Posted by Lyndsey
Me and my family (hubby, 10 year old daughter and two dogs) are seriously considering making the move to Australia. However we are torn between Perth and Brisbane. We are attracted to Perth for the more comfortable climate, (hot summers cooler winters) but Brisbane does seem to be the place for job offers and opportunities. But the temperatures and high humidity are putting us off. Also Perth does appear to be more remote than the cities along the east coast. Arrrgghh so much to consider. :curse: Can anyone please advise???
We're in Perth, love it and love the climate.
Only you can really make the right decision.... My advice... Check the house prices in Perth www.reiwa.com You might be shocked as they have risen dramatically in the last 2 years.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 9:41 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Making the Move

I can't help between the two. We're in Brisbane and we love it.

If you don't get many replies try the search funtion. I've did a quick search, there's some good threads here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...earchid=689931

If you ever want to do a search just look on the blue line on the right side of the page. Click where it says "search this forum".