Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Make your mark on the British Expats map!

Make your mark on the British Expats map!

Old Oct 15th 2005, 8:58 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Make your mark on the British Expats map!

Thought this was pretty cool - so I created a British Expats version. Visit this site, click on the 'Add Yourself' button and enter your details. The best view is if you click on the Hybrid button on the map. Bear in mind it's an early bit of code and that you'll probably have to add the largeish city near to you, rather than your actual town/village, but still it'd be nice to see the thing full of pin marks

Oh and I haven't moved yet, so it's a kind of 'where we'll be in 9 months time' thing
Old Oct 15th 2005, 9:01 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Make your mark on the British Expats map!

Originally Posted by Hutch
Thought this was pretty cool - so I created a British Expats version. Visit this site, click on the 'Add Yourself' button and enter your details. The best view is if you click on the Hybrid button on the map. Bear in mind it's an early bit of code and that you'll probably have to add the largeish city near to you, rather than your actual town/village, but still it'd be nice to see the thing full of pin marks

Oh and I haven't moved yet, so it's a kind of 'where we'll be in 9 months time' thing
Cool...
Old Oct 15th 2005, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Make your mark on the British Expats map!

cheers mate,i've put me pin on,
Ly nn
Old Oct 15th 2005, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

nanci will become famous soon enoughnanci will become famous soon enough

Ditto,

Nanci
Old Oct 15th 2005, 10:00 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm impessed....the map knew where Bendigo was
Old Oct 15th 2005, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Hels

I could only get as far as newcastle-upon-tyne,i live in Alnwick,which is 33miles away! but i still think it's cool
Lynn
Old Oct 15th 2005, 10:09 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Like it! ...
Old Oct 15th 2005, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

Pauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nice

Very good.

Cheers.
Old Oct 15th 2005, 10:28 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

That's cool. Felt the need to show off and put myself twice. If you zoom out to the bottom, it's amazing how close Aus is to the UK
Old Oct 15th 2005, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond repute

Great idea!!
Mick
Old Oct 15th 2005, 11:36 pm
Just Joined

arewethereyet has a spectacular aura aboutarewethereyet has a spectacular aura aboutarewethereyet has a spectacular aura about

Done it, we are a few miles outside Edinburgh but its near enough...Movin to Victoria, probably Melbourne, early 06 if all goes to plan.
Old Oct 16th 2005, 2:19 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels
Glad someone does
Old Oct 16th 2005, 2:56 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bix
Glad someone does

You just REALLY want me to put you over my knee, dontcha???
Old Oct 16th 2005, 4:50 am
BE Enthusiast

RReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud of

Can't put myself on cos it won't accept any of the post codes I've tried - including Brisbane.

Any suggestions from fellow locals?

Rachel
Old Oct 16th 2005, 5:41 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RReed
Can't put myself on cos it won't accept any of the post codes I've tried - including Brisbane.

Any suggestions from fellow locals?

Rachel
Rachel - it only takes US zip codes

click on "not in the US" link below, and then just type the city name of Brisbane.

I've done mine - not in Australia yet, but almost there! Gotta hunt to find where I'm living

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.