Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Make the most of it

Wikiposts

Make the most of it

Old Sep 7th 2003, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your kind words everyone, its very much appreciated.

Whisky
Old Sep 7th 2003, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

Bobbi is an unknown quantity at this point

So sorry to hear of your loss. I understand how you are feeling at this moment I have lost 3 close family members this year. My thoughts are with you and your family

Bobbi
Old Sep 7th 2003, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Whisky
Your posts have always been positive and informative - in short you seem a lovely person. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss and my heart goes out to you.
Larissa
Old Sep 7th 2003, 9:54 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Whiskey,
So very sorry for your loss. I know it's hard but please try and take some comfort from the fact that she was happy and by the sounds of it lived a good life.

Kind Regards
ACE
Old Sep 7th 2003, 9:54 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Im so sorry whisky my thoughts are with you
Sky
Old Sep 8th 2003, 1:11 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Whiskey, so sorry to hear your sad news. We send you our condolences at this sad time
Heather and Matt
Old Sep 8th 2003, 1:58 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Sorry about your news, how awful
Old Sep 8th 2003, 5:05 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Really sorry about your tragic news. I was reading that article in the paper today- Daily Mail- and thinking to myself how awful it was.

You are right about living for today. You have convinced me further that we are doing the right thing emigrating. I don't want to have any 'what ifs' when I am older.

My thoughts are with you.
Old Sep 8th 2003, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Make the most of it

Originally posted by whisky
Just want to say, everyone who has their doubts, and their worries, just do what is in your hearts. Life is for living.

I don't know whether you have watched the news this evening about a boat capsizing on the River Severn at Stourport on Severn, killing a woman.
That woman was my cousin.

There is so much I could tell you about her, but at the moment I am totally stunned by it all.

She lived her life, and was very happy, and luckily, I know that she was very happy on this last weekend.

Whisky
Oh whisky
i am so sorry to hear about your cousin, you are very brave and i am sure that she is looking down on you with admiration
i'm not all that close to my dad but he once said to me along time ago, that 'life is not a dress rehearsal, enjoy every moment of it', it sounds to me that your cousin did just that,
thinking of you
rach & family
Old Sep 8th 2003, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Follow your Destiny

I found this today, and thought you might like to read it.

Follow your Destiny, wherever it leads you.

There comes a time in your life when you realize that if you stand still, you will remain at this point forever. You realize that if you fall and stay down, life will pass you by....

Lifes circumstances are not always what you might wish them to be. The pattern of life does not necessarily go as you plan. Beyond any understanding you may at times be led in different directions that you never imagined, dreamed, or designed. Yet if you had never put any effort into choosing a path, or tried to carry out your dream, then perhaps you would have no direction at all.

Rather than wondering about or questioning the direction your life has taken, accept the fact that there is a path before you now. Shake off the ''Whys'' and the ''What ifs,'' and rid yourself of confusion. Whatever was ~ is in the past. Whatever is ~ is whats important. The past is a brief reflection. The future is yet to be realized. Today is here.

Walk your path one step at a time ~ with courage, faith, and determination. Keep your head up, and cast your dreams to the stars. Soon your steps will become firm, and your footing will be solid again. A path that you never imagined will become the most comfortable direction you could have ever hoped to follow.

Keep your belief in yourself and walk into your new journey. You will find it magnificent, spectacular, and beyond your wildest imaginings.

By Vicki Stevens.

I would like to dedicate this to all of you on expats.

Whisky
Old Sep 8th 2003, 6:49 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Thats really lovely, thanks
I'm especially looking forward to this bit
"Soon your steps will become firm, and your footing will be solid again" cos all of this stuff definately shakes you up a bit. Hope you are ok Whisky.................
Old Sep 8th 2003, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear of your sad loss Whisky. Your posting is beautiful to read and reminds us all of the fragility of life and how we should embrace every new day.

thinking of you, Leigh.
Old Sep 8th 2003, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Follow your Destiny

I found this today, and thought you might like to read it.

Follow your Destiny, wherever it leads you.

There comes a time in your life when you realize that if you stand still, you will remain at this point forever. You realize that if you fall and stay down, life will pass you by....

Lifes circumstances are not always what you might wish them to be. The pattern of life does not necessarily go as you plan. Beyond any understanding you may at times be led in different directions that you never imagined, dreamed, or designed. Yet if you had never put any effort into choosing a path, or tried to carry out your dream, then perhaps you would have no direction at all.

Rather than wondering about or questioning the direction your life has taken, accept the fact that there is a path before you now. Shake off the ''Whys'' and the ''What ifs,'' and rid yourself of confusion. Whatever was ~ is in the past. Whatever is ~ is whats important. The past is a brief reflection. The future is yet to be realized. Today is here.

Walk your path one step at a time ~ with courage, faith, and determination. Keep your head up, and cast your dreams to the stars. Soon your steps will become firm, and your footing will be solid again. A path that you never imagined will become the most comfortable direction you could have ever hoped to follow.

Keep your belief in yourself and walk into your new journey. You will find it magnificent, spectacular, and beyond your wildest imaginings.

By Vicki Stevens.

I would like to dedicate this to all of you on expats.

Whisky
Ooh that bought tears to my eyes, what a lovely, inspiration posts, im going to print it off to keep me going in times of worries, doubts, fear
with admiration to you
rach
Old Sep 8th 2003, 8:09 am

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of
Default Re: Make the most of it

Just want to say, everyone who has their doubts, and their worries, just do what is in your hearts. Life is for living.

I don't know whether you have watched the news this evening about a boat capsizing on the River Severn at Stourport on Severn, killing a woman.
That woman was my cousin.

There is so much I could tell you about her, but at the moment I am totally stunned by it all.

She lived her life, and was very happy, and luckily, I know that she was very happy on this last weekend.

Whisky
Dear Whisky,

Sorry to read your post and sad news. You are really having a bad couple of weeks. Hope things pick up.
Old Sep 8th 2003, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Whiskey

Just wanted to say how sorry i am of your loss.

footie chick x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.