Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Make dimia pdf forms into interactive forms

Make dimia pdf forms into interactive forms

Old Oct 1st 2005, 12:35 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Make dimia pdf forms into interactive forms

All those dimia pdf forms you can download from dimia and not one of them can you fill out on your computer. You have to print the form then hand write to complete the form...... Until now !

I have experimented with the dimia pdf forms and found they are security protected from editing but I have found a way to turn the form into one you can easily add text to and print, making for a neat typewritten form instead of having to handwrite them.

If enough people would like to have an interactive form I would make them available either by email or possibly put them on a webpage for easy download
Old Oct 1st 2005, 1:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Make dimia pdf forms into interactive forms

Sounds good to me!!

I'd be interested!!!!
Old Oct 1st 2005, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
All those dimia pdf forms you can download from dimia and not one of them can you fill out on your computer. You have to print the form then hand write to complete the form...... Until now !

I have experimented with the dimia pdf forms and found they are security protected from editing but I have found a way to turn the form into one you can easily add text to and print, making for a neat typewritten form instead of having to handwrite them.

If enough people would like to have an interactive form I would make them available either by email or possibly put them on a webpage for easy download
I thought exactly the same thing. Wrong. My agent sent me form47SK and form 80 to fill out. I printed them off, filled them out, scanned them and had a h++l of a time trying to stuff them through my ISP. I got a mail back from the agent saying that he couldn't read the files and please could I send them in PDF format. I obtained Acrobat pro, a password cracker and set to work at hacking the form, only to discover that Acrobat reader 7.0 (and no password hacking tool) allows you to edit the forms!
Old Oct 1st 2005, 7:03 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Make dimia pdf forms into interactive forms

We filled all of our forms out on the computer as it is so much neater and you can change things as easily as you like if you want to.

Just make sure you don't alter the layout of the form in any way!

R.
Old Oct 1st 2005, 8:25 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Yes Acrobat reader 7.0 is the way ahead.
Old Oct 1st 2005, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Tuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charlie brown
I thought exactly the same thing. Wrong. My agent sent me form47SK and form 80 to fill out. I printed them off, filled them out, scanned them and had a h++l of a time trying to stuff them through my ISP. I got a mail back from the agent saying that he couldn't read the files and please could I send them in PDF format. I obtained Acrobat pro, a password cracker and set to work at hacking the form, only to discover that Acrobat reader 7.0 (and no password hacking tool) allows you to edit the forms!

Why didn't your agent fill them out for you?
Old Oct 1st 2005, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Yes Acrobat reader 7.0 is the way ahead.
I have downloaded Acrobat 7 but still can't work out how to add text to a document. Can anyone help a Thicky??
Old Oct 1st 2005, 8:47 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Question Re: Make dimia pdf forms into interactive forms

Originally Posted by Steve G
I have downloaded Acrobat 7 but still can't work out how to add text to a document. Can anyone help a Thicky??
If you have downloaded it, then its probably just Acrobat Reader 7, which means you can just read PDF files.

Is this the case?

R
Old Oct 1st 2005, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Carruss
If you have downloaded it, then its probably just Acrobat Reader 7, which means you can just read PDF files.

Is this the case?

R
Yep - It's that sneaky word "Reader" that makes all the difference isn't it?
Old Oct 1st 2005, 8:57 am
I am not the Messiah!

Wink Re: Make dimia pdf forms into interactive forms

Yep - It's that sneaky word "Reader" that makes all the difference isn't it?
Spot on!

Its really not worth buying the full version just to fill in a couple of forms as its expensive and you will probably never need it again.

Best best way is to try and find a friend or perhaps a work colleague who may have it and do it that way. Or just print them off and fill them in carefully eh!

R.
Old Oct 1st 2005, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

davykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud of

sounds good to me I would be interested

Nice work
Old Oct 1st 2005, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Xgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond repute

I used a 'Papermate EraserMax' pen, so if I made any mistakes, I could just rub them out. Ink becomes permanent after 24 hours. Well worth 99p I thought.
Old Oct 1st 2005, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

depaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud of

That would be fantastic. I would definitely be interested.
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of light

Just checked this out because I definitely used reader. It seems my agent sent me a version that can be filled out. There are lots of security settings in a pdf document and one of them allows to fill in fields. It may be worth asking immi for a version that allows the form to be filled out electronically.
Old Oct 6th 2005, 7:34 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, if you have a form in hard copy you can scan it and make it into an interactive pdf form (fillable form) however, 1. a scanned copy isnt the same as a "new, fresh" form and looks just like a photocopy.
2. Once scanned you still have to have a pdf writer not a reader to enable you to edit and add text fields.

What I have now been able to do is to remove the DIMIA edit protection from their originals meaning I can create perfect copies that are editable. This would be great for those who have a pdf writer but still no good for anyone who only has the pdf reader because its no good having an editable form if you ant edit it !! so.... If you need a perfect copy of a DIMIA form in pdf format that you can fill out like any other form on your computer, let me know the form number and I will try and make it available. Its quite time consuming (especially forms like 47* etc) but if interest is there I shall do it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.