make of car

Old Oct 19th 2005, 12:08 am
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

jocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant future
Default make of car

Hi, can anyone tell me what is the most common make of car in Australia.
Moving over i would like to buy a car that is not going to be too expensive for parts. :scared:
Old Oct 19th 2005, 12:13 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: make of car

Originally Posted by jocky boy
Moving over i would like to buy a car that is not going to be too expensive for parts. :scared:

In order, I think it goes Holden, Ford, Toyota.

Paul.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 12:14 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by diddy
In order, I think it goes Holden, Ford, Toyota.

Paul.
I reckon you'd be hard pushed to beat a Mitsubushi Magna.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 12:16 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: make of car

Holden: originally an authentic Australian company; now just another mass-produced photocopy by the soul-less, faceless American General Motors conglomerate.

Ford: more Yank rubbish, this time with a blue oval badge.

Toyota: Japanese excellence and quality, superior to both Holden and Ford; these things just never die. Aussies love 'em, for obvious reasons.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 12:17 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: make of car

Originally Posted by renth
I reckon you'd be hard pushed to beat a Mitsubushi Magna.
They can be a bit dodgy, though; quality tends to be inconsistent, and value drops faster than the big three IIRC.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 12:25 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
They can be a bit dodgy, though; quality tends to be inconsistent, and value drops faster than the big three IIRC.
I'd never buy a new one. I love mine though.

Holden - Aussies reckon they are the "all Australian" make and get a bit pissed off when you point out that they are a US company and many od the same "Holdens" you see in Australia are Vauxhalls in the UK or Opels in Europe.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 12:36 am
Fighting my corner

Thumbs up Re: make of car

Originally Posted by renth
I'd never buy a new one. I love mine though.

Holden - Aussies reckon they are the "all Australian" make and get a bit pissed off when you point out that they are a US company and many od the same "Holdens" you see in Australia are Vauxhalls in the UK or Opels in Europe.
Not all Aussies "reckon" this; I think many - if not most - of us know by now that Holden is no longer an Australian company, and hasn't been for years.

Sure, you'll always find a few who still cling foolishly to the delusion that Holden is an "all Australian" marque. But that's a load of cobblers; the fact that they are made here means absolutely nothing.

They're still Yank rubbish.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 1:58 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

The only part of a Holden that is "yank" rubbish ,is the V8 motor the 3.8ltr 6 motor is made in Melbourne , the rest of the car is Australian made and assembled at Elizabeth in Sth Australia , from Aust made and sourced components. Their is no Vauxhall equivalent of the Commodore, or statesman,the 5.8ltr Monaro is available as a vauxhall , and is the only rear wheel drive car that General Motors make. Holden exports to Saudi Arabia, sth Africa ,as Chevrolet also to Brazil and Malaysia, Korea and soon ,china............. mm
Old Oct 19th 2005, 2:01 am
Fighting my corner

Lightbulb Re: make of car

Originally Posted by mr mover
The only part of a Holden that is "yank" rubbish ,is the V8 motor the 3.8ltr 6 motor is made in Melbourne , the rest of the car is Australian made and assembled at Elizabeth in Sth Australia , from Aust made and sourced components. Their is no Vauxhall equivalent of the Commodore, or statesman,the 5.8ltr Monaro is available as a vauxhall , and is the only rear wheel drive car that General Motors make. Holden exports to Saudi Arabia, sth Africa ,as Chevrolet also to Brazil and Malaysia, Korea and soon ,china............. mm
Australian made and sourced components... put together on Yank instructions, to a Yank pattern, and built to Yank standards.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 2:15 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

not true. my holden was made in europe.

and the new holden viva is imported from korea. and the barina, which used to be the european corsa in now going to be the korean daewoo kalos.

Old Oct 19th 2005, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't Ford stand for 'Fix or repair daily"
Old Oct 19th 2005, 2:23 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by joho
Doesn't Ford stand for 'Fix or repair daily"
I've got an 89 Falcon Wagon - 280,000K - It rocks!
Old Oct 19th 2005, 2:30 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Their is no Vauxhall equivalent of the Commodore, ...... mm
There was in the UK it was called the Vauxhall Omega I think, an ugly lump that had one of the worst reputations going (which is par for the course for Vauxhall)
Old Oct 19th 2005, 5:14 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

BEST VALUE FOR MONEY, KIA CARNIVAL, 7 SEATER, SO COMFORTABLE, AIR CON. OURS COST 30,000 DOLLARS NEW, OVER IN UK IT IS KIA SEDONA, ITS A BEAUTIFUL CAR AND SO SPACIOUS.
DENISE
Old Oct 19th 2005, 5:15 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Australian made and sourced components... put together on Yank instructions, to a Yank pattern, and built to Yank standards.
The original commodore concept , was German {GM OPEL} the original car was built on this floor pan ,Gm discontinued this concept Holdens insisted on keeping the status quo ,as the rear wheel drive and bigger motors are better suited to Australian conditions, the new generation of commodores are a total Australian design ....................... mm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.