Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Main Street, Kangaroo Point, Brisbane...

Main Street, Kangaroo Point, Brisbane...

Old May 2nd 2012, 11:08 pm
Banned

carling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Main Street, Kangaroo Point, Brisbane...

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
We were there for the Everton V Liverpool semi final. Kicked off in the end and there was ambulances and blood etc etc..

Feels like home already Can't wait, got my Doc Martins being shipped as i write, just got to get my knuckleduster's through customs.....

Last edited by carling black label; May 2nd 2012 at 11:11 pm.
Old May 3rd 2012, 5:44 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

We were there for the Everton V Liverpool semi final. Kicked off in the end and there was ambulances and blood etc etc..

To be honest its not the best place. Theres tonnes better places. Only thing for it is that it shows all the footy.. (get used to saying soccer though as footy is rugby here..)
I find it a soulless place, its ok outside the front with a bit of music but the back garden is full of bogans and the inside can be a bit hit and miss.
I reckon the Irish Club up the road is better....but I may be a teeny bit biased!!
Old May 3rd 2012, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

I found a place in the valley, looked like a second hand shop. Huge garage roller shutter door, none of the furniture matched, but it had 100 world beers, 30 ciders and many many whiskeys. My new favourite place by far..

And no, I don't know what it was called because I was drunk.
Old May 3rd 2012, 11:56 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddyo
I find it a soulless place, its ok outside the front with a bit of music but the back garden is full of bogans and the inside can be a bit hit and miss.
I reckon the Irish Club up the road is better....but I may be a teeny bit biased!!
For drinking, maybe, but if you don't have a TV and want to watch the football, the Pig wins every time. Having sat in a pub in London last night with a choice of three matches on in various corners, and loyal fans raising the roof all round me, I freely admit its not the same as back home but at least you get to see some football, and in my strange little world it comes under the heading of "You're stuck here, learn to make it work for you "
Old May 3rd 2012, 2:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

I found a place in the valley, looked like a second hand shop. Huge garage roller shutter door, none of the furniture matched, but it had 100 world beers, 30 ciders and many many whiskeys. My new favourite place by far..

And no, I don't know what it was called because I was drunk.
Sounds like Kerbside Bar

Last edited by fish.01; May 3rd 2012 at 2:53 pm.
Old May 4th 2012, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Haha! Yes! I thought it was a decent place..
Old May 4th 2012, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

LisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to all

We lived at Bridgewater Apartments a couple of years ago for a few months, absolutely loved it. The apartment was gorgeous, had a nice sized pool and spa with changing rooms and showers......a tennis court and bbq area which we didn't get round to using but looked great and the view.....incredible. Noise was never an issue 6 floors up.

The Building Manager at the time was Graham, a kiwi bloke....really nice guy.

Location was perfect, as has been said, 2 min walk to a ferry which takes under 5 to Eagle St Pier.

Would like to go back but a little out of our budget at the moment.
Attached Thumbnails Main Street, Kangaroo Point, Brisbane...-bris-cbd.png  
Old May 4th 2012, 11:20 am
Banned

carling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by LisaIan
We lived at Bridgewater Apartments a couple of years ago for a few months, absolutely loved it. The apartment was gorgeous, had a nice sized pool and spa with changing rooms and showers......a tennis court and bbq area which we didn't get round to using but looked great and the view.....incredible. Noise was never an issue 6 floors up.

The Building Manager at the time was Graham, a kiwi bloke....really nice guy.

Location was perfect, as has been said, 2 min walk to a ferry which takes under 5 to Eagle St Pier.

Would like to go back but a little out of our budget at the moment.
http://www.bridgewaterterraces.com.au/

Very nice, but not cheap. A little too expensive for six months.
Old May 4th 2012, 11:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Break Lease - Kangaroo Point
Old May 4th 2012, 11:28 am
Banned

Originally Posted by fish.01
$770.00 a week. Out of our price range, way out and an unfurnished apartment. We need fully furnished.

Cheers.
Old May 4th 2012, 1:26 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carling black label
$770.00 a week. Out of our price range, way out and an unfurnished apartment. We need fully furnished.

Cheers.
Good luck finding that, let alone at a reasonable price.
Old May 4th 2012, 10:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Maybe I should have looked at it first sorry busy atm.

Last edited by fish.01; May 4th 2012 at 10:58 pm.
Old May 5th 2012, 12:10 pm
Banned

Maybe I should have looked at it first sorry busy atm.
A tad pricey, for a mere mortal as me?
Old May 5th 2012, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

coldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nice

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Good luck finding that, let alone at a reasonable price.
Agreed.

When we moved from Sydney we needed furnished for a few weeks while we found our bearings and decided where to live, before shipping our furniture up, we found it very hard to find furnished short term accom in Brisbane for anything like a reasonable price. Ended up on the Gold Coast which was great fun but a big commute. From memory there were some options in South Bank nut at about $800 pw.

Much more furn accom on the Gold Coast especially off season. i.e for the next few months.
Old May 7th 2012, 10:47 am
Banned

Originally Posted by coldbeer
Agreed.

When we moved from Sydney we needed furnished for a few weeks while we found our bearings and decided where to live, before shipping our furniture up, we found it very hard to find furnished short term accom in Brisbane for anything like a reasonable price. Ended up on the Gold Coast which was great fun but a big commute. From memory there were some options in South Bank nut at about $800 pw.

Much more furn accom on the Gold Coast especially off season. i.e for the next few months.
There's plenty of short term accom, circa......$1000.00 a week, which is fine....Permanent fully furnished is a tougher nut to crack, found a few around $550.00 a week, which are not too far off quality wise relative to the Gold Coast.

What one has to remember is i will earn as an unskilled migrant at least the difference in rent between the Gold Coast and CBD, due to the lack of work on the Gold Coast, and the greater oppurtunity of work in and around CBD

So its either more cheaper rentals on the Gold Coast, but cannot pay the rent due to no work......Or less more expensive rentals in CBD, but at least i can contribute to the rent as i will be working, even if its handing out leaflets or driving an armoured tank, sorry ooops a taxi on a Saturday and Friday night in CBD, which i know is dangerous at times, but will give me at least $500 bucks a week in my hand.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.