Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Made it to Adelaide, at last.....

Made it to Adelaide, at last.....

Old Nov 19th 2003, 11:02 pm
A soft and furry member

Bluey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Made it to Adelaide, at last.....

Today is our 2 week anniversary of landing in Adelaide, Isn't the flight a bloody killer. Thank goodness for the Transit Hotels at Koala Lumpur Airport.
We had booked into a holiday village initially which was very nice (except it was next door to the sewage farm, so a bit niffy at times, but within a week had sorted out a lease on a house in Glenelg, we also now have our own transport, but transferring the Rego into our name is hitting the brick wall of Aussie Beaurocracy, as is Jaz's registration for medicare, but we must grit teeth and go on. Apart from these little things, everything so far has exceeded expectations by a long way, and we have fallen in love with the place. The people are great, helpful and freindly, the weather is fabulous, though even the locals think it's very hot at the moment (a couple of days at 36c so far). David is starting school next week, we've put him in before the summer holidays to help him meet some friends in the area, and both David and Heather love the beaches, sea and clear water to swim in. I hope I've put the attachment on right, which has a few of our first Piccies on it.

Bluey.

Adelaide at last.....
Attached Files
File Type: doc
hello from us.doc (440.0 KB, 189 views)
Old Nov 19th 2003, 11:10 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Well done, you guys!

Hope all goes well for you - you sound like you've got off to a good start.

I'm planning to be there around August next year, (validating in February though)so keep in touch.

All the best - can't wait to be there too!!

Elaine
Old Nov 19th 2003, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

BookBear is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to Adelaide! Hope to meet you all at the next Expats Barbie.

Thanks for the photos, you all look very happy.

I've just realised it's 3 years ago today that I left for Australia, boy times flies when you're having fun!

Enjoy today's weather of 24ish, it won't be long before it's hovering around the 40 mark!
Old Nov 20th 2003, 8:26 am
Adelaide here we come

kittenlips is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Made it to Adelaide, at last.....

Hi Bluey

Sounds like you are settling in nicely! Make sure you keep posting info & piccies.

We hope to be there next Aug/Sep, all being well. So any advice, titbits you can give us will be much appreciated.

Good luck

Theresa
Old Nov 20th 2003, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Welcome to adelaide

We only arrived in July and are living North of the city.

We are planning to come down to Glenelg at the weekend for the Christmas Parade, that will be surreal in the sun and the heat (although thankfully cooler tonight, I should sleep at last!)

Great to hear more of your fustrations and joys as you settle in.

We have kids boy 8 and girl 3, who have settled in well. They love the beach too.
All the best
Mash..

Originally posted by Bluey
Today is our 2 week anniversary of landing in Adelaide, Isn't the flight a bloody killer. Thank goodness for the Transit Hotels at Koala Lumpur Airport.
We had booked into a holiday village initially which was very nice (except it was next door to the sewage farm, so a bit niffy at times, but within a week had sorted out a lease on a house in Glenelg, we also now have our own transport, but transferring the Rego into our name is hitting the brick wall of Aussie Beaurocracy, as is Jaz's registration for medicare, but we must grit teeth and go on. Apart from these little things, everything so far has exceeded expectations by a long way, and we have fallen in love with the place. The people are great, helpful and freindly, the weather is fabulous, though even the locals think it's very hot at the moment (a couple of days at 36c so far). David is starting school next week, we've put him in before the summer holidays to help him meet some friends in the area, and both David and Heather love the beaches, sea and clear water to swim in. I hope I've put the attachment on right, which has a few of our first Piccies on it.

Bluey.

Adelaide at last.....
Old Nov 20th 2003, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Bluey

Bluey.

Adelaide at last.....

Hello Bluey, sounds like you have found your feet, quite well,
I know what you mean about the journey, I am off again to the u.k. for Christmas, go most years, just can't ever get used to a Aussie Christmas in the heat!!

Thanks for your photos they are lovely, and you all look so happy.