Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Made it to 1000!!!!!

Made it to 1000!!!!!

Old Nov 15th 2004, 10:39 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Made it to 1000!!!!!

Whohoooooooo it's official! I have no life!! LOL

Where's Pollyana when you need her?

To make this post worthwhile, I'll add some useless Australian trivia for your reading pleasure.

Australian soldiers used the song "We're Off to See the Wizard" as a marching song in WWII.

Australia is the only country to have monotremes. A monotreme is a mammal that lays eggs but suckles its young on milk once they have hatched (e.g. the platypus).

The Australian $5 to $100 notes are made of plastic.

The Nullarbor Plain of Australia covers 100,000 square miles (160,900 km) without a tree.

The Salvation Army in Australia made the worlds first full length feature movie in 1900.

Tasmania, Australia has the cleanest air in the inhabited world.

The longest place name still in use, which is 85 letters long, is "Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipuka- kapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu" which is a name of a hill in New Zealand.

C ya!!

Siren
Old Nov 15th 2004, 10:42 pm
Go Banana's !!

Default Re: Made it to 1000!!!!!

Originally Posted by Siren
Whohoooooooo it's official! I have no life!! LOL

Where's Pollyana when you need her?

To make this post worthwhile, I'll add some useless Australian trivia for your reading pleasure.

Australian soldiers used the song "We're Off to See the Wizard" as a marching song in WWII.

Australia is the only country to have monotremes. A monotreme is a mammal that lays eggs but suckles its young on milk once they have hatched (e.g. the platypus).

The Australian $5 to $100 notes are made of plastic.

The Nullarbor Plain of Australia covers 100,000 square miles (160,900 km) without a tree.

The Salvation Army in Australia made the worlds first full length feature movie in 1900.

Tasmania, Australia has the cleanest air in the inhabited world.

The longest place name still in use, which is 85 letters long, is "Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipuka- kapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu" which is a name of a hill in New Zealand.

C ya!!

Siren
Good morning and congrats on the big 1000 !!!

Great facts!

Looking forward to seeing you Wednesday

Jill

Old Nov 15th 2004, 10:46 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
Good morning and congrats on the big 1000 !!!

Great facts!

Looking forward to seeing you Wednesday

Jill

Thankee kindly...and me too!

Siren
Old Nov 15th 2004, 10:46 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

congrats siren!

and yes you are officially addicted.... ...unlike me ofcourse!

actually Im not far off either am I...oo errr (994)
Old Nov 15th 2004, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by yvsie
congrats siren!

and yes you are officially addicted.... ...unlike me ofcourse!

Says she with 6 posts to go...LOL

Siren
Old Nov 15th 2004, 10:48 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Says she with 6 posts to go...LOL

Siren
yeah but no but yeah but no but.....pmsl
I joined in Apr 2002...its taken you less than a year!
Old Nov 15th 2004, 10:50 pm
Go Banana's !!

Spot who watches Little Britain!!
love it

Jill

Old Nov 15th 2004, 10:52 pm

Ah yes....but there are 2 of us posting under the same name so technically we're about on par at about 500 posts each a year...hehehehe

Siren
Old Nov 15th 2004, 10:53 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Pollyana is busy booking bedrooms for firemen

Cos I'm on this silly work computer I don't think I can get the Roo to dance....sure someone else can help
Attached Thumbnails Made it to 1000!!!!!-dancing-kangaroo.gif  
Old Nov 15th 2004, 10:57 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

Ah yes....but there are 2 of us posting under the same name so technically we're about on par at about 500 posts each a year...hehehehe

Siren
ok ok...i will let u off then!
Old Nov 15th 2004, 10:59 pm

THANKS Pollyana!!

I've been looking forward to that roo for a while. Why? I...don't...know!

and you're darn right, Yvsie!! LOL (who is now only 4 away from the big 1000)

Siren
Old Nov 15th 2004, 11:00 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

THANKS Pollyana!!

I've been looking forward to that roo for a while. Why? I...don't...know!

and you're darn right, Yvsie!! LOL (who is now only 4 away from the big 1000)

Siren
ok i will waste a few more on your thread so that I can catch you up then!
Old Nov 15th 2004, 11:01 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

actually I cant..I must do some ironing
Old Nov 15th 2004, 11:03 pm

actually I cant..I must do some ironing

Ooooooh that was a cheeky bid for one more post!! LOL

Siren
Old Nov 15th 2004, 11:33 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

Ooooooh that was a cheeky bid for one more post!! LOL

Siren
thats me!...
done a bit now and dropped daughter off at school.....
now will do more ironing and

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.