Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mad hubby and TRA

Mad hubby and TRA

Old Apr 15th 2005, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mad hubby and TRA

Originally Posted by kerry&co
We haven't got enough points for Wa my bloke is to old so he lost us 5 points not to mention the fact that i'm worthless as far as points go. how did you find Sa compared to Wa?
We don't have enough points either - were ok until the points changed, hence why we're looking at SIR.

We liked SA to live but got a bit bored with the touristy stuff. The areas we liked best for schools and houses etc were very hilly making building our own house pricey and the houses being built were timber framed whereas WA houses were brick and block. It makes sense in our heads to pick SA over WA but our hearts were with WA.
Old Apr 16th 2005, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ohippy
Anyone got any ideas on how to deal with a husband who thinks he knows better than our agent ?

Four months ago our agent gave us a detailed list of what was needed for hubby to be assessed as a bricklayer including employer statements from the 3 million ex employers.

I typed up an example for him to give them all and sent him on his merry way. 4 months on and I have four references which all say .....worked for me as a bricklayer and I would recommend him.

Seriously - that is ALL they say. One line and a signature. When I explained to hubby that it needs to be a tad more detailed than that, he informed me that the 'agent had no idea what he was talking about and of course that was all the TRA need'.

Help me !!! I want to kill him but, if I did, I'd have no chance of ever getting to OZ

I totally sympathise with you. I have a hubby very similar to yours - he has only READ the TRA form and thinks its utterly ridiculous and 'they dont need all that information, its utter rubbish!" I know he's just finding excuses in his head at the moment as he cant make that definite decision about going to Oz ... has has the 'all talk and no trousers' kind of attitude at the moment ... I, also, cannot kill him as he's our only chance of a ticket over there!!!! hehehe

Chin up, keep smiling (through gritted teeth)
Hugs
Karen x
Old Apr 16th 2005, 1:35 pm

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

To give you an idea how much info the TRA want, at the moment I can't get my trade certification as I am unable to produce the exact syllabus I did for my apprenticeship 15 years ago. My ex employer, the college where I studied and EDEXCEL all say they don't keep records that long.

The TRA certainly won't contact anyone for extra information. When you put your application in that's it, the only reason they will contact anyone is to verify authenticity of a document, if they aren't happy or you haven't given them enough information they will fail the application and it's up to you to try again and of course pay the fee again.

Put in double what you think you should send then check again and add some more stuff.
Old Apr 16th 2005, 4:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flying Banana
To give you an idea how much info the TRA want, at the moment I can't get my trade certification as I am unable to produce the exact syllabus I did for my apprenticeship 15 years ago. My ex employer, the college where I studied and EDEXCEL all say they don't keep records that long.

The TRA certainly won't contact anyone for extra information. When you put your application in that's it, the only reason they will contact anyone is to verify authenticity of a document, if they aren't happy or you haven't given them enough information they will fail the application and it's up to you to try again and of course pay the fee again.

Put in double what you think you should send then check again and add some more stuff.
Thanks for that info - I'm going to try and print it out to show hubby, he might then believe me. Or maybe not, worth a try
Old Apr 16th 2005, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Originally Posted by ohippy
Anyone got any ideas on how to deal with a husband who thinks he knows better than our agent ?

Four months ago our agent gave us a detailed list of what was needed for hubby to be assessed as a bricklayer including employer statements from the 3 million ex employers.

I typed up an example for him to give them all and sent him on his merry way. 4 months on and I have four references which all say .....worked for me as a bricklayer and I would recommend him.

Seriously - that is ALL they say. One line and a signature. When I explained to hubby that it needs to be a tad more detailed than that, he informed me that the 'agent had no idea what he was talking about and of course that was all the TRA need'.

Help me !!! I want to kill him but, if I did, I'd have no chance of ever getting to OZ
Ohippy

I have sent you a pm.

Theresa
Old May 22nd 2005, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

STEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kerry&co
hi ohippy, my partner is a bricklayer, we have just finished all the tra stuff, it's taken about 2 months, we are going to send it in this weekend. My bloke is the switched on one and i sound a bit like your husband, we live in Bath, if he wants to email him for any help do, we've also got 2 girls 4 & 7, where as you looking to go in Oz?
HI iam a bricklayer with city & guilds & over 20 years
expirence, but not very good at explaing my job in small detail to the misses so she can type it out, to give to past employers as a reference guide, thank you ,stephen kelly ,1 boy 16 & girl 16 heading to perth got family & work waiting for us
Old May 22nd 2005, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by STEVE&TERRI
HI iam a bricklayer with city & guilds & over 20 years
expirence, but not very good at explaing my job in small detail to the misses so she can type it out, to give to past employers as a reference guide, thank you ,stephen kelly ,1 boy 16 & girl 16 heading to perth got family & work waiting for us
Have sent you a pm