Mackay meet-up

Old Aug 5th 2009, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

shonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant future
Default Mackay meet-up

Are their any meet ups in Mackay anytime soon? We are new to the area and I work from home, not great for the social life! It would be great to catch up with any local expats
Old Aug 13th 2009, 1:49 am
BE Enthusiast

hollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud of
Default Re: Mackay meet-up

We are heading to Mackay!
Arrive around 12th Sept.
We will have a meet with you then....
How are you settlng in?
HKA
Old Aug 13th 2009, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

shonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant future

Hi there HKA

We are settling in great, living in Blacks Beach which is northern beaches area, certainly one of the nicer areas of Mackay. Beaches and winter weather fantastic! Are you moving from UK or relocating in Australia? We have been in Aus for last 3 years but only in Mackay for a few weeks. You'll have to let me know when you arrive!

Hey was also fluffing around looking through posts and noticed that you are ED nurse, me too! I am currently at work and bored waiting for the phone to ring. Been thinking of a job in Mackay ED, currently working for company called Health Direct Australia, telephone triage working from home. Convenient but not really a challenge, took it as they said it would move with me from NSW so worked out really well. Have you got an ED job yet? I was previously working in ED in NSW and loved it!

Take care Shona

Last edited by shonalouise; Aug 13th 2009 at 3:49 am.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 8:32 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shonalouise
Hi there HKA

We are settling in great, living in Blacks Beach which is northern beaches area, certainly one of the nicer areas of Mackay.
Take care Shona
Have the dual carriage works been completed yet? Suppose there must be alot more shops up and running since we were last up that way

The platform my daughter is jumping on is for the bride and groom during the sundown (and sunrise) wedding ceremonies.

There really are white sandy beaches around the corner. Prefer the rocks myself much more interesting things for the daughter to investigate when the tides out.
Attached Thumbnails Mackay meet-up-dscf1068.jpg   Mackay meet-up-dscf1071.jpg   Mackay meet-up-dscf1072.jpg  
Old Aug 13th 2009, 9:44 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm flying to Mackay on Sunday for 3 days, any places I should make a point of visiting while I'm not at work? Can go for a beer Tuesday night if you up for it

Steve
Old Aug 16th 2009, 1:49 am
KLG
Just Joined

KLG is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

How are you finding Mackay? We (Lorna, age 39 and husband Kevin 42) have lived in Mackay for just over 1 year and have made a few friends since we got here. We are now living in Mount Pleasant. I work as a podiatrist and kevin works as pit crew for Virgin Blue. If you want to get in touch for a coffee and a chat, give us a call 4942 8161. we'd be glad to make your aquaintance. Best Wishes x
Old Aug 28th 2009, 11:44 am
Just Joined

kirstiec has a brilliant futurekirstiec has a brilliant futurekirstiec has a brilliant futurekirstiec has a brilliant futurekirstiec has a brilliant futurekirstiec has a brilliant futurekirstiec has a brilliant future

Hi shona/holly/KLG

Just read your messages. Hubby & I have lived in Mackay for almost 2 years now (we first came to Oz 3 years ago, but stayed in Emerald for the first year).

If anyone would like to meet for coffee, it would be great!! Hubby & I live in Andergrove area, no kids, which proves difficult to find new friends! Hubby works for BMA and I work for Remax.

Best wishes
Old Aug 30th 2009, 8:52 am
Just Joined

kristinandavid is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

David (33) and I (30) arrived in Mackay four weeks ago. I am currently working as a community nurse for ozcare and David hasn't found a job yet. We are living in North Mackay and would really appreciate meeting up with you all. Just let us know if you would like to arrange something.

Kristina and David
Old Aug 30th 2009, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

kirstiec has a brilliant futurekirstiec has a brilliant futurekirstiec has a brilliant futurekirstiec has a brilliant futurekirstiec has a brilliant futurekirstiec has a brilliant futurekirstiec has a brilliant future

Hi Kristina & David

We would love to meet up - just let us know when you are all free.
We are away the weekend of 12/13th September as its my 40th and am planning a trip to Hamilton Island! Hubby is away on a course all week from 14th - 18th so perhaps that weekend ?

Whereabouts in North Mackay are you? We rented in Hannaford St when we first arrived here.

Best Wishes
Kirstie
Old Aug 31st 2009, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

Is anyone free the weekend after 26th/27th? We are at Blacks Beach, perhaps we could meet at one of the beach BBQ areas. It would be great to meet some people
Old Aug 31st 2009, 9:31 am
Just Joined

Hi Shonalouise
We are both free on Sunday 27th.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

Happy days, where shall we meet and what time? We are free anytime
Old Aug 31st 2009, 11:20 am
Just Joined

Are you interested in getting a coffee, having lunch, or having a drink? What are your interests? What about the Tavern @ Blacks Beach? Never been there, but have you? What else is there around that area? Or BBQ at the beach? We are free from about 1pm onwards.......
Old Aug 31st 2009, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Have been to the tavern, it's not bad by australian standards! There is a park at the beach with bbq area which has a lovely view over the beach. We are up for most things, will go with the majority vote!
Old Sep 1st 2009, 8:52 am
Just Joined

kristinandavid is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys

Looks like we are free on 27th September. We're up for anything, bbq at Blacks Beach sounds good. In answer to your question Kirstie, we are living in Grendon Street. It's been o.k up to now, at least its close to town.

Can't wait to meet up with you all!!

Kristina and David

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.