Mackay anyone?

Old Apr 17th 2009, 8:04 am
Northern Monkey

adamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to all
Default Mackay anyone?

Well after moving to Brisbane from the UK, losing my job quickly and trying seemingly in vain to find another job on a 457 I gave up hope and started looking for flights home.
However, today I returned home to find a job offer in my in-box from an interview I had ages ago in Mackay. I've only seen the place briefly before and after the interview, so wondered if anyone could give me any advice on how the place is likely to shape up for a single mid-30s fella with a liking for the odd beer and a love of Premiership football.
Thanks in advance for any help,
Adam
Old Apr 17th 2009, 9:43 am
Richard & Nikki

dickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to all
Default Re: Mackay anyone?

We have been in Mackay for 7 months. Going home in May!
Old Apr 17th 2009, 5:27 pm
Northern Monkey

adamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dickchap
We have been in Mackay for 7 months. Going home in May!
That bad huh?
Old Apr 17th 2009, 11:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adamlt1972
Well after moving to Brisbane from the UK, losing my job quickly and trying seemingly in vain to find another job on a 457 I gave up hope and started looking for flights home.
However, today I returned home to find a job offer in my in-box from an interview I had ages ago in Mackay. I've only seen the place briefly before and after the interview, so wondered if anyone could give me any advice on how the place is likely to shape up for a single mid-30s fella with a liking for the odd beer and a love of Premiership football.
Thanks in advance for any help,
Adam

Single bloke, footy, beer, Mackay probably right up your alley Rough, hot, boring for female, blokey type of place.

You could always give it a go for a month or so then go home??
Old Apr 17th 2009, 11:35 pm
Richard & Nikki

dickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to all

Nice beaches, not much else going on. I'm not sure about being single as I have children so don't venture into the town at night that much. When I have been out it seems the same as any other town, young adults out having fun. Just found the place rather boring.