Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

M2 Tolls in Sydney

M2 Tolls in Sydney

Old May 18th 2004, 3:25 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default M2 Tolls in Sydney

Work is moving to Maquarie business park near Ryde. Anyone know the tolls coming from the city? Anyone know the rush hour driving times from the city? Fortunately work will pay the tolls.
Old May 18th 2004, 3:39 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: M2 Tolls in Sydney

Originally posted by bondipom
Work is moving to Maquarie business park near Ryde. Anyone know the tolls coming from the city? Anyone know the rush hour driving times from the city? Fortunately work will pay the tolls.
Hi Bondi

My hubby works near there..he's in bed at mo (shiftwork) but will ask him later..!!
Old May 18th 2004, 3:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Hi BP

I think that BOC Gases has it's Australian HQ there. Used to work for them in UK (Guildford) so the name rang a bell.

Drove down from my brother's house (near Castle HIll) to the airport on the M2 and we had to chuck money in the tolls twice on the way down. Think it was $1.20 each time.

Hope this helps.
Old May 18th 2004, 3:52 am

Originally posted by Jaykay
Hi BP

I think that BOC Gases has it's Australian HQ there. Used to work for them in UK (Guildford) so the name rang a bell.

Drove down from my brother's house (near Castle HIll) to the airport on the M2 and we had to chuck money in the tolls twice on the way down. Think it was $1.20 each time.

Hope this helps.
I was looking on the web site but I am not sure if I get off before or after the North Ryde toll plaza. Looks like 3.80 if I do. Add 3 harbour tunnel and 4 for the ED and that adds up to 3500 a year!!!!.
Old May 18th 2004, 3:57 am
rudo1ph

I would think you would come off before the tolls. My hubby works in North Ryde and comes from the opposite direction along the M2 - he comes off at Delhi Road. The booths are (coming from the north) just before the exit to Macquarie Uni I think.

Even if you ducked off at Lane Cove Road to avoid the tolls I don't think it would be too bad traffic wise.

Rudi

Old May 18th 2004, 4:51 am

Originally posted by Jaykay
Hi BP

Hope this helps.
Cheers jaykay. BOC also had an office in Chobham is I remember rightly. I think my dad was friends with a few as he worked in the oil and gas industry.

Macquarie Business Park is where a lot of companies are moving to to avoid the CBD and chatswood rents. Microsoft and HP are just a couple.
Old May 18th 2004, 4:53 am

Originally posted by rudo1ph
I would think you would come off before the tolls. My hubby works in North Ryde and comes from the opposite direction along the M2 - he comes off at Delhi Road. The booths are (coming from the north) just before the exit to Macquarie Uni I think.

Even if you ducked off at Lane Cove Road to avoid the tolls I don't think it would be too bad traffic wise.

Rudi
Thats what I am hoping.