Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A luvverly cup of cha

A luvverly cup of cha

Old May 3rd 2006, 4:32 am
BE Enthusiast

OzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: A luvverly cup of cha

Originally Posted by Mipik
Vash,

What many people are saying is that the tea that is being sold in Oz is weaker than one in UK. This is achieved by blending it differently.
I concur! From one Aldi teabag in the UK I could get two perfectly brewed cups. Out here I get 2 very insipid cups (and I like weak tea!).

Is it possible that they don't put as many leaves in the bags out here?

And companies do make different products for different markets. Many years ago I was told by a then client, Colgate Palmolive that there is a product that they are not allowed to use in the Australian washing powders. This ingredient is allowed to be used elsewhere in the world hence the reason Australian washing powders do not perform as well (and you only have to see all the ads for "boosters" to confirm this view).
Old May 3rd 2006, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Mipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud of
Default Re: A luvverly cup of cha

Originally Posted by OzSheila

Is it possible that they don't put as many leaves in the bags out here?

And companies do make different products for different markets. Many years ago I was told by a then client, Colgate Palmolive that there is a product that they are not allowed to use in the Australian washing powders. This ingredient is allowed to be used elsewhere in the world hence the reason Australian washing powders do not perform as well (and you only have to see all the ads for "boosters" to confirm this view).

Normally there would be exactly same amount of product in the package, just different blend.

As the local regulations do vary in different countries legal issues are one of the reasons for different products manufactured for different markets.
(Don't think this would apply to tea)