Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Luggage Allowance

Luggage Allowance

Old Aug 21st 2008, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

langa has a spectacular aura aboutlanga has a spectacular aura aboutlanga has a spectacular aura about
Default Luggage Allowance

Hi all leaving next week, think i might be slightly over loaded with luggage due to carrying some tools! anyone know how much you get charged if over the 20kg limit?? or can you fill a case up to 20kg and take a smaller one weighing 10kg? or would i still be charged for overloading?? thanks
Old Aug 21st 2008, 1:51 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Luggage Allowance

Originally Posted by langa
Hi all leaving next week, think i might be slightly over loaded with luggage due to carrying some tools! anyone know how much you get charged if over the 20kg limit?? or can you fill a case up to 20kg and take a smaller one weighing 10kg? or would i still be charged for overloading?? thanks
Usually about £30 per kg. Would be better sending it air freight with a company like Excess Baggage Co, much cheaper than taking it with you as luggage.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

langa has a spectacular aura aboutlanga has a spectacular aura aboutlanga has a spectacular aura about

Why and where HAS THIS BEEN MOVED TO??
Old Aug 21st 2008, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

taylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant future

Me and my daughter are flying with emirates and get 40kg each due to 'migrating baggage allowance' has to be a permenant visa.

kelly
Old Aug 21st 2008, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by taylor25
Me and my daughter are flying with emirates and get 40kg each due to 'migrating baggage allowance' has to be a permenant visa.

kelly
Thanks mine is 20kg but im goingon holiday visa while my Perm Visa is waiting for approval!! might have to pay the extra.
Does anyone know what the charge is for over loading?
Old Aug 21st 2008, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

roxyinitalia is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks mine is 20kg but im goingon holiday visa while my Perm Visa is waiting for approval!! might have to pay the extra.
Hey my OH and I are flying with Emirates from Italy in 10 days and we are only allowed 20kilos each. If you go over with Emirates they charge something like 40euros each kilo. So we decided to go with Emirates cargo its about 6.50euros per kilo and we only need to send our things 3 business days in advance in order for it to be in Australia when we arrive.
You might want to check out Emriates cargo if your flying with them.
Good luck
Old Aug 21st 2008, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by roxyinitalia
Hey my OH and I are flying with Emirates from Italy in 10 days and we are only allowed 20kilos each. If you go over with Emirates they charge something like 40euros each kilo. So we decided to go with Emirates cargo its about 6.50euros per kilo and we only need to send our things 3 business days in advance in order for it to be in Australia when we arrive.
You might want to check out Emriates cargo if your flying with them.
Good luck
Thanks im with Singapore Airlines though
Old Aug 21st 2008, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

After a 10 second search on the Singapore website I found this, or you could email them to find out.
http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...sp?v=67091638&
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Bishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant future

Hi if I remember rightly it is 35GBP per kilo for Cathy Pacific, Singapore and Quantas. Is defo cheaper to go with an excess baggage company, there are always one at the airport too so you can check when you get there if you dont want to do it beforehand.