Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

luggage allowance???

luggage allowance???

Old Nov 28th 2004, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice
Question luggage allowance???

I will be going to Sydney on a 457 Visa, does that give you more luggage allowance?
Old Nov 28th 2004, 7:45 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: luggage allowance???

Originally Posted by hedgehog-girl
I will be going to Sydney on a 457 Visa, does that give you more luggage allowance?
No idea about this question but I am dieing to see someone called hedgehog-girl post her pictures on the names to faces thread
Old Nov 28th 2004, 8:15 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Probably not. You could always try asking the airline, but usually they look for migrant visas which the 457 is not.

If you've not done so already, have a look at the thread on 457 visa restrictions at the top of this forum, as it contains a lot of things you need to know.

Jeremy
Old Nov 28th 2004, 8:18 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

I'm on a fiance visa (300) and managed to get an extra 10kg with Singapore, they seem to be fairly helpful if you don't push for the full 20.

Hope this helps.
Old Nov 28th 2004, 9:56 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings.
I managed to get 35 Kg per person for us (including the kids) on Singapore Airlines. We are on a 457 too. It was not easy! Several phone calls, plenty of rejection and eventually they buckled!
5 x 35 Kg = 175 Kg
In the end, we took 9 cases with a total weight of 205 Kg. Not a word was said.

PS: Most airlines wont accept luggage that weighs 32 Kg or more. Tends to be too heavy for the baggage handlers to throw around. Even if you are only allowd 20 Kg, you can probably sneak up to 30 Kg/case without any drama.

Maybe we were lucky?

Andrew