Lufthansa

Old May 22nd 2008, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

sarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant future
Default Lufthansa

We are going one-way and want to stop in Bangkok on the way. The cheapest seems to be with Lufthansa - does anyone have any experience of this airline? I have founds loads of information on here about Qantus, BA, etc. but nothing really on Lufthansa. Any help appreciated.
Old May 22nd 2008, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

deryans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant future
Default Re: Lufthansa

They are pretty good, your european hub may be Frankfurt, don't be shy and ask the question if they transfer you to a Heinkel 111 and insist in a dusk departure from Frankfurt to old blightey...........

Seriously, they are an alliance partner with UA, so you'll find lots of american cabin crew
Old May 22nd 2008, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

first time i have heard that..!! american cabin crew??

They are one of the best airlines in customer care, and very professional.. makes us look a little crappy to be honest!
Old May 22nd 2008, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

FrankB is just really niceFrankB is just really niceFrankB is just really niceFrankB is just really niceFrankB is just really niceFrankB is just really niceFrankB is just really niceFrankB is just really nice

You won't find any american cabin crew but you will find a lot of americans because american military has a special deal with them to fly all gi's two times a year with them.

For me as a german it is a no no to fly with Lufthansa because most of crew is arrogant and ignorant when you're flying eco class. Food is fair (but not more) and the airport in frankfurt is just pain in the ass. Staff is unfriendly and most shops are far too expensive.

Why do you think they are cheap whereby nothing is cheap in germany?

However, it is not that bad and if the price is significantly cheaper go for it ... this time

Frank
Old May 22nd 2008, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarskis
We are going one-way and want to stop in Bangkok on the way. The cheapest seems to be with Lufthansa - does anyone have any experience of this airline? I have founds loads of information on here about Qantus, BA, etc. but nothing really on Lufthansa. Any help appreciated.
When I lived in Germany I used LHA a lot and found them excellent,the labour hire mob I worked for would use use their charter arm (Condor) to fly us to BKK and back to Frankfurt for SE Asia jobs.

If you stop off in BKK then the Offshore lounge on Sukhumvit soi 23 would be the place to have a beer.Asoke is the skytrain station and also the underground station.The owner is from Preston and he'll have the european championships on if you travel during that period.Over the soi there is an OZ bar that is reasonable.Lufthansa did have an arrangement with Manhattan hotel on Suk/vt soi 15 but don't know if they still do.Manhattan should come up online ,put it into Google,faded a bit since the 80's but still reasonable,should be around $30 a night booked online.You'll recognise the Offshore from the fish and chip shop he has next to it.Failing that go straight up to Chiang Mai,lychee season is next month.Lychees as big as apples at the fruit market there,so sweet and juicy.

Amsterdam Schipol is usually a better gateway into the UK and both A/dam and F/furt are good places to have a night out.Try the train down the Rhine through Koblenz and Mainz to get to A/dam,really beautiful.

As it is a one way ticket have a good look everywhere,you may never get the chance again.

Good Luck.
Old May 24th 2008, 7:16 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarskis
Be aware that you will probably not fly Lufthansa itself, but with a seperate codeshare airline, most likely Singapore Airlines or another from the Star Alliance group.
Old May 24th 2008, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

obviously u dont go to JKF a lot...makes frankfurt look like a kindergarten!!!

food is a lot better than that dished up here..
Old May 24th 2008, 7:09 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Be aware that you will probably not fly Lufthansa itself, but with a seperate codeshare airline, most likely Singapore Airlines or another from the Star Alliance group.
Actually I reckon the flight would be operated by Thai Airways. They are star alliance.

To the OP - check the flight and see who it is actually operated by despite your ticketing being with Lufthansa.

I doubt very much they will operate this route by their own aircraft when another partner airline uses this as their home hub.
Old May 24th 2008, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

MartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to behold

I was / am an "Hon" card holder with Lufthana (just take that to mean I have flown with them a lot). Generally they are very good - the main complain I had was the food on shrt-haul - long haul is fine. Planes are generally modern and the flight attendants very germanic (i.e. efficient and a bit cold). It helps a lot if you can speak German.

As someone already said I imagine you would get a codeshare flight so best to check which airline you will actually fly with
Old May 25th 2008, 7:44 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Actually I reckon the flight would be operated by Thai Airways. They are star alliance.
As I said "or another from the Star Alliance group.'