Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Love it, Love it. Love it.

Love it, Love it. Love it.

Old Feb 13th 2006, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

Chef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to behold
Default Love it, Love it. Love it.

Hi Everybody,

Perth is for me.
This is the first chance that I have ad to get onto the internet since we arrived. My God it has been busy. We landed on Fri 27 Jan, and straight away had to start getting schoolbooks and uniforms organised for the following Wed. People over here are so nice and friendly and we got our tree children started in school without any hic-cup. They all love it here. Don't under estimate how good it feels to see your children going out to school in sorts and polo shirts. We have already bought a 4/4. Top tip. make sure you buy a car with cruise control then you don't have to worry about sticking to the speed limits. The police over ere are so strict and everywhere. The weather has been quite cool for this time of year but it as suited us for the moment, but having said that the temp yesterday was 37.5 and We didn't seem to mind that. We bought a house yesterday and move into it the beginning of April. To All of you heading over to Perth, property prices have gone through the roof. We were caught on the hop.Everything is so bright and so well organised,it's just not funny. Most suburbs and housing estates have a green area with playground facilities for the children.By the way I have not seen so many jobs advertised in my life. Anybody would have a choice. Well depending on wat you were looking for.

If there is anybody Irish out there, thinking of coming over here or is in the process and needs help PM me and I will try to help.Perth is just so different to Ireland.Next week I have to go for four interviews for a job, and thats with me been choosy about the type of hours and style of work.

I was very worried about coming over and about whether I was making the right decision to give up a really good life and lifestyle in Ireland. Just for the chance of a better one. Today I personally feel that I made the right choice for my family. My attitude is you only have one life, so live it.

Life is much the same with school runs, cooking, cleaning and the rest of wat goes with a day to day life. It's just easier.

Will keep you informed if all that changes or stays the same.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 5:38 am
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Love it, Love it. Love it.

Originally Posted by Chef69
Hi Everybody,

Perth is for me.
This is the first chance that I have ad to get onto the internet since we arrived. My God it has been busy. We landed on Fri 27 Jan, and straight away had to start getting schoolbooks and uniforms organised for the following Wed. People over here are so nice and friendly and we got our tree children started in school without any hic-cup. They all love it here. Don't under estimate how good it feels to see your children going out to school in sorts and polo shirts. We have already bought a 4/4. Top tip. make sure you buy a car with cruise control then you don't have to worry about sticking to the speed limits. The police over ere are so strict and everywhere. The weather has been quite cool for this time of year but it as suited us for the moment, but having said that the temp yesterday was 37.5 and We didn't seem to mind that. We bought a house yesterday and move into it the beginning of April. To All of you heading over to Perth, property prices have gone through the roof. We were caught on the hop.Everything is so bright and so well organised,it's just not funny. Most suburbs and housing estates have a green area with playground facilities for the children.By the way I have not seen so many jobs advertised in my life. Anybody would have a choice. Well depending on wat you were looking for.

If there is anybody Irish out there, thinking of coming over here or is in the process and needs help PM me and I will try to help.Perth is just so different to Ireland.Next week I have to go for four interviews for a job, and thats with me been choosy about the type of hours and style of work.

I was very worried about coming over and about whether I was making the right decision to give up a really good life and lifestyle in Ireland. Just for the chance of a better one. Today I personally feel that I made the right choice for my family. My attitude is you only have one life, so live it.

Life is much the same with school runs, cooking, cleaning and the rest of wat goes with a day to day life. It's just easier.

So glad your settling in well, you have been busy! We too are heading for Perth, hopefully before the end of the year. I know what you mean about house prices we have been keeping an eye on them via the internet and the areas we liked on our recce 2 years ago seem to be now out of our price range so will probably have to re think when we get there. Our own fault for not getting our act together sooner. Good luck with the new house and the job hunting, Nicky
Old Feb 13th 2006, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

Great to hear that you've settled so quickly and are loving it so much . We're coming to Perth in March, which suburb is your new house in? Hope the move goes well for you.
TJ
Old Feb 13th 2006, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

Paul Fitz will become famous soon enough

Hi there

Great to hear you have settled in well. We are also from Ireland and hoping to emigrate (visa depending) in August. We are heading to Brisbane. Do you mind me asking how the children settled in. We have three children who are all at primary level. How did you find the enrolment proceedure at the school. We are looking to send our children to Catholic primary schools. Hard to decide on this side which school when you have not got accommodation sorted. We are going out in June hopfully with the intention of sorting schools and accommodation out.

Again congratulations on the move.

MK
Hi Everybody,

Perth is for me.

Old Feb 13th 2006, 9:36 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everybody,

Perth is for me.

What are "tree children" and why are you only offering help to the Irish?

Jokes aside, glad to see that things are going well for you. It's always re-assuring to see someone who is enjoying the actual emmigration process.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

hi chef 69,glad to see that you are settling in well.you sound so happy.can you keep us informed as to what jobs are in offer for chefs please.also do the ozzies like the Irish.im Irish ,husband is English,kids are half and half.glad all is going well for you.good luck.X irishbloo