Lousy Weekend

Old Mar 15th 2004, 4:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road
Angry Lousy Weekend

Had to get this off my chest.

Some of you in WA may have heard about the woman who got mauled by a pack of dogs on a neighbour's property.

Well that's my cousin and I've just spent 2 days at Royal Perth watching her go in an out of surgery. Poor kid is lucky to be alive.

She had gone to the property as the owner was supposedly in hospital and the dogs hadn't been fed or watered in 3 days. She cares for orphaned 'roos so couldn't leave other anumals to suffer.

That dammed toe rag (who incidentally got ran out of Gosnells for keeping 20 dogs in inhumane conditions) miraculously reappeared to supply water and food even though the police had already seen that none had been put out.

Slimey git is now suggesting he might sue for trespass and the loss of his dogs. It's all I can do to stop myself explaining the situation to him using a baseball bat as teaching aid! Trust me, he ain't getting away with that.

My cousing is now really upset that the dogs have been put down and keeps appologising to everyone.

To top it all got back today to get a reject letter for a job that I thought was a 90% cert.

Jeez I'm hacked off!

Sorry about that, rant over.
Old Mar 15th 2004, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

debio is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear God,
What an awful incident.Pray that your cousin fully recovers.Hope you are all okay.
I think i agree with you about the baseball bat approach-probably the only thing that will get through to a saddo like that.

Best wishes to you all.
Old Mar 15th 2004, 4:12 pm
WBB

sorry to hear that mate, sounds awful.

hope things get better for your cousin and yourself.

Old Mar 15th 2004, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

That is dreadful!!!.... was your cousin badly injured??

I have always said that anyone who wants to own a dog should be vetted to make sure they have enough brain cells for the job!! People like him should get the same treatment he gave the animals.
Old Mar 15th 2004, 4:26 pm
Soon to be Visas holders

pete n lisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Nibbs

Really sorry to hear about your cousin, hope she is back on her feet again soon.

As for the owner he needs shooting!!!

All the best P n L
Old Mar 15th 2004, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cheers for that folks.

I can't really say what I feel around the family and don't know enough others here yet to have a rant to.

PP,

Yeah she's really bad. The surgeon told me it was in the top 5 of all dog attacks he'd seen. She was lucky they didn't get her face but the rest of her is pretty badly chewed up.

I kinda of feel sorry for the dogs too. It isn;t their fault they've got a scumbag for an owner.

I'm really on a mission with this one. If it kills me am going to get the SOB banned from keeping animals for life!
Old Mar 15th 2004, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesy is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear that.... Sounds bl**dy terrible. Chin up you will get a job soon
Old Mar 15th 2004, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Jamesy
Sorry to hear that.... Sounds bl**dy terrible. Chin up you will get a job soon

Chees Jamesy.

I'm off for one tomorrow actually..... erm make that today.

Best get some kip, perhaps the snoring is what let me down in the last interview
Old Mar 15th 2004, 7:44 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

We are all rooting for your cousin give her our best wishes - solidarity is needed to get scum bags like the owner not just banned from keeping animals but actually put in a case himself (prison) for inhumane treatment - perhaps a private injunction !?

Hope you get better news on the job front soon - fingers crossed
Old Mar 15th 2004, 9:22 pm
Waitin for my RPL result.

phyonics is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, all the best to your cousin.....

and agree about the dog 'owner' if you can call him that......he needs putting down if you ask me.......

Hope you can get enough support together to do something about it.

Marko
Old Mar 15th 2004, 10:53 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Default Re: Lousy Weekend

Sorry to hear about your cousin Nibbs. Hope she is on the mend & not too mentally scared by all this. Often the mental scars stay longer than the physical. She's going to need a lot of TLC over coming months.

Keep your chin up matey & be strong.

Phoenixuk2oz

Old Mar 16th 2004, 1:05 am
No wuckin furries mate

brox is an unknown quantity at this point

HI

Yes weve been following the story on the news. My mother is also a wildlife carer, and would have done the same as your cousin. What on earth was he doing with all those dogs anyway! I think the best way you can help you cousin now is to contact the local papers and the news reporters and tell them what youve told us. This story needs to be kept alive, so other idiots realise that if they are going to keep large numbers of animals they need looking after properly.

I really hope your cousin feels better soon, and I imagine the mental scares are ones that will need some time to heal aswell . What she has been through must have been so awful. I wish her all the best

Mrs Brox
Old Mar 16th 2004, 1:57 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Nibbs
Had to get this off my chest.

Some of you in WA may have heard about the woman who got mauled by a pack of dogs on a neighbour's property.

Well that's my cousin and I've just spent 2 days at Royal Perth watching her go in an out of surgery. Poor kid is lucky to be alive.

She had gone to the property as the owner was supposedly in hospital and the dogs hadn't been fed or watered in 3 days. She cares for orphaned 'roos so couldn't leave other anumals to suffer.

That dammed toe rag (who incidentally got ran out of Gosnells for keeping 20 dogs in inhumane conditions) miraculously reappeared to supply water and food even though the police had already seen that none had been put out.

Slimey git is now suggesting he might sue for trespass and the loss of his dogs. It's all I can do to stop myself explaining the situation to him using a baseball bat as teaching aid! Trust me, he ain't getting away with that.

My cousing is now really upset that the dogs have been put down and keeps appologising to everyone.

To top it all got back today to get a reject letter for a job that I thought was a 90% cert.

Jeez I'm hacked off!

Sorry about that, rant over.
Yes, I read the news report and was tempted to comment here about irresponsible "pet" owners but did not. I know of no good reason why people keep these "pets" - especially if they will not make the required effort to train them.
Old Mar 16th 2004, 2:14 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Megalania
Yes, I read the news report and was tempted to comment here about irresponsible "pet" owners but did not. I know of no good reason why people keep these "pets" - especially if they will not make the required effort to train them.
Oh so true!

Nibbs, hope your cousin is on the mend soon, so sad how someone trying to do the right thing can end up so tragically hurt.
Old Mar 16th 2004, 4:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Aren't you lot a nice bunch.

I was just letting off steam really.

I'm not sure what the plan is for dealing with this guy but the MD of the neighbouring shire is my BIL and I reckon he's already on the case!

Problem is L&N are really private people and they won't handle the press well so we'll just have to see how it plays out.

On a more positive note, went for an interview today and was offered the job on the spot!! The money is pretty poor by UK standards but it'll do me no worries. It's actually a good job too.

Think I'll leave the celebrations until N is out of HDU though.

Thanks all, really appreciate the support.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.