Loud Neighbours

Old Aug 10th 2009, 2:51 am
BE Enthusiast

macy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Loud Neighbours

Well the street seemed to good to be true, after living here for 2 months our neighbours on Friday night turned up their stereo and left it on until 2am Saturday morning.

Thinking it was a one off we were not too bothered, however Saturday night they did the same and it didn't finish until 5am Sunday morning!!!

Found out from another neighbour that the house is rented so we phoned the agents this morning and the agents are now going to ring them about our complaint which we had to put in writing so they could also issue something to the tenant?

Anybody else had a similar problem? Or is a Landlord, What rights do we have regarding noise complaints and do the tenants have to comply? Any info appreciated.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 3:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Loud Neighbours

Originally Posted by macy
Well the street seemed to good to be true, after living here for 2 months our neighbours on Friday night turned up their stereo and left it on until 2am Saturday morning.

Thinking it was a one off we were not too bothered, however Saturday night they did the same and it didn't finish until 5am Sunday morning!!!

Found out from another neighbour that the house is rented so we phoned the agents this morning and the agents are now going to ring them about our complaint which we had to put in writing so they could also issue something to the tenant?

Anybody else had a similar problem? Or is a Landlord, What rights do we have regarding noise complaints and do the tenants have to comply? Any info appreciated.

I guess it will depends what state its in, but in qld the polilce deal with it, idiot over the road had stereo blasting, and I mean LOUD, sunday afternoons, old whinger woman next door rang police, they warned him, then came the next week and threatened to confiscate the stereo.

Quite a laugh as hes not a teen, some older aussie yob style right down to the mullet do. Total wanker really deserved it
Old Aug 10th 2009, 5:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, we get it just every so often - when the parents of the teenage son that lives there obviously goes on holiday for teh weekend. Friendly word at 12:30AM Sunday morning stopped it. It think he would be worried I'd tell his parents.

Suppose its only what I was doing at his age.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

neil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond repute

If you are at all sensitive to sound then Australian neighbours are likely to give you problems.

We bought a lovely new house on a legoland estate. The only problem being in QLD the is no insulation against cold or noise.

Lovely guy on one side but not really that keen on his singing while in the shower or the yapping dog.

House on other side extremely loud dog barking at the slightest thing, young owners so not at home much so constant loud barking.

House on back parties every weekend so Duff Duff music to the early hours heard clearly as we tried to sleep. These people also had a dog that was left all day so barked as it got bored.

House four doors down rented by four commodore owning lads so again duff duff music any time of day plus the benefit of "sports exhausts".

If you pick the wrong street you will also get the benefit of hoon drivers leaving impressive black lines on the road.

A rental across the road with a drunken father who liked to ride his unsilenced trail bike up and down the street.

If next doors "entertainment" area is close or not even that close then God help you if they are into out door speakers or the outside TV.

Our solution was to sell up and move to acreage so there is at least some distance between the neighbours.

The Australian dream is out there just be careful where you look for it.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

I can hearing my husband typing a reply to this thread frantically...

Mrs JTL
Old Aug 10th 2009, 10:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil248
If you are at all sensitive to sound then Australian neighbours are likely to give you problems.

We bought a lovely new house on a legoland estate. The only problem being in QLD the is no insulation against cold or noise.

Lovely guy on one side but not really that keen on his singing while in the shower or the yapping dog.

House on other side extremely loud dog barking at the slightest thing, young owners so not at home much so constant loud barking.

House on back parties every weekend so Duff Duff music to the early hours heard clearly as we tried to sleep. These people also had a dog that was left all day so barked as it got bored.

House four doors down rented by four commodore owning lads so again duff duff music any time of day plus the benefit of "sports exhausts".

If you pick the wrong street you will also get the benefit of hoon drivers leaving impressive black lines on the road.

A rental across the road with a drunken father who liked to ride his unsilenced trail bike up and down the street.

If next doors "entertainment" area is close or not even that close then God help you if they are into out door speakers or the outside TV.

Our solution was to sell up and move to acreage so there is at least some distance between the neighbours.

The Australian dream is out there just be careful where you look for it.
We live in a supposedly 'classy' area of Brisbane. We have a redneck on one side who has three huge sheds which him, his mates and his grown up sons renovate cars all day, every day. So the background noise is always grinding metal, revving engines etc.

I had a word with one of the sons once as he was revving his incredibly loud motorbike engine right outside my daughters window. His response was "where the **** do you think you live" (this was with his old dad standing behind him and nodding in agreement).

An old couple across the street had a live band playing one Saturday night. We asked them to turn it down as it was too loud (shaking windows, couldn't hear the tv). They said sorry can't help. Next Mrs JTL went over carrying our 6 month old baby to show them what they were keeping awake. Still no. I went across at 12:30am and told them to turn it down, as I walked away, they got the live band to play, "no way, **** you **** off". This was a pensioner age couple!

All the families around here buy their kids those really annoying loud farting dirt bikes that the kids ride round and round their gardens.

The old people seem to think they have to prove they are alive by grinding metal, using jack hammers, chainsaws, driving incredibly loud V6s. Every kid seems to have a drum kit.

The family over the back, a doctors family no less, do band practice in the backgarden every weekend. With amplifiers and screaming vocalist and wailing guitars. We rang them twice. Once the mother screamed at me, but eventually agreed to stop the noise. The second time she screamed at Mrs JTL and said "What? Would you prefer they were hooning around and taking drugs?". Apparently those are the only options for her boys...

For about two weeks they posted polite little notcies saying they would be having band practice that weekend, but they were looking for proper premises to practice. Then they gave up on that and now they just do it every week in their back garden.

Seriously, it would be quieter if my backgarden was in the central reserve of the gateway motorway. No neighbour complains about any other because they all think 'ahh it'll be me making a racket next week'.

Rant over.

JTL
Old Aug 10th 2009, 10:44 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad

We live in a supposedly 'classy' area of Brisbane. We have a redneck on one side who has three huge sheds which him, his mates and his grown up sons renovate cars all day, every day. So the background noise is always grinding metal, revving engines etc.

I had a word with one of the sons once as he was revving his incredibly loud motorbike engine right outside my daughters window. His response was "where the **** do you think you live" (this was with his old dad standing behind him and nodding in agreement).

An old couple across the street had a live band playing one Saturday night. We asked them to turn it down as it was too loud (shaking windows, couldn't hear the tv). They said sorry can't help. Next Mrs JTL went over carrying our 6 month old baby to show them what they were keeping awake. Still no. I went across at 12:30am and told them to turn it down, as I walked away, they got the live band to play, "no way, **** you **** off". This was a pensioner age couple!

All the families around here buy their kids those really annoying loud farting dirt bikes that the kids ride round and round their gardens.

The old people seem to think they have to prove they are alive by grinding metal, using jack hammers, chainsaws, driving incredibly loud V6s. Every kid seems to have a drum kit.

The family over the back, a doctors family no less, do band practice in the backgarden every weekend. With amplifiers and screaming vocalist and wailing guitars. We rang them twice. Once the mother screamed at me, but eventually agreed to stop the noise. The second time she screamed at Mrs JTL and said "What? Would you prefer they were hooning around and taking drugs?". Apparently those are the only options for her boys...

For about two weeks they posted polite little notcies saying they would be having band practice that weekend, but they were looking for proper premises to practice. Then they gave up on that and now they just do it every week in their back garden.

Seriously, it would be quieter if my backgarden was in the central reserve of the gateway motorway. No neighbour complains about any other because they all think 'ahh it'll be me making a racket next week'.

Rant over.

JTL
OMG
Old Aug 10th 2009, 10:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

We live in a supposedly 'classy' area of Brisbane.

JTL
You should have seen the grin on the person who told you Birkdale was classy, they were pulling your leg........
Old Aug 10th 2009, 12:11 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

We live in a supposedly 'classy' area of Brisbane.
lol.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

bu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of light

You think ur neighbours are noisy?? mine r that noisy sometimes between 11 and 12 pm i cant even hear myself drilling
Old Aug 10th 2009, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

We are currently renting an apartment and the people above us get up at 5am every week day morning to run - on a treadmill just above our bed!! Well, that's what I think it is, although they must be fit as they jump on at running speed, no walking first to warm up. The doof doof, doof doof wakes me up every morning which is really annoying, especially now our baby has started to sleep through. They are on there for a good half hour.....

Maybe it is something else, but I can't think what.....any ideas?!

Other half is blissfully ignorant as he wears earplugs every night so as to get his beauty sleep.........and not have to get up to the kids..........hhhmmmm
Old Aug 10th 2009, 12:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Kim67
You should have seen the grin on the person who told you Birkdale was classy, they were pulling your leg........
Well we moved here from leafy Ormiston where we overlooked Raby Bay. Are you trying to say it wasn't a smart move?

JTL
Old Aug 10th 2009, 12:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Well we moved here from leafy Ormiston where we overlooked Raby Bay. Are you trying to say it wasn't a smart move?

JTL
Yep....
Old Aug 10th 2009, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

Acreage is the way to go but also has its problems as people buy their children small trail bikes from the age of four or five to run around the block all day.

There are noise laws and I would check with the council to find out what they are. Where we live you are not allowed to make noise before a certain time in the morning think its 8 am in the week and nine on the weekend and no power tools after 9 pm. Barking dogs are also a council problem and there have been quite a few court cases in Melbourne where people get taken to court over noise.

So if noise continues then the bylaws department at the Council is a first stop.

However sometimes its easier to move. I have always advised that when looking for a dream house, go back in the evenings and at the weekend and see what its like then. Most people view a house when its set up to be viewed and often the neighbours are out at work. Just sitting in the street can reveal a lot about an area after hours.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 9:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil248

Ohh and wait till summer when every house has every door and window open and all that outdoor lifestyle is going on from when it gets light - 4.30 in the morning, pools, mowers, tennis courts at 5am anyone

Most of oz is the same really, neighbours in your face 24/7.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.