Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

lost touch son exwife,do ineed to find

lost touch son exwife,do ineed to find

Old Feb 28th 2004, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

peterpam is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy lost touch son exwife,do ineed to find

reading up on few things today getting really worried,my ex wife did a dissapearing act about 5 year ago leaving me with a load of debt,do i need to locate them and get medicals etc even though they have been hiding with her new husband,(avoiding banks etc)im worried it will stop us going,
Old Feb 28th 2004, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

neal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: lost touch son exwife,do ineed to find

Originally posted by peterpam
reading up on few things today getting really worried,my ex wife did a dissapearing act about 5 year ago leaving me with a load of debt,do i need to locate them and get medicals etc even though they have been hiding with her new husband,(avoiding banks etc)im worried it will stop us going,
Hi Peter-Mrs.Neal here.
If you have any children, even if you don't see them or are not taking them with you,they have to have meds done.
The theory is(from first hand experience)that something might happen to the childs current guardians and then the child would come to live with you.Even if you know this won't ever happen it makes no difference!!Ludicrous eh??
We had a lot of trauma over this recently.If you search this forum for "Dragon"related threads(name for all ex-wives)you may come up with our saga:scared: .
Briefly if dragon won't consent to meds you have to prove that you've done all you can to persuade her.Pm me if you need any support. Mrs.N
Old Feb 28th 2004, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

my brother is in a predicament also

He was married & he had a son - they split up when his son was 2 & his wife has not seen the son since he was 3 - he is now 12. He now wants to go to Oz with his new wife & daughter & of course son. She has never contributed to her son & the CSA spent years trying to catch up with her. She did not turn up for the court hearings about custody so the courts did it in her absence!

She has moved & we think we know which city she is in although nothing more than that. She occasionally rings & while drunk she threatens to come & see him & offers money for her son but my brother does not want her money he justs wants her to leave them alone.

what would be the situation here?

He knows that if he has to contact her (if he found her) it would cause all sorts of problems - the family is happy the way they are & they don't want to stir up a hornets nest.

cheers

pockygoes
Old Feb 28th 2004, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by pockygoes

He was married & he had a son - they split up when his son was 2 & his wife has not seen the son since he was 3 - he is now 12. He now wants to go to Oz with his new wife & daughter & of course son. She has never contributed to her son & the CSA spent years trying to catch up with her. She did not turn up for the court hearings about custody so the courts did it in her absence!

She has moved & we think we know which city she is in although nothing more than that. She occasionally rings & while drunk she threatens to come & see him & offers money for her son but my brother does not want her money he justs wants her to leave them alone.

He knows that if he has to contact her (if he found her) it would cause all sorts of problems - the family is happy the way they are & they don't want to stir up a hornets nest.

cheers

pockygoes
Hi Pockygoes.Unfortunately I believe your brother would actually need his ex-wifes permission to take thier child out of the country,which actually makes it an even worse situation than trying to get meds done for children who aren't going.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong??
Whether he could get some kind of evidence/solicitors info together stating her behaviour since the child was born,or even a stat dec from the CSA might help,I don't know???Am guessing a bit here as we had the same situation as Peter I'm afraid.
Loads of luck anyway.Mrs.Neal
Old Feb 29th 2004, 9:44 am
Just Joined

peterpam is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy

thanks mrs neal,this has really knocked me for six ,its taken me years to get over what the "dragon"did to me,my wife pam has been a rock and stuck by me ,we have paid off all the debt the git left and our lifes have been on hold,now just when we thought it was our turn to start properly this has come up.i havent got a clue where she is so maybe i should ask an agent,cant believe she has popped up in my life again i will chase up youre story hopefully it will give me a much needed boost
Old Feb 29th 2004, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by peterpam
thanks mrs neal,this has really knocked me for six ,its taken me years to get over what the "dragon"did to me,my wife pam has been a rock and stuck by me ,we have paid off all the debt the git left and our lifes have been on hold,now just when we thought it was our turn to start properly this has come up.i havent got a clue where she is so maybe i should ask an agent,cant believe she has popped up in my life again i will chase up youre story hopefully it will give me a much needed boost
Peter have sent you a pm.Mrs.N
Old Feb 29th 2004, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

noodle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pockygoes

cheers

pockygoes
would your brothers wife be willing to adopt his son. I know this is possible if you do not know the exact whereabouts of the mother. This would then give his wife full parental rights I think.

I changed my sons name by deed poll some years ago to that of my husbands and the solicitor at the time said that I could do this to give my husband legal rights over my son. Unfortunately for me, I know where my son's Dad is!

Surely worth looking in to though. Good luck