Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Looking at relocating to Australia as a registered mental health nurse UK

Looking at relocating to Australia as a registered mental health nurse UK

Old Mar 12th 2024, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

charlier is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Looking at relocating to Australia as a registered mental health nurse UK

I am looking for advice on moving to Australia with my two children and partner of 4 years. We will be looking at making the move the end of 2025/ beginning of 2026. We are not married, my children will be 15 and 11 when we move. I have worked in nursing since 2016 and i have working in mental health for 5 years as a nursing assistant now a qualified nurse. What would be the route we go down to move? Also is it best to apply for a permanent contract or travel nursing when applying to work in Australia?
Old Mar 12th 2024, 10:27 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking at relocating to Australia as a registered mental health nurse UK

Originally Posted by charlier
I am looking for advice on moving to Australia with my two children and partner of 4 years. We will be looking at making the move the end of 2025/ beginning of 2026. We are not married, my children will be 15 and 11 when we move. I have worked in nursing since 2016 and i have working in mental health for 5 years as a nursing assistant now a qualified nurse. What would be the route we go down to move? Also is it best to apply for a permanent contract or travel nursing when applying to work in Australia?
To work in Australia you will require a visa that allows that and to work as a nurse will require that you are registered

There is some info here on the nursing aspect - https://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.go...mployment.aspx

Not sure what visa you are aiming for - more info on visas - https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visa...g-in-australia

Not wishing to pry, but as your children are not your current partners, you will likely need approval of their other parent to make this move