Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Looking for a property to rent.

Looking for a property to rent.

Old Jun 24th 2006, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

karen135 is on a distinguished road
Default Looking for a property to rent.

Hi we are emigrating to Australia in August and we need to find somewere to rent we have sent real estate agents emails but they all reply with see us when you arrive.The problem we have is we want to sort out a place to rent for when we arrive which we don't seem to be able to do can anyone help.

We are moving to Perth area and i will be working in Victoria Park so anywhere within 1/2 hour of this would be great.We have about $250 a week to spend and we need a 3 bed property.

Karen
Old Jun 24th 2006, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

jojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Looking for a property to rent.

Originally Posted by karen135
Hi we are emigrating to Australia in August and we need to find somewere to rent we have sent real estate agents emails but they all reply with see us when you arrive.The problem we have is we want to sort out a place to rent for when we arrive which we don't seem to be able to do can anyone help.

We are moving to Perth area and i will be working in Victoria Park so anywhere within 1/2 hour of this would be great.We have about $250 a week to spend and we need a 3 bed property.

Karen
I've been looking into the same thing. I know that this is possible through some of the websites such as poms in perth and movetoperth.com but wanted some recommnedations regarding reliabilty/reputation of these companies.
Old Jun 24th 2006, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jojo90
I've been looking into the same thing. I know that this is possible through some of the websites such as poms in perth and movetoperth.com but wanted some recommnedations regarding reliabilty/reputation of these companies.
We tried move to perth.com we found them to be expensive most of the properties they have are about $500 per week so to expensive for us i sent them a reply to see if they had anything in our price range but as of yet we haven't had a reply.

Karen
Old Jun 24th 2006, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future

We tried move to perth.com we found them to be expensive most of the properties they have are about $500 per week so to expensive for us i sent them a reply to see if they had anything in our price range but as of yet we haven't had a reply.

Karen
I have been checking out a few websites but not been in a position to follow them up yet.

http://www.realestate.com.au/

this seems to be the most popular one for the area we want to move to and there are several agents advertising on the one site.

Debs
Old Jun 24th 2006, 8:30 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Karen
Hi Karen

We faced the same problem - they claimed that there was a risk that once we saw the property, it might not be what we wanted and we could therefore waste them the opportunity of renting to someone else.

They are also a bit slow over here in getting new tenants when existing tenants are about to move out. They wait for the property to be fully vacate before doing viewings.

Perhaps you might find it more helpful telephoning a particular agent who has the properties you seek. I did read on here somewhere that someone got a friend to view a property and send digital views. They completed the application by fax. - Decide on area and hopefully a really, really nice BE person may help you We would but are on the other coast.

This has be en our experience anyway.

Kiwi
Old Jun 26th 2006, 8:56 am
A happy pom in Oz!

johnnie7au has a spectacular aura aboutjohnnie7au has a spectacular aura aboutjohnnie7au has a spectacular aura about

Cheapest 3 bedroom home in my area is around $ 220 - 230 per week. That is unfurnished.

When we arrived we used a motel for a few nights and then rented unfurnished so that we could actually see a few places first.

Camping in an empty home using "bubblewrap" as bedding, cooking out of two saucepans just added to the adventure!
Old Jun 26th 2006, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by thebears
Hi Karen

We faced the same problem - they claimed that there was a risk that once we saw the property, it might not be what we wanted and we could therefore waste them the opportunity of renting to someone else.

They are also a bit slow over here in getting new tenants when existing tenants are about to move out. They wait for the property to be fully vacate before doing viewings.

Perhaps you might find it more helpful telephoning a particular agent who has the properties you seek. I did read on here somewhere that someone got a friend to view a property and send digital views. They completed the application by fax. - Decide on area and hopefully a really, really nice BE person may help you We would but are on the other coast.

This has be en our experience anyway.

Kiwi
Hi Kiwi

Thanks for your reply i have since had a couple agents say the same thing.

Thanks for your help

Karen
Old Jun 26th 2006, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by woody1cruiser
I have been checking out a few websites but not been in a position to follow them up yet.

http://www.realestate.com.au/

this seems to be the most popular one for the area we want to move to and there are several agents advertising on the one site.

Debs
Hi Debs

Thanks for this

Karen