Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Looking for a Pharmacy Job

Looking for a Pharmacy Job

Old Dec 4th 2004, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

wannabee auzzies is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Looking for a Pharmacy Job

Hi guys, this is new for me so please bear with any hiccups. We have received our visas and are currently setting dates for the move. Can anyone help with any details about where to look/phone/contact for jobs for pharmacists? Especially in the melbourne/victoria area?

Any help would be appreciated.

wannabee.

Old Dec 4th 2004, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

HeatherandTim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking for a Pharmacy Job

Originally Posted by wannabee auzzies
Hi guys, this is new for me so please bear with any hiccups. We have received our visas and are currently setting dates for the move. Can anyone help with any details about where to look/phone/contact for jobs for pharmacists? Especially in the melbourne/victoria area?

Any help would be appreciated.

wannabee.

Maybe start with the Pharmacy Guild. They may be able to give you some pointers. There is a couple of pharmacy magazines that go out to all pharmacies. Retail Pharmacy is one, cant think of the others at the moment. I can find out though. You could put an ad in there. There is also a locum agency. I am in NSW but I'm sure its the same in VIC. You could also register on careerone.com.au and you will be e-mailed any jobs that are advertised. (and seek.com.au). Hope this helps.
Old Dec 6th 2004, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

Hi Heather,

Many thanks for the reply, I'll be looking into the guild and the website for jobs pronto. Are you a pharmacist? Is their plenty of work available in your area?

Thanks again,

Caren.
Old Dec 6th 2004, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

HeatherandTim is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wannabee auzzies
Hi Heather,

Many thanks for the reply, I'll be looking into the guild and the website for jobs pronto. Are you a pharmacist? Is their plenty of work available in your area?

Thanks again,

Caren.
I dont think you'll have a problem getting work. The best way would be to go around with your CV and introduce yourself or phone around all the managers. Thats if you dont get lined up with a job first. Plenty of work in Sydney but not sure about Melbourne but I'm sure its the same. I'm not a pharmacist. I am a pharmacy retail manager. Good Luck
Old Dec 6th 2004, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Looking for a Pharmacy Job

Originally Posted by HeatherandTim
I dont think you'll have a problem getting work. The best way would be to go around with your CV and introduce yourself or phone around all the managers. Thats if you dont get lined up with a job first. Plenty of work in Sydney but not sure about Melbourne but I'm sure its the same. I'm not a pharmacist. I am a pharmacy retail manager. Good Luck

Thanks again it`s so reassuring having an opinion from someone with first hand experience and knowledge. We`re coming over in feb 05 and i will try
and arrange some instore works experience for a few days.

Caren