Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Looking out for Kitty

Looking out for Kitty

Old Dec 6th 2004, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Looking out for Kitty

Anyone with experience of cat minders or catteries and their cost (Sydney). We are taking a break in the New Year and need someone to pop in to feed the cat.
Old Dec 8th 2004, 12:55 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Looking out for Kitty

Originally Posted by Ian12
Anyone with experience of cat minders or catteries and their cost (Sydney). We are taking a break in the New Year and need someone to pop in to feed the cat.
Thought I'd reply to this as you have had no answers, and maybe someone in Sydney can answer you. I haven't got a clue about Sydney, but if it's anything like Brisbane prices for catteries/kennels , on average they are around $11 a day, cheaper for the second one $7 etc.

Cat minders - ask your local vet, usually they will have some contacts who are registered/licensed. If it's around New year - book up now, you may have difficulty in getting somewhere for around New Year period. Just Yesterday I phoned up a few for Christmas and New year ( still deciding if we are going to jump on a flight last minute for Christmas) - all the places I phoned, they were all booked up, except one that had one space- and they need an answer today.

Good luck

Last edited by Ceri; Dec 8th 2004 at 1:24 am.
Old Dec 8th 2004, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

heading_downunder is an unknown quantity at this point

I know nothing about catteries in Sydney but as a cat-lover I am bumping this thread for Ian.

Originally Posted by Ceri
Thought I'd reply to this as you have had no answers, and maybe someone in Sydney can answer you. I haven't got a clue about Sydney, but if it's anything like Brisbane prices for catteries/kennels , on average they are around $11 a day, cheaper for the second one $7 etc.

Cat minders - ask your local vet, usually they will have some contacts who are registered/licensed. If it's around New year - book up now, you may have difficulty in getting somewhere for around New Year period. Just Yesterday I phoned up a few for Christmas and New year ( still deciding if we are going to jump on a flight last minute for Christmas) - all the places I phoned, they were all booked up, except one that had one space- and they need an answer today.

Good luck
Old Dec 10th 2004, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heading_downunder
I know nothing about catteries in Sydney but as a cat-lover I am bumping this thread for Ian.

A big thank you to both of you. A kind local cat lover who is used to diabetic cats has offered to help. But it is good to know that catteries are not as expensive as I had thought. Thanks again. Ian