Reload this Page >

Looking to move.

Looking to move.

Old Jun 3rd 2009, 8:17 am
Just Joined

Richie_G is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking to move.

Hello to everyone in this forum.

(I tried posting this message a few minutes ago but couldn't find it, so if there's two with the same content, I apologise for the double post).

My name is Richard, I’m 27 years of age and am currently living in Sweden. Without making this sound too much like a curriculum vitae I am here to present myself as a young free and single; able bodied, flexible, reliable and loyal person.
I am looking to move to either Australia, Canada or New Zealand with the hope of eventually settling down. I have been something of a rolling stone until now, but the times they are a changin’! (Excuse the Dylan-esque references).

I have a Class 1 (C+E) driving license. I learned to drive in the army, and I have driven for Fowler Welch Coolchain, Tesco and Dodds, amongst others, on civvie street. I have no endorsements on my licence.
I also have a CPCS blue card for tracked excavator +/- 10 tonnes.

My ideal job would be as a driver’s mate for any outfit, as this would be great for me to re-familiarise myself with HGV work (I’ve not been in a truck for about 3 years).
Aside from trucking there is the plant aspect, but again I would be looking for some re-familiarisation time to get back into that game.

Essentially I am open to any kind of job, so long as it provides me with enough to live on, and that literally means food and a roof over my head. I plan on going to whoever will take me on with a suitcase and the clothes on my back. Everything else of value I will give away or sell. I am tired of the constraints of material values and intend to be completely flexible.

I am hoping that there is someone out there who can point me in the right direction in regards to finding work or maybe who is recruiting for a relevant business. Perhaps some contacts you can recommend or a good company you know of that may be recruiting. I would be very grateful for any advice.
Naturally I am more than happy to give further details and a CV to anyone interested.

Thanks for reading.

PS: One question I have: since I am interested in moving to more than one country, is should I post this in the Canada and New Zealand forums too?
Old Jun 4th 2009, 12:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking to move.

Hello & welcome!

Have you looked at this area of the site?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=118

You also need to investigate all the visa options for the various countries you are interested in as they will vary hugely!
For Aus try www.immi.gov.au
Old Jun 4th 2009, 8:15 am
Just Joined

Richie_G is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking to move.

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Hello & welcome!

Have you looked at this area of the site?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=118

You also need to investigate all the visa options for the various countries you are interested in as they will vary hugely!
For Aus try www.immi.gov.au
Thanks for the pointer sallyclaire, I'll re-post this thread in the trucking forum (where I should have placed it in the first place!).