Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

looking for a home....with a dog!

looking for a home....with a dog!

Old Mar 7th 2005, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

Chalkfarm will become famous soon enough
Default looking for a home....with a dog!

Hi ,we arrived last week to the great weather in Sydney,everything seemed ok untill we started to look for a house to rent.We have been told that a dog needs to sleep outside and that they are not allowed to stay inside..........
Has anyone else experienced these problems.Our dog (oscar),is used to staying inside and does not even like to go out if it rains.We dont want to lie and say we have no dog as he is the size of a shetland pony and would soon be discovered lol.
The houses we have looked at that do take outside dogs are in very bad condition,any help from anyone who has house hunted with a dog would be greatly appreciated. Thanks (still jet lagged mother of 3...)
Old Mar 7th 2005, 8:16 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: looking for a home....with a dog!

Hi

just say yes he will live outside and then let him in, we have and apparently everyone does, according to our agent its just a formallity incase the dog wreks the house.....

good luck

laura
xxx
Old Mar 7th 2005, 8:33 am
Professional Princess

Default Re: looking for a home....with a dog!

A little tip for dog owners looking for dog friendly properties.

1. Have your cash ready, don't offer to pay more but flash the cash, and say something like 'I can pay you the deposit and rent in advance now'.

2. State as mentioned by Laura that your dog is an outdoor dog and is clean and well trained.

3. Now for your trump card. Whenever I have rented a flat, my party piece is 'She is an excellent guard dog. Your property will never be safer'.

That usually impresses them.

Saying that though, in London a good guard dog is worth its weight in gold. Dont know about Australia.

Worth a try.