Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

looking for a drinking partner in camden nsw

looking for a drinking partner in camden nsw

Old Dec 1st 2012, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

bournemouthglen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default looking for a drinking partner in camden nsw

Hi there, I was wondering if there was anyone who fancy going for a beer in Camden/campbelltown area? I've been living here with my young family for about a year now but have really struggled to make any friends to go for a beer with now and again. If anybody could please help me out then get in touch as I would love to hear from u.

Cheers
Old Dec 1st 2012, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: looking for a drinking partner in camden nsw

Originally Posted by bournemouthglen
Hi there, I was wondering if there was anyone who fancy going for a beer in Camden/campbelltown area? I've been living here with my young family for about a year now but have really struggled to make any friends to go for a beer with now and again. If anybody could please help me out then get in touch as I would love to hear from u.

Cheers
It takes a while to make friends.Have you got any hobbies that you can take up or any clubs or sports you can join.Friends will come eventually I'm sure .
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 6:37 am
Just Joined

bournemouthglen is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeh your right I do need to do something like that maybe in the new year I will find something. I just work long hours during the week so can be difficult to commit to something. Thanks for getting in touch though
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 12:10 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

I live down the coast at Bulli and the best way to make friends is via your kids. Picking them up and dropping off at school you get to meet other mums and dads.
I will say though, that the UK way of a few beers with the lads on a friday night or sunday arvo is not the thing over here. I love where we live and my wife and son are really happy, but, for me I just miss the 'local' pub for a few beers to unwind and a big empty RSL just doesn't do it for me!! There is nothing like it around here, have found similar in Adelaide but not NSW.
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 3:32 am
Just Joined

Neon_Tepee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Not too far away in Liverpool, always up for a beer or two. I too have been here for about a year, and assuming your user name is not random, I think we might share a home town !!

Like others have said can't recommend joining sports / hobby type clubs to increase the circle. Done me very well, met loads of people.

And yes oh how I miss the local pub.

If you fancy that beer send me a PM and we can meet up.
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 3:36 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Neon_Tepee
Hi

Not too far away in Liverpool, always up for a beer or two. I too have been here for about a year, and assuming your user name is not random, I think we might share a home town !!

Like others have said can't recommend joining sports / hobby type clubs to increase the circle. Done me very well, met loads of people.

And yes oh how I miss the local pub.

If you fancy that beer send me a PM and we can meet up.
Hi there and welcome to the forum.

Just be aware that you won't have access to the PM system until you have made three posts.

So if you reply to this, you'll only need to make one more.
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 3:39 am
Just Joined

Thanks Sherlock.

I'm new can you tell.

Post number one and I make a mistake !!!

One more to go to reach PM status.........
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 3:46 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Neon_Tepee
Thanks Sherlock.

I'm new can you tell.

Post number one and I make a mistake !!!

One more to go to reach PM status.........
We were all new once and lots of us still make mistakes.
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 4:02 am
Just Joined

Might as well get the third one in then.

Had a look and couldn't find anything else to talk about.

Just thinking of Glen longing for a drinking partner.