Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Looking back at some of the old threads

Looking back at some of the old threads

Old Mar 16th 2004, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by plumber
Of course you could ask the question in reverse , of all the people that return to the uk , for what ever reason , there isn't many that ever post to say how great it is to be back and that they're having such a great time, compared to oz .You might get the odd post day after plane wheels hit the tar-mac but then thats it.

-who know's , it's in the lap of the Gods!
Rosy, Hidden Paw, Herman, Dugongs, Guitar Doc, sue, heading downunder, are just a few of the ones who went back to the UK and still post about happy lives in the UK. Moving back forum has lots of people who moved back and really appreciate life in the UK after being away. Many of them still post if you want to have a read.
Old Mar 16th 2004, 10:07 am
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

and the argument can be played out the other way too!!!!!

these people you mention are just a fraction of those who are out there!

if your going to add to the converation......at least contribute somethink that's not already been said!

all the bset plum
Old Mar 16th 2004, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

these people you mention are just a fraction of those who are out there!

if your going to add to the converation......at least contribute somethink that's not already been said!

all the bset plum

I thought that would annoy you, how many people just zapped over to the moving back forum and checking out the posts of happy UK dwellers

Keep watching that space, I know 3 going back in the next 2 weeks I bet they post updates too, tell ya what we might even invite you to our Welcome back to the UK BBQ, once youve seen the light of course

Goodnight for now
Old Mar 16th 2004, 11:02 am
Next stop Gold coast

Would one of them be you?
I doubt it !
Slagged oz for 2 yrs now..... and still havern't got the guts to leave "have we?.

Please read through this Ladies previous threads before taking too much notice.......especially newbies!

all the best plum

:lecture:

Last edited by plumber; Mar 16th 2004 at 11:05 am.
Old Mar 16th 2004, 11:09 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt it !
Slagged oz for 2 yrs now..... and still havern't got the guts to leave "have we?.

Please read through this Ladies previous threads before taking too much notice.......especially newbies!

I'd also recommend reading through Dotty's threads, but for the opposite reason to you!
People learn/can learn a lot from Dotty's comments, so they at least don't go with rose tinted specs. And also Dotty has given a lot of useful info on the Brisbane area.

And if YOU had read her posts, you would know she's moving back very soon!

Old Mar 16th 2004, 11:15 am
Next stop Gold coast

Sorry about that people , i must apologize !

when taking a stroll , can,t help but rattle that cage!

all the best plum
Old Mar 16th 2004, 11:19 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt it !

:
True Dotty has slagged off Oz, but I think you'll find a lot of truth in what she says. I would take a lot of notice of what people who are actually living here have to say but remember that any opinions stated are personal ones. Its up to the individual to decide what they like, what they don't like, what they can live with , what they cant etc.

Personally were havin a ball but it ain't a bed of roses here (We came with eyes wide open though) and yes there are things we don't like.
Old Mar 16th 2004, 11:21 am
Next stop Gold coast

You don't need dottys post's , to realize taking rose tinted glasses is foolish and if you'd been around here a bit longer would know she's been threatening to leave oz for the last 2yrs!

all the best plum
Old Mar 16th 2004, 11:24 am
Next stop Gold coast

Some people have made far more contribution .....with a lot less posts!

all the best plum

ps spat over i think!

Last edited by plumber; Mar 16th 2004 at 11:28 am.
Old Mar 16th 2004, 11:30 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need dottys post's , to realize taking rose tinted glasses is foolish
But how do you know you've got rose tinted glasses untill you are there?
If you don't read about stuff (like the heat for example), you don't even realise it could be a problem.
There's a lot of people on here that admit to being more 'realistic' since reading the posts of people in Oz (including me).

Of course we have to remember that we're dealing with personal circumstances/opinions, but, there are also things that are acknowledged by a lot of expats, like the crap banks, which, if you didn't read about it on here, you wouldn't probably know about!

Last edited by Simone; Mar 16th 2004 at 11:34 am.
Old Mar 16th 2004, 11:38 am
Next stop Gold coast

There's more than one person on this site giving out helpful and informative information !

all the best plum

now i think spat's over!

Old Mar 16th 2004, 11:44 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

There's more than one person on this site giving out helpful and informative information !

all the best plum

now i think spat's over!

Yes, luckily for us there is! The more the better!!
Old Mar 16th 2004, 11:45 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Dotty gives some very good advice and a lot of it is very informative. You should come over informed of the negative cos there the things that are going to knock you for 6 when you are 12000 miles away from your previous life.
Old Mar 16th 2004, 11:49 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Maybe all the people who go back to the UK after being in OZ only post for a short time because they have no need to visit this site anymore?

Most people on here are either making the journey to Australia by emmigrating or are already here (staying or preparing to return). After a person moves 'back' the the UK and has shared their thoughts about the initial return I wouldn't expect them to be on here as much as I am! Maybe pop in now and again to let us know how they are going but not be on all the time.

There are far more people who come to Oz that still visit this site more regularly than the ones who return to the UK who are maybe now enjoying their lives after 'seeing the light'
Old Mar 16th 2004, 11:50 am
Next stop Gold coast

Hup , guess you didn't read my last post!

all the best plum

Last edited by plumber; Mar 16th 2004 at 11:54 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.