Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Looking for accomadation in Melborne

Looking for accomadation in Melborne

Old Dec 26th 2012, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

oz1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for accomadation in Melborne

Hi Iam hoping to move melbourne in Feb 2013 and looking for accommodation, single room or small flat for one person As a new migrant I cannot afford to pay a high rental therefore Iam willing to share an apartment with another person two as well for a reasonable rate. Any one aware of a reasonable place available from Mid February?

Also I would like to know what is generally the weekly/monthly rental for a single room and an average rent of a small apartment(single room, and small kitchen)?

Thanks a lot
Old Dec 26th 2012, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for accomadation in Melborne

Originally Posted by oz1234
Hi Iam hoping to move melbourne in Feb 2013 and looking for accommodation, single room or small flat for one person As a new migrant I cannot afford to pay a high rental therefore Iam willing to share an apartment with another person two as well for a reasonable rate. Any one aware of a reasonable place available from Mid February?

Also I would like to know what is generally the weekly/monthly rental for a single room and an average rent of a small apartment(single room, and small kitchen)?

Thanks a lot
Hi have a look at www.realestate.com.au

Do you know where you will be studying or working?

You will quickly get to know the post codes and therefore locations.

Old Dec 26th 2012, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RedDragon2008
Hi have a look at www.realestate.com.au

Do you know where you will be studying or working?

You will quickly get to know the post codes and therefore locations.

Thanks for the link

I hope to come to melborne and stay at Clayton with a friend where Id be able to stay only for two weeks. After that I need to find a place , preferebly apartment/house close to that area to share. I guess the location could chnge depending on the job I find,but untill that need to sort my accomadation.

will I be able to find a decent apartment share for about Aus $ 600, inclusive of all bills per month?
Old Dec 27th 2012, 4:33 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Also try http://www.gumtree.com.au/

A young colleague of mine who has recently arrived in melbourne has found a 1 bedroom apt for 250 per week, which i think is reasonable , thats in Heidelberg (north of the city).

For example this was the first thing i saw in gumtree when i checked

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/st-ki...lda/1005644065

Last edited by Margaret3; Dec 27th 2012 at 4:36 am.
Old Dec 27th 2012, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Margaret3
Also try http://www.gumtree.com.au/

A young colleague of mine who has recently arrived in melbourne has found a 1 bedroom apt for 250 per week, which i think is reasonable , thats in Heidelberg (north of the city).

For example this was the first thing i saw in gumtree when i checked

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/st-ki...lda/1005644065
Thank you so much