Reload this Page >

Location,Location,Location

Location,Location,Location

Old Apr 5th 2008, 11:55 am
Just Joined

Novocastria is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Location,Location,Location

Hello

I'm new here.....sad but true.....lol.. and I was wondering where would be a good place to live in Oz, I know it's all personal but what do you guys reckon are the good and bad points about the main cities!?

We were thinking about Pert but have seen some comments against it, ie: too far fromthe rest of the country ie: too isolated , Too expensive for housing etc etc..

HELP!!!

:-S

thanks
Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Location,Location,Location

You will get loads of replies and each will like their own place. It really is down to personal taste and the only way is to see for yourself.

Depends on if you like mountains or beaches, cities or villages...etc

Good luck, I am sure you will get some interesting replies.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by hantsfamily1
You will get loads of replies and each will like their own place. It really is down to personal taste and the only way is to see for yourself.

Depends on if you like mountains or beaches, cities or villages...etc

Good luck, I am sure you will get some interesting replies.
hehehe No doubt!

Am just curious.... need to hear from people who have moved there to know really too... and I guess we can't afford to try out every place first so to know the good and bad points will be interesting!

Thanks for replying, its my first post... :-S lol
Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

I live on the Gold Coast, one reason for me is the climate, warmer and more constant than Victoria for instance. If you like the 4 seasons head south, but check out property prices and where you are most likely to settle.

We are close enough to Brisbane to commute for the work and have the beaches at the weekends to play on. Mountains are 45 minutes drive away and Byron is down the road, love it here.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

I live on the Gold Coast, one reason for me is the climate, warmer and more constant than Victoria for instance. If you like the 4 seasons head south, but check out property prices and where you are most likely to settle.

We are close enough to Brisbane to commute for the work and have the beaches at the weekends to play on. Mountains are 45 minutes drive away and Byron is down the road, love it here.
Thats sounds wonderful to me! :-) Might miss the seasons! :-S But hey sunshine is good!
Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Novocastria
Thats sounds wonderful to me! :-) Might miss the seasons! :-S But hey sunshine is good!
Its 28 here on the coast and 18 in Melbourne, I know where I would rather be.....
Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

Its 28 here on the coast and 18 in Melbourne, I know where I would rather be.....
How long have you lived there?
Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

I moved over August 2007. Lived in a furnished rental for 2 months while my gear was being shipped and gave me time to look around and find a place before I committed. Started of in the Bayside suburbs of Brisbane and ended up on the coast. We love it out here and have had quite a few trips around as well.

Last edited by hantsfamily1; Apr 5th 2008 at 12:52 pm.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

I moved over August 2007. Lived in a furnished rental for 2 months while my gear was being shipped and gave me time to look around and find a place before I committed. Strated of in the Bayside suburbs of Brisbane and ended up on th coast. We love it out here and have had quite a few trips around as well.
I just dont know where to start.... but I thought Location might be a good idea! lol Then research everything pertaining to that region....

We would also have to come in ona skilled visa ( hubbie) but I used to be a nurse,a long time ago and have always wondered if it might help...
Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

I just dont know where to start.... but I thought Location might be a good idea! lol Then research everything pertaining to that region....

We would also have to come in ona skilled visa ( hubbie) but I used to be a nurse,a long time ago and have always wondered if it might help...
We came over on my skills visa and my wife is a teacher and 12 years younger than me. Her qualifications didnt come into it only mine.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

We came over on my skills visa and my wife is a teacher and 12 years younger than me. Her qualifications didnt come into it only mine.
Really? I guess it's all down tothe skills they need... my hubbie is a Network engineer,AND 8 years younger than me! I wonder what happens when one partner is older than the other in that situation....
Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:33 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

I'm new here.....sad but true.....lol.. and I was wondering where would be a good place to live in Oz, I know it's all personal but what do you guys reckon are the good and bad points about the main cities!?

We were thinking about Pert but have seen some comments against it, ie: too far fromthe rest of the country ie: too isolated , Too expensive for housing etc etc..

HELP!!!

:-S

thanks
Perth is OK. Whereabouts in Cambs are you?
Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by northernbird
Perth is OK. Whereabouts in Cambs are you?
In March... do you know it?
Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:36 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

In March... do you know it?
Yep, am from Sawtry before I moved to Perth.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by northernbird
Yep, am from Sawtry before I moved to Perth.
oh cool.....so how long have you been there, and what made you pick Perth?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.