Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

LOCATION,LOCATION?

LOCATION,LOCATION?

Old Jun 5th 2007, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

telvis is on a distinguished road
Default LOCATION,LOCATION?

Hi, My family and i are planning to visit W.A in october to check it out before we start the process of getting our visa's, we plan on flying to perth but that is far as we have got,I travelled around most of oz but never got over to the westside so have no idea whats the areas are like? Can anyone recommend a area that would suit a young couple with a 2 year old son, ideally we would like to live close to a (safe) beach, good schools and not miles from shops etc.. As for house prices we would be looking at around the $350,000 mark. Is this realistic, or are we dreaming!!!!
Old Jun 5th 2007, 9:28 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LOCATION,LOCATION?

It's probably a bit early for the western lot. They probably need more info though. Do you need to commute to Perth CBD for work, what's the furthest distance you want to be from the beach etc etc.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice

Take a look at the Mornington Peninsula in Melbourne, VIC. It's great as you get a change of seasons and the winters are mild in the coastal areas. At least you get a break from slapping the sun screen on the children.

We live on the Mornington Peninsula in Mt.Eliza which can be pricey depending on what you are looking for. We are moving to South Frankston as we have a 4 year old and the schools are good and property cheaper. S.Frankston, Mornington and Mt.Martha are all near the sea, have good facilities for families yet have some space and trees and are in your price range.

The city is approx 1-1.5hrs away and the nearest train line ends at Frankston.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all

Hi
There are lots of nice areas that would suit you, north and south of the river but the average price in WA seems to start at min $400-450,000. This is for a 3 and 4 x 2 house.
Have a look at realestate.com.au and open2view.com.au.
South: Mandurah, Halls Head, Rockingham, Secret Harbour, Baldivis, Warnbro, etc.
North: Joondalup, Butler, Kinross, Heathridge, Wanneroo, Mindarie, Currambine, etc.

I have just put a few names of places so you can research them and have a look at house prices, you can highlight the surrounding areas box on the real estate searches so it gives you more choice.
Hope this helps.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

telvis is on a distinguished road

Thanks watty 'n' Arls for info, i'll do some research on them areas!!!
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice

Sorry, ignore me. Got a bad head cold at the mo and totally misread your post. Thought you were looking for areas other than Perth. Derrrrr!