loan

Old Dec 3rd 2006, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

bknight is an unknown quantity at this point
Default loan

This is a weird question but i have to ask it. Say if u had a loan in an english bank and you migrated and put the money in a australian bank wud the english bank ever be able to trace you down and get they money back??????
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: loan

Don't do it!!
Depending on the amount I suppose the bank would make a decision as to whether to pursue it or not. Unless you have a choice of false passports & visas etc I expect they would be able to find you.
Even if they did not chase you all the way to Australia, you would never be able to come back without facing the debt plus all the interest & charges they would doubtless add after you disappeared.
And you would live every day with the fear that they might knock on your door one day.

Not worth it!
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 5:24 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by esperanza
Don't do it!!
Depending on the amount I suppose the bank would make a decision as to whether to pursue it or not. Unless you have a choice of false passports & visas etc I expect they would be able to find you.
Even if they did not chase you all the way to Australia, you would never be able to come back without facing the debt plus all the interest & charges they would doubtless add after you disappeared.
And you would live every day with the fear that they might knock on your door one day.

Not worth it!

He plans to live in the out-out-out back as he does not like other people. Can't see a big burly Mitchell brother in his leather bomber jacket arriving to collect from the OPs tin shack with only a bucket to pisx in....but there again!
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 5:52 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Ya see I'm a touch surprised that this thread has not been swarmed upon by the righteous ones swiftly followed by the dodgy brigade!

Do a search mate, type in credit or something like that, it will take you to a whole world of trouble.
The basic consensus is dont do it.
All previous posts have focused on credit cards, a bank is a totally different deal, many banks have either OZ partners/relationships or are global anyway so they are already in OZ, for example HSBC.

Enjoy the answers that may come and try not to take many of them to heart.
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 6:06 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Ya see I'm a touch surprised that this thread has not been swarmed upon by the righteous ones swiftly followed by the dodgy brigade!

Do a search mate, type in credit or something like that, it will take you to a whole world of trouble.
All previous posts have focused on credit cards, a bank is a totally different deal, many banks have either OZ partners/relationships or are global anyway so they are already in OZ, for example HSBC.

Hey! I am one of those righteous ones! Don't borrow what you can't/don't want to pay back!

...that should start the ball rolling!
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 6:07 pm
A rather curious boy

Bankwest are connected to HBOS I think!
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 6:13 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
Hey! I am one of those righteous ones! Don't borrow what you can't/don't want to pay back!

...that should start the ball rolling!

Wasn't making a statement, i have never had a bank loan, and never had a credit card, an achievement with a small business, its just that this kind of thread is always a good excuse for people to come out of the wood work and preach, regardless of their sway.

Most of the banks are linked and as someone who has a very good, old friend in banking security you would be utterly horrified as to what information they know and can find out about you, legal or not!

I have heard tales of flyer's and circulars sent out to addresses where they know people live offering prizes, when people reply they are caught.
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

bknight is an unknown quantity at this point

s**t
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 6:16 pm
A rather curious boy

Wasn't making a statement, i have never had a bank loan, and never had a credit card, an achievement with a small business, its just that this kind of thread is always a good excuse for people to come out of the wood work and preach, regardless of their sway.

Most of the banks are linked and as someone who has a very good, old friend in banking security you would be utterly horrified as to what information they know and can find out about you, legal or not!

I have heard tales of flyer's and circulars sent out to addresses where they know people live offering prizes, when people reply they are caught.
Understood. My point is avoid the buggers and try your hardest not to get in debt but don't think that you can run away from these folk as they are so linked together in the modern world. Unless it's a really big debt I am not sure that it's worth the angst waiting for the wrap at the door!
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 6:18 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by bknight
s**t

Not what you wanted to hear!

Try another country, maybe one that doesn't have a trade agreement with the UK.

Like Iran, or Syria.
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 6:18 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: loan

This is a weird question but i have to ask it.
It's been asked many times before.

Say if u had a loan in an english bank and you migrated and put the money in a australian bank wud the english bank ever be able to trace you down and get they money back??????
Yes.

And the reverse is also true.
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

This is a weird question but i have to ask it. Say if u had a loan in an english bank and you migrated and put the money in a australian bank wud the english bank ever be able to trace you down and get they money back??????

I'd look at legal problems if caught doing this! Why not just rob a bank and bunk off to South America, at least there you'd not get extradited back to UK. Think very seriously if you're remotely serious about this :scared:
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 7:19 pm
A rather curious boy

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
I'd look at legal problems if caught doing this! Why not just rob a bank and bunk off to South America, at least there you'd not get extradited back to UK. Think very seriously if you're remotely serious about this :scared:

Why Mr Biggs...is that you?
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
Why Mr Biggs...is that you?

Not quite, can't even get a loan nevermind bugger off with one :scared:
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

If you did it you would have 7 years until the "debt" get wiped off.
You would have to be handed a CO in person, the chances of this happening is quite slim (depending on the amount).

If it was me I would pay it off, I'd hate to be looking over my shoulder for that period of time.

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.