Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Lizards in the wardrobe

Lizards in the wardrobe

Old Jan 17th 2004, 1:28 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Lizards in the wardrobe

Originally posted by Simone82
I wasn't panicking?
I know, the Pilbara, I lived there when I was a child

I was actually trying to reasure Steve, but I guess I didn't get my point across very clearly

Does sound like grubelice and you are both talking about gekko's. I think it's just bad luck that he's got them in a wardrobe actually, and maybe nothing to do with him living in the Pilbara, not sure though. But you would probably have a bigger change of coming across such things in the 'outback' !!
And I agree, they're usually nothing to worry about!

Sorry, I'm afraid I might be confusing again ??

All this confusion over me? Sorry. In the location it says 'WA'. I must have not been concentrating and read it as 'SA'. Thanks for pointing it out though!
Old Jan 17th 2004, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

Ianha77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by grubelice
I have a large family of lizards living mostly in my bedroom. Yeah they are good at keeping the insect life down and for that reason I rather welcome them. By the way I have the largest cockroaches I have ever seen out the back. However one slight prob is that they leave a lot of cr*p behind (especially the daddy). Not too bad to get rid of it from the floor but they seem to like dropping their guts in my wardrobe and not to put too fine a point on it - it stinks. My neighbour says there is something that you can use to deter them from certain areas - anyone know what I should do before they ruin all my designer clobber.

Cheers E
Not to sure bout the vicks thing. haven't heard that one before. Unless they have a bad chesty cold!
We had the same prob when we moved into our place in Brissy. The place is still overun with gecco's but was advised to spray round our wardrobes with a good incescticide. the kind you pick up at woolies etc etc. Had no pissy smells since! It worked for us so give it a go!
Old Jan 17th 2004, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

snowhite is an unknown quantity at this point

Get a cat !!!!!!!!!!!!! our cat was always catching them in the garden.
I think they are rather cute was always trying to catch them in the school playground at lunch.
I would rather have the lizards than the cockroaches .
Im more worried about our girls finding redbacks in the garden especially as our eldest is a bug expert (the next Steve Irwin ???).
Old Jan 17th 2004, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

when i lived abroad we had a small lizard which lived in the crack in the floor of the toilet going to the toilet in the middle of the night it used to run over your feet:scared: :scared: but you got used to it and they certainly kept the bugs at bay

arlene
Old Jan 18th 2004, 5:53 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Simone82
I wasn't panicking?
I know, the Pilbara, I lived there when I was a child

I was actually trying to reasure Steve, but I guess I didn't get my point across very clearly

Does sound like grubelice and you are both talking about gekko's. I think it's just bad luck that he's got them in a wardrobe actually, and maybe nothing to do with him living in the Pilbara, not sure though. But you would probably have a bigger change of coming across such things in the 'outback' !!
And I agree, they're usually nothing to worry about!

Sorry, I'm afraid I might be confusing again ??

Sorry Simone, it was my fault - I should have replied to the same post you were replying to and not your post. I was actually agreeing with you! You weren't being confusing and I understood exactly what you meant, I just pressed the reply button on the wrong post.
Old Jan 18th 2004, 6:37 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

There are loads of skinks running around Bondi.

http://www.livingharbour.net/reptile...s_skinks02.htm