Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Living in South of Adelaide (Bedford, Seacombe, Happy Valey)

Living in South of Adelaide (Bedford, Seacombe, Happy Valey)

Old Jul 30th 2002, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

willywh3r3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living in South of Adelaide (Bedford, Seacombe, Happy Valey)

Hello,

Any idea on living in South of Adelaide (Bedford, Seacombe, Happy Valey).

Crime rate?
Noise from traffic (from Main South Road)?
Amenities (School, supermarket, doctors)?
Accessibilities to Adelaide downtown?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Wil
Old Jul 30th 2002, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

sharonfryer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Living in South of Adelaide (Bedford, Seacombe, Happy Valey)

will

Have friends living in Happy Valley moved there from woodcroft just down abit fromt here I believe. They say they have bought their dream home there and that it is a great place to head for as it is a 'good' area to live.

They did say that they thought the south side of adelaide was the place to head for

Just their opion though we are going to look at all areas when we go in the next 6 months and then decide for ourselves.

sharon
Old Jul 31st 2002, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

adelaidegirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I've been logging on for a few weeks now, thought it was about time to join in. I moved from the UK 12 years ago and now live in Happy Valley, South Australia. My interest in this forum is that my brother-in-law and his family are in the process of applying to migrate. To try and answer your questions, Bedford Park and Seacombe Gardens are both 'on the flat' that is, between the foothills and the coast, and are older suburbs. They are both near Westfield Marion, a massive indoor shopping centre (a bit like Lakeside complex outside London). The Flinders public and private hospitals are also in the area (first class facilities) but there are lots of other hospitals in the area, and plenty of GP's too. I found Australia to be far ahead of the UK n this respect. If you bought a house right near the South Road I would imagine it would be quite noisy, it is a major road (six to eight lanes across in places). Happy Valley is in the foothills, about ten minutes drive or so from Bedford Park. My mother in law complained when she came to visit us there that she couldn't sleep at night because it was 'too quiet'. Its semi rural and has a range of housing from older (25 years old) to brand new. Prices range from $160,000 to $300+ depends on what you want really. The crime rate is very low. Adelaide city is 25 minutes away by car, 40 minutes in peak traffic. Hope this helps.
Old Jul 31st 2002, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

Mike Peters is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Just Moved to Chandlers Hill 2 Min From Happy Valley ,
We Arived From Blackheath South London and Main South Road is like a country Road Comp to anything in london, Crime its that small a prob thay list the brakeins in the paper WOW BIG NEWS
Ha Ha the only doggey part that i have found,if you can call it doggey is maybe Christies Beach . been here 2 months and wouldent waste the air fair to go back to the UK .

Rgds Mike
Old Jul 31st 2002, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Mike Peters is an unknown quantity at this point

Best Place In The World :PARTY: :PARTY::PARTY: