Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Living in Perth 2008/09 book

Living in Perth 2008/09 book

Old Jun 13th 2008, 7:20 am
Account Closed

innojuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living in Perth 2008/09 book

I can't remember if it was on this forum or another one that I found the link to this book.

Ordered it last week from the Australian Bookshop on line and it arrived yesterday, just wanted to say for anybody considering Perth it's definitely worth a read.

It covers the majority of topics that people seem to ask questions about on this and other forums, inc. where to live, buying a house or land, banking, schools, medicare, tax, job searching, buying a business, shopping, cost of living.

And the big thing I liked about it is the fact that it's honest, it doesn't make it out to be one big bed of roses.

So anyway for anybody thinking of moving to Perth I can recommend this book.
Old Jun 15th 2008, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Sonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really nice
Default Re: Living in Perth 2008/09 book

Thanks for the recommendation, i will be looking to buy that book and getting some background reading done...
Old Jun 16th 2008, 12:34 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

You will get all the info you need on thsi website.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 1:47 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Amazulu
You will get all the info you need on thsi website.
You very probably would if you could be bothered to spend several weeks sifiting through it all and then spend a further several weeks trying to seperate fact from fiction and subjective personal opinion, but then that's just mine (personal opinion that is).

Far easier to have all the factual information in one easy to read concise location.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 3:36 pm
MickyBhoy

mickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to all
Smile Re: Living in Perth 2008/09 book

Originally Posted by innojuk
I can't remember if it was on this forum or another one that I found the link to this book.

Ordered it last week from the Australian Bookshop on line and it arrived yesterday, just wanted to say for anybody considering Perth it's definitely worth a read.

It covers the majority of topics that people seem to ask questions about on this and other forums, inc. where to live, buying a house or land, banking, schools, medicare, tax, job searching, buying a business, shopping, cost of living.

And the big thing I liked about it is the fact that it's honest, it doesn't make it out to be one big bed of roses.

So anyway for anybody thinking of moving to Perth I can recommend this book.
Sorry can you tell me the name of the book me and my family are also moving to Perth and i would like to buy it if its going to be of any help
Old Jun 16th 2008, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

I would also be interested in the name of this book as heading to Perth soon.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 6:10 pm
Account Closed

It's called:

Living in Perth Australia 2008/09

It's only available online from the Australian Online bookshop, I tried a couple of bookshops here but no one stocks it as their is no importer for the book here. Seems a bit strange as I assume it's aimed at the overseas market.

You have to pay for air mail postage which is more than the cost of the book

Amazulu is right in that you can find out pretty much everything that's in it on this and other forums but I just prefer to have it all condensed. It also helps with sorting out what's fact and what's fiction or subjective opinion.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

ah shame about postage costs, sounds an interesting book. I did see something in WH Smith a while ago about emigrating to OZ that looked like it might be good. Didn't get around to buying it though.