Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Living in the Ozzy bush (outback)

Living in the Ozzy bush (outback)

Old Oct 29th 2007, 7:23 am
Just Joined

uklass29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Living in the Ozzy bush (outback)

I've lived in Australia for nearly 2 years. I've seen a few majors cities, none of which I thought were of any interest. I figured appreciate the real australian way of life I would go to the bush and live there, with my partner.

I have not looked back ever since, although I miss certain things from England, Tescos and Sainsburys, sad I know, and certain TV shows, things are getting easier.

I miss my family and friends dearly and will not go back home until I feel fully settled here because I know that it is a lifestyle that I would like to live for the rest of my life but I know that it will be an emotional strain to travel back again.

The way of life is great, I love it, massive open spaces with no one around, I've got my partner and that is all i need, the beauty of the place gives me everything else I need, seeing the wildlife, roos, birds etc... nature at its best.

To get to town it takes about 3 hours, around 160 miles, unreal, same as giong from cornwall to london...

Anyone else living in the bush, would be good to hear about your expereineces!!! or hear from anyone who is considering living in the bush

Last edited by uklass29; Oct 29th 2007 at 7:27 am. Reason: to add more on
Old Oct 29th 2007, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

smee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to all
Default Re: Living in the Ozzy bush (outback)

Originally Posted by uklass29
I've lived in Australia for nearly 2 years. I've seen a few majors cities, none of which I thought were of any interest. I figured appreciate the real australian way of life I would go to the bush and live there, with my partner.

I have not looked back ever since, although I miss certain things from England, Tescos and Sainsburys, sad I know, and certain TV shows, things are getting easier.

I miss my family and friends dearly and will not go back home until I feel fully settled here because I know that it is a lifestyle that I would like to live for the rest of my life but I know that it will be an emotional strain to travel back again.

The way of life is great, I love it, massive open spaces with no one around, I've got my partner and that is all i need, the beauty of the place gives me everything else I need, seeing the wildlife, roos, birds etc... nature at its best.

To get to town it takes about 3 hours, around 160 miles, unreal, same as giong from cornwall to london...

Anyone else living in the bush, would be good to hear about your expereineces!!! or hear from anyone who is considering living in the bush
Where abouts is your piece of paradise???
Old Oct 29th 2007, 8:20 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smee
Where abouts is your piece of paradise???
Utopia with Broadband
Old Oct 29th 2007, 8:28 am
Just Joined

yea broadband and uktv
Old Oct 29th 2007, 8:31 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uklass29
yea broadband and uktv
lol good onya !
Old Oct 29th 2007, 8:32 am
Just Joined

yea broadband and uktv all the things that i couldnt live without, i mean eastender come on
Old Oct 29th 2007, 8:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

My BiL is station manager of a place called Lapunyah, which is well west of Goodiwindi. (its a station the size of the city of Bendigo) I've been to see him a few times. I've sent some visiting backpacking freinds up to work with him, They managed to save heaps whilst there because there is bugger all to spend the money on.

I got my first and only case of Agrophobia up there, whilst walking alone in a huge concave paddock at dusk, and only being able to see dirt and horizon.

Takes a special person to be able to live in the Bush for ever, hopefully that lifestyle will suit you, Best of luck
Old Oct 29th 2007, 9:38 am
Just Joined

Yes, my partner says the same, about only special people can stay in the bush, he is a true bushy through and through. Believe me it is beautiful but also very very hard, especially being a woman I love to chat and well it sounds sad but I have no friends L

The biggest reason why I stay in the bush is because I love my partner very much and I cannot imagine life without him and well he would not live any where else, and although it’s a sacrifice that I’ve made for him, it’s a pleasant sacrifice (if that’s possible)!!

I’ve considered leaving many a time, but I put that down to mainly missing family in UK, but I also find the heat hard to deal with, 38 degrees is a kinda killer when your used to the English weather and I’m hoping that I will become accustomed to that in time.

I think that if I do leave I would regret it, going back to dull miserable England, leaving my man behind and well it’s a relatively easy lifestyle and a beautiful country.