Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Living in Ellenbrook, Perth

Living in Ellenbrook, Perth

Old Sep 16th 2008, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

steph82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living in Ellenbrook, Perth

After searching through the most northern suburbs of Perth, it looks like we have settled on Ellenbrook.

Just wondering if anyone has had any experiences in Ellenbrook? Or know of the local schools etc.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

sue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nice
Default Re: Living in Ellenbrook, Perth

I have lived in Aveley next to Ellenbrook for a year never thought I would as I always thought to far out but all the family love it.
As for school my son went to Ellenbrook primary for a year which was great before moving on to the collage.
If you can offored it I would send them private not to expensive for little ones look at SWanleigh in Aveley or Ellenbrook Christain collage which caters for little ones also.
Lots of homes to chose from to buy plus house prices dropping.Plus plenty of rentals.
Good luck Sue.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 12:04 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

I've lived in Ellenbrook for 3 years now and love it here. Like Sue, we didn't plan on settling here, we always assumed we'd live by the coast. However, it takes approx 25 minutes to get to Ocean Reef where we launch our boat - so it's not too bad.
My children went to Ellenbrook primary when we first arrived, the school is ok but we wanted more discipline. They now go to Ellenbrook Christian College and it's great! It was a bit of a shock to them to be hearing about God all the time as although we are RC we don't practice!
It takes about 30 to get into the CBD (but not in rush hour) and 20 minutes to Joondalup or 15 minutes to Midland for big shopping centres.
I love the views to the hills and just to the back of our estate we have large country blocks which we cycle around.
If you want to know more send me a pm.
Tracey
Old Nov 13th 2008, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to all

We moved in to Ellenbrook at the begining of October this year. We managed to get the first rental we saw which was great because I hear that rentals are getting harder to secure at the moment with the demand being so high.

My two kids love it (11 & 4), its a really well designed place with cycle paths everywhere,all the shops you need on a day to day heaps of basis, HEAPS of parks and not too far from the ocean or the city.

My friend who also lives in Perth thought I was moving to 'woop woop' land and felt it was too far out, but its proved a really good choice.
Now with the kids at school/kindy and the OH work I just really need to start meeting folk and finding out whats mum do here during the day, other than the mundane house work, shopping etc.

Good luck with your move I'm sure Ellenbrook would be a good choice

Shona x