a bit more expensive
19.57%
much more expensive
54.35%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Living Costs Oz vs UK

Old Oct 11th 2012, 9:33 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living Costs Oz vs UK

Originally Posted by denzil73
As I was only in the UK 6mnths ago I know that in general UK shopping is far cheaper than Oz. Veggies, milk, bread, Butter, bakery items, knickers, bras, boxer shorts, light bulbs, most other essential items, Junk food, Frozen foods etc etc etc.

I'm not sure what items you choose but all I can say in my personal experience was UK and Europe, bar Switzerland, was much cheaper than Oz across almost the entire board. Oh and hotels were far cheaper in the UK with many early bookings savings for just booking 2 wks in advance let alone a month.

But hey, that's just what I found
Well I am actually here now, spending £'s and I totally agree. The only way it could be twisted to be more expensive here is if some bizarre exchange rate was used.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 9:41 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zen10
I demonstrated it recently on here that it a bundle of 30 items from the supermarket cost the average British wage earner twice as much as it cost his Australian counterpart. I knew Britain was fundamentally more expensive but I was surprised by what degree.
The problem is you also quoted some blokes blog where he says a Brit needs to work a whole 35 minutes longer to buy the same amount of stuff and you are saying that it actually costs twice as much in the UK.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zen10
I demonstrated it recently on here that it a bundle of 30 items from the supermarket cost the average British wage earner twice as much as it cost his Australian counterpart. I knew Britain was fundamentally more expensive but I was surprised by what degree.
It doesn't really matter as despite what anyone posts the Ozzy knockers are not interested in debating the OP's question.
Originally Posted by Phil K
Hi All,

Still trying to find out what the gap is between the cost of living in the Oz & the UK.

Do you find it "more expensive" "cheaper" or "over all the same"

Thank You
The poll is flawed because not enough people took part to make the results viable.

Other variable's exist, perhaps if the OP had asked " Bearing in mind the difference in salary between the two countries , will the buying power of a Aus salary give me a lifestyle that is the same as the one I currently enjoy in the UK or will it be cheaper to achieve or more expensive"
Old Oct 11th 2012, 2:38 pm
Banned

Old Oct 11th 2012, 2:39 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheArmChairDetective
It doesn't really matter as despite what anyone posts the Ozzy knockers are not interested in debating the OP's question.
I dunno, 528 posts in one thread is a pretty good debate
Old Oct 11th 2012, 2:41 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Not if all 528 posts dont agree with your view
Old Oct 11th 2012, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed, if all the posts were debating the subject
Old Oct 11th 2012, 4:22 pm
Banned

Indeed some are just ignoring the results of the poll, fingers in ears, Im not listening
Old Oct 11th 2012, 5:02 pm
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

Originally Posted by chris955
Indeed some are just ignoring the results of the poll, fingers in ears, Im not listening

25 people out of a membership of 170,000 on BE think its far dearer in Australia, sounds overwhelming to me, Not.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 5:04 pm
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

Originally Posted by TheArmChairDetective
Indeed, if all the posts were debating the subject

We don't want too much Mass Debating on here mate, it can get really messy.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 5:40 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pit Bull.
25 people out of a membership of 170,000 on BE think its far dearer in Australia, sounds overwhelming to me, Not.
Wonder what percentage of the BE membership actually use the Aus forum though? Probably not a statistic that we could ever work out, but interesting to ponder (yeah, its a slow night in the office!)
Old Oct 11th 2012, 5:59 pm
Banned

Wonder what percentage of the BE membership actually use the Aus forum though? Probably not a statistic that we could ever work out, but interesting to ponder (yeah, its a slow night in the office!)
There only seems to be a small handfull of members that use this forum so it is definitely a legitimate poll result and hardly a surprising result at that.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 6:07 pm
Banned

Still only 25 members who think its dearer, with 22 saying they think its slightly dearer or not dearer at all, looks like a tie to me, if we accept the legitemacy of this huge poll. Lol
Old Oct 11th 2012, 6:43 pm
Banned

A tie
Old Oct 11th 2012, 6:45 pm
TGA
Banned

TGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond repute

whats the odds those that voted Australia cheaper don't actually live there..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.