Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Living on a complex

Living on a complex

Old Feb 13th 2006, 8:01 am
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Living on a complex

Hi,
You have all helped so much in the past. I thought I would ask again.... We are in the middle of getting our house on the market and trying to research areas to live, we thought that living on a complex would be a good idea as we have 2 children and feel that if there is a pool and play areas they will meet other children of thier own age!!
Can you please tell me of your experiences of living on a complex and also what are the extra costs involved.
We will only rent on a complex to start with and eventually will buy our own house .....who knows where!! wherever this little advanture takes us I guess
Cheers
Jane xx
Old Feb 13th 2006, 8:14 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Living on a complex

Originally Posted by Jane and Russ Middleton
Hi,
You have all helped so much in the past. I thought I would ask again.... We are in the middle of getting our house on the market and trying to research areas to live, we thought that living on a complex would be a good idea as we have 2 children and feel that if there is a pool and play areas they will meet other children of thier own age!!
Can you please tell me of your experiences of living on a complex and also what are the extra costs involved.
We will only rent on a complex to start with and eventually will buy our own house .....who knows where!! wherever this little advanture takes us I guess
Cheers
Jane xx
Living in a complex should have no extra costs as the Landlord should pay everything.

Renting one should be OK, but neighbours are closer than in normal houses.

Old Feb 13th 2006, 8:17 am
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Living on a complex

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Living in a complex should have no extra costs as the Landlord should pay everything.

Renting one should be OK, but neighbours are closer than in normal houses.
Thanks ABC i was getting a 'complex' then as no-one was replying !!
Thanks for your reply
J xx
Old Feb 13th 2006, 8:35 am
ABCDiamond

Thanks ABC i was getting a 'complex' then as no-one was replying !!
Thanks for your reply
J xx

My nephew lived in a complex, but he liked to play his music loud, and the neighbours liked peace and quiet.

The use of the complex pool was good though, with no responsibility for cleaning etc. But parking was difficult when he had his friends over, only a single parking space per unit at his complex.

He decided on a proper house after a year

Old Feb 13th 2006, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

JAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Cheers
Jane xx
Hi

We stayed with relatives on a complex for nearly 3 weeks when we first arrived and the kids enjoyed having access to a pool. The unit that our rellies lived in had a nice back garden backing onto trees and they used to get a lot of parrots there so it was lovely sitting outside. We personally decided not to rent on a complex as we didnt think the kids would have enough freedom on their bikes etc as some are pretty strict however now we are wondering whether we did the right thing as we miss the pool and the weather has been that hot that the kids havent been out much anyway.

I think it comes down to personal choice and also how nice the location of the unit you are able to rent is.

Julia
Old Feb 13th 2006, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We live on a complex and think it is an ideal place for when you first arrive. The use of the pool is good, the only drawback is the rules and regulations like the kids not being able to play out on their bikes. We have been here for 12 months now and will continue to rent in the complex till we buy our own house (once the house in UK sells!!).
Our complex has all detached houses with back gardens, which aren't huge but have the decking area and plenty of space for a trampoline.

Amanda
Old Feb 13th 2006, 10:00 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by mand8002
Hi
Our complex has all detached houses with back gardens, which aren't huge but have the decking area and plenty of space for a trampoline.

Amanda
That's good. There are some complexes about that are terraces of 6 or even 10 adjoining houses, with no garden at all.

Old Feb 13th 2006, 10:20 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

interesting thread! thanks for posting it....im often curious about complexes and have read good and bad abuot them!
i suppose its worth having an unofficial mosey round the neighbourhood if you are thinking of renting one.....just so you can see the kinda folks who live there? ie, oaps or peeps with kids.
good luck, and if you find anything interesting let us know!

sue x
Old Feb 13th 2006, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

We are currently living on a complex. To be honest it does us well as it's cheap to rent has a pool and BBQ facilities. The way we looked at it was we knew it was a short term thing until we brought our own house and i hate the idea of renting as i see it as wasted money. We just get the standard hello's of most people as your pottering around the complex.. The best place to chat appears to be the pool ( must be the water ) as we seem to meet more people around the pool and it just grows from there. The kids love the pool and we do play football just outside the house, but we have a few parks really close so from their point of view it's great. So living in a complex was not our initial intention but it has worked out really well for us.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 11:12 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Have to be careful which one you pick though. I have heard stories where the children are not allowed to ride bikes, skateboards, play ball games, make a noise in the pool etc so check the rules and regulations before signing anything. The idea of children playing in a pool quietly scares the hell out of me