Reload this Page >

Living in Bridgeman Downs

Living in Bridgeman Downs

Old Jul 26th 2006, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

Paul Fitz will become famous soon enough
Default Living in Bridgeman Downs

Hi all

We are on our way to Brisbane in about six weeks. We are looking at two suburbs one South Carindale, one North Bridgeman Downs. Would anybody out there know what Bridgeman downs is like to live in i.e. what are the suburbs like, are they near any good schools. We are looking to enrol our children in a catholic primary school. What are the facilities like. We have done search on the threads and also checked out ourbrisbane. Just thought I'd ask those who might have first hand knowledge.

Thanks a mill for any info.

MK
Old Jul 26th 2006, 3:16 pm
ridiculous avatar

Jimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Living in Bridgeman Downs

Originally Posted by Paul Fitz
Hi all

We are on our way to Brisbane in about six weeks. We are looking at two suburbs one South Carindale, one North Bridgeman Downs. Would anybody out there know what Bridgeman downs is like to live in i.e. what are the suburbs like, are they near any good schools. We are looking to enrol our children in a catholic primary school. What are the facilities like. We have done search on the threads and also checked out ourbrisbane. Just thought I'd ask those who might have first hand knowledge.

MK
Katcha lives near there, go on

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...9&goto=newpost

and have a read. x

Vics x
Old Jul 26th 2006, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jimmy Cliff
Katcha lives near there, go on

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...9&goto=newpost

and have a read. x

Vics x
Thanks Vics
Old Jul 27th 2006, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Vics
Bumping this up to see if I can get any replies

Thanks

MK
Old Jul 28th 2006, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

katcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Living in Bridgeman Downs

Hi all

MK
Hey! I live in McDowall which is right next to Bridgeman Downs. Its a fab area! Albany Creek, which is 5 mins away has excellent schools, a lot of my friends children go there. Not sure about catholic schools though.......sorry. It's good for kids as theres a leisure centre with an outdoor pool, and a rollerskating place. Theres a decent size shopping complex in Albany Creek too that includes a Subway, McDonalds, and KFC (sorry i like me junk food!!). It's handy as it's not too far from the Coast (Redcliffe is nice and has a nice outdoor pool near the sea.......about 20 mins drive away). I work in the city and for me it takes me 15-20 mins to get to work (off peak), i like the fact that theres a few different routes to the city too (just in case of an accident).
Me and my OH have been here for 15 months now, we started off in Eatons Hill, now McDowall and i love this area, wouldn't be anywhere else! If you need any advice or help just PM me.

Rach x

P.s Just found a catholic school in Albany Creek, link http://www.allsaints.qld.edu.au/parent_info.html

other surburbs surrounding Bridgeman Downs that are nice are: Carseldine, McDowall (obviously lol), eatons hill, albany creek, arana hills, aspley is ok too (altho slightly older houses).

Good Luck!!
Old Jul 28th 2006, 12:27 pm
ridiculous avatar

Jimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by katcha
Hey! I live in McDowall which is right next to Bridgeman Downs. Its a fab area! Albany Creek, which is 5 mins away has excellent schools, a lot of my friends children go there. Not sure about catholic schools though.......sorry. It's good for kids as theres a leisure centre with an outdoor pool, and a rollerskating place. Theres a decent size shopping complex in Albany Creek too that includes a Subway, McDonalds, and KFC (sorry i like me junk food!!). It's handy as it's not too far from the Coast (Redcliffe is nice and has a nice outdoor pool near the sea.......about 20 mins drive away). I work in the city and for me it takes me 15-20 mins to get to work (off peak), i like the fact that theres a few different routes to the city too (just in case of an accident).
Me and my OH have been here for 15 months now, we started off in Eatons Hill, now McDowall and i love this area, wouldn't be anywhere else! If you need any advice or help just PM me.

Rach x

P.s Just found a catholic school in Albany Creek, link http://www.allsaints.qld.edu.au/parent_info.html

other surburbs surrounding Bridgeman Downs that are nice are: Carseldine, McDowall (obviously lol), eatons hill, albany creek, arana hills, aspley is ok too (altho slightly older houses).

Good Luck!!
Thanks Rach,

I keep hearing how nice but when you are not there yet, it is nice to hear over and over that it is!!

Hope to see you soon

Vics x
Old Jul 28th 2006, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

Rach x

Good Luck!!
Thanks a million Rach. We certainly like the look of Bridgeman Downs. Have also looked at realestataus at McDowall and the other areas you mentioned. Good to know first hand from yourself who lives in the area that it is nice. We are trying to arrange a short term rental at the moment and could not decide between Carindale or Bridgeman Downs. Have looked at All Saints could be just what we are looking for. When we buy we are looking for a newest house in an estate with a block of about 800m2. We love the idea of the children been able to play outside with others their own age with possibility of overlooking a green. Not asking for much am I !

Again thanks for the info.

MK
Old Jul 28th 2006, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

Lee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud of

Hi there,
I'm looking at a house in arana hills, quite close and a nice area too
Old Jul 29th 2006, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

katcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud of

Thanks Rach,

I keep hearing how nice but when you are not there yet, it is nice to hear over and over that it is!!

Hope to see you soon

Vics x
Hey it's beautiful! The beaches, the weather and the city at night lit up is unbelievable! When do you get here ? and are you coming to the northern surburbs too?

Rach x
Old Jul 29th 2006, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks a million Rach. We certainly like the look of Bridgeman Downs. Have also looked at realestataus at McDowall and the other areas you mentioned. Good to know first hand from yourself who lives in the area that it is nice. We are trying to arrange a short term rental at the moment and could not decide between Carindale or Bridgeman Downs. Have looked at All Saints could be just what we are looking for. When we buy we are looking for a newest house in an estate with a block of about 800m2. We love the idea of the children been able to play outside with others their own age with possibility of overlooking a green. Not asking for much am I !

Again thanks for the info.

MK
You're welcome!
I'm sure you'll find something that suits you and your family. The houses are beautiful! When me and my OH first got here we would drive around the different surburbs (to get our bearings and see which areas looked nice), and as we passed the houses it would be a case of 'wow!' 'wow' and 'wow' to nearly every house. They seem huge compared to those in the UK.
I'm not sure how to go on about short term accom as we were a bit daft and booked ourselves into an apartment in the city at $625 a week There's quite a few townhouses in Carseldine and Chermside that probably do shorter rentals. One more thing................Chermside Westfield Shopping centre is fab!!!!!! and they are just extending it too (Chermside is only 10 mins away from this area). Its got a cinema, bowling place, arcade, loads of shops, and a few pubs and restuarants (including an Irish bar).
Where in the UK are you?

Rach x

P.s The houses in Bridgeman Downs can be quite expensive but i suppose you have looked at the prices on the internet!!
Old Jul 29th 2006, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

You're welcome!
I'm sure you'll find something that suits you and your family. The houses are beautiful! When me and my OH first got here we would drive around the different surburbs (to get our bearings and see which areas looked nice), and as we passed the houses it would be a case of 'wow!' 'wow' and 'wow' to nearly every house. They seem huge compared to those in the UK.
I'm not sure how to go on about short term accom as we were a bit daft and booked ourselves into an apartment in the city at $625 a week There's quite a few townhouses in Carseldine and Chermside that probably do shorter rentals. One more thing................Chermside Westfield Shopping centre is fab!!!!!! and they are just extending it too (Chermside is only 10 mins away from this area). Its got a cinema, bowling place, arcade, loads of shops, and a few pubs and restuarants (including an Irish bar).
Where in the UK are you?

Rach x

P.s The houses in Bridgeman Downs can be quite expensive but i suppose you have looked at the prices on the internet!!

Hi Rach

Thanks again for the information. We are from Ireland. Good news about the Irish bar then ! It is very difficult trying to sort out a location when we have never even visited Australia before. We knew that we wanted to be in Brisbane. Don't ask why but we felt from our search that it would suit us. We like the idea of an outdoor lifestyle, reasonably close to good beaches, living near a city, without being on top of it. We then decided on two locations either Carindale or Bridgeman Downs. We are going to try and get a short term for about 6-8 weeks in Bridgeman Downs. Have been onto Platinum Locations. They seem very good. We have a large dog to ship with us. He is a cross between Newfoundland and Collie. This reduces our ability to rent. We are going to go ahead with Platinum to try and search a rental for us.

I know you live in McDowall. Do these areas like Bridgeman Downs have a sense of community about them. Just worried that the areas might just be a lot of housing developments. I suppose I don't know what I am letting myself in for.

Thanks again for all your info.

MK
Old Jul 29th 2006, 8:52 pm
ridiculous avatar

Hey it's beautiful! The beaches, the weather and the city at night lit up is unbelievable! When do you get here ? and are you coming to the northern surburbs too?

Rach x
Oh yes, we are coming and very soon !! Looking at where you are and close by. Just had a bit of crappy news that we have a hiccup at the bottom of the chain, therefore we may loose our Aug 11th completion, which means no flight to Brissy on the 19th!! If it does not go ahead we are going to have to wait until Sept 1st exchange and next day departure!!!!!! oh well, we have waited this long and all that.......

Cant wait for a and a shop in new town!!

Keep in touch x

Vic & Jase x x
Old Jul 30th 2006, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

Oh yes, we are coming and very soon !! Looking at where you are and close by. Just had a bit of crappy news that we have a hiccup at the bottom of the chain, therefore we may loose our Aug 11th completion, which means no flight to Brissy on the 19th!! If it does not go ahead we are going to have to wait until Sept 1st exchange and next day departure!!!!!! oh well, we have waited this long and all that.......

Cant wait for a and a shop in new town!!

Keep in touch x

Vic & Jase x x
How exciting!! Unfortunate about the delay but you won't have too wait much longer. Will just be starting to heat up by then! Is there just you and your OH or have you a wee family. Also where are you from like?

Rach x
Old Jul 30th 2006, 1:01 am
Forum Regular

Hi Rach

Thanks again for the information. We are from Ireland. Good news about the Irish bar then ! It is very difficult trying to sort out a location when we have never even visited Australia before. We knew that we wanted to be in Brisbane. Don't ask why but we felt from our search that it would suit us. We like the idea of an outdoor lifestyle, reasonably close to good beaches, living near a city, without being on top of it. We then decided on two locations either Carindale or Bridgeman Downs. We are going to try and get a short term for about 6-8 weeks in Bridgeman Downs. Have been onto Platinum Locations. They seem very good. We have a large dog to ship with us. He is a cross between Newfoundland and Collie. This reduces our ability to rent. We are going to go ahead with Platinum to try and search a rental for us.

I know you live in McDowall. Do these areas like Bridgeman Downs have a sense of community about them. Just worried that the areas might just be a lot of housing developments. I suppose I don't know what I am letting myself in for.

Thanks again for all your info.

MK
Hey!
I wouldn't say there are a lot of housing developments here. You find that slightly further north. Its hard to say if this area has a sense of community about it. On my cul de sac, we say hi to each other and have the odd chit chat but that's it, whereas my mates who live in Albany Creek have street parties, and get togethers and seem very sociable. I think having children help you get involved in the local community. Australians are VERY family orientated!!!
Ahh that's nice you have a dog! We have an 11 month old Cocker Spaniel named Charlie..................He's gorgeous but he chews everything in sight!! There are some nice dark parks around this area too!!

Good luck with the property searches.
Rach x
Old Jul 30th 2006, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

Haha dog parks not dark parks!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.