Living in 2005

Old Oct 30th 2005, 11:51 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Living in 2005

YOU KNOW YOU ARE LIVING IN 2005 when.............

1. You accidentally enter your password on the microwave.

2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.

3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of 3.

4. You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you.

5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that they don't have e-mail addresses.

6. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home to help you carry in the groceries.

7. Every commercial on television has a web site at the bottom of the screen.

8. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn't have the first 20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go and get it.

10. You get up in the morning and go on line before getting your coffee.

11. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. : )

12. You're reading this and nodding and laughing.

13. Even worse, you know exactly to whom you are going to forward this message.

14. You are too busy to notice there was no #9 on this list.

15. You actually scrolled back up to check that there wasn't a #9 on this list.

AND NOW U R LAUGHING at yourself.
Old Oct 30th 2005, 1:20 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in 2005

Hi there, good one , times change don't they . I saw that you are living in Cairns, we are planning going that way if we get our visa somewhere next year. We are currently living in the Netherlands. If I'm not to impolite, how did you adapt to the humidity? Thanks.

Miranda
Old Oct 30th 2005, 1:50 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
YOU KNOW YOU ARE LIVING IN 2005 when.............

1. You accidentally enter your password on the microwave.

2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.

3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of 3.

4. You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you.

5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that they don't have e-mail addresses.

6. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home to help you carry in the groceries.

7. Every commercial on television has a web site at the bottom of the screen.

8. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn't have the first 20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go and get it.

10. You get up in the morning and go on line before getting your coffee.

11. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. : )

12. You're reading this and nodding and laughing.

13. Even worse, you know exactly to whom you are going to forward this message.

14. You are too busy to notice there was no #9 on this list.

15. You actually scrolled back up to check that there wasn't a #9 on this list.

AND NOW U R LAUGHING at yourself.

From 11 onwards I did exactly that. Doh!
Old Nov 1st 2005, 7:41 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tum
Hi there, good one , times change don't they. I saw that you are living in Cairns, we are planning going that way if we get our visa somewhere next year. We are currently living in the Netherlands. If I'm not to impolite, how did you adapt to the humidity? Thanks.

Miranda
Hi Miranda - Mrs bix here

Thought it best for me to answer you as I experience the weather a little bit more than Bix! For instance, I catch the bus to work 3 times a week and have to walk up a hill to do so! Not good in this heat I can tell you! We are now heading into the hottest time of the year SUMMER in Cairns! The winter is brilliant - still warm enough not to worry about wearing heavy clothing which is just great. So to have a really decent winter you have to try and cope with the hot, humid Summer! It does get very hot and humid yes, but we were only saying again the other day - we have come 12,000 miles to change our way of living, and one of the main things we wanted was better weather than we experienced in the not so sunny Cornwall were we lived!!

We have certainly not regretted Cairns being our first port of call in Australia, it has so much to offer, so much to see and do - hard if not impossible to get bored. Nearly every weekend we go into the Esplanade/Lagoon and chill out for a few hours and feel like we are on holiday - its brill! Or else we can go drive to loads of different places for a day out sight seeing all within a few hours or less from where we live - there are some awesome sights to see thats for sure (and I'm not talking about the half naked hunks) Thats just a bonus lol!!!

So, if you do choose Cairns - good on ya - its a good place, friendly people, lovely scenery etc - just dont bring any heavy clothes, and try to get a house with a pool - lovely way to cool down on those hot steamy days

Take care
Gill
Old Nov 1st 2005, 7:46 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Hi Miranda - Mrs bix here

Thought it best for me to answer you as I experience the weather a little bit more than Bix! For instance, I catch the bus to work 3 times a week and have to walk up a hill to do so! Not good in this heat I can tell you! We are now heading into the hottest time of the year SUMMER in Cairns! The winter is brilliant - still warm enough not to worry about wearing heavy clothing which is just great. So to have a really decent winter you have to try and cope with the hot, humid Summer! It does get very hot and humid yes, but we were only saying again the other day - we have come 12,000 miles to change our way of living, and one of the main things we wanted was better weather than we experienced in the not so sunny Cornwall were we lived!!

We have certainly not regretted Cairns being our first port of call in Australia, it has so much to offer, so much to see and do - hard if not impossible to get bored. Nearly every weekend we go into the Esplanade/Lagoon and chill out for a few hours and feel like we are on holiday - its brill! Or else we can go drive to loads of different places for a day out sight seeing all within a few hours or less from where we live - there are some awesome sights to see thats for sure (and I'm not talking about the half naked hunks) Thats just a bonus lol!!!

So, if you do choose Cairns - good on ya - its a good place, friendly people, lovely scenery etc - just dont bring any heavy clothes, and try to get a house with a pool - lovely way to cool down on those hot steamy days

Take care
Gill
Brilliant reply GILL !!

Thanks

Its ok ive sabbotaged this post, cos a mate over from the uk, flew to Cairns yesterday for 5 days, and its nice hearing positive notes. We would dearly like to go to cairns at some point.

Again excellent reply

Steve
Old Nov 1st 2005, 8:08 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Brilliant reply GILL !!

Thanks

Its ok ive sabbotaged this post, cos a mate over from the uk, flew to Cairns yesterday for 5 days, and its nice hearing positive notes. We would dearly like to go to cairns at some point.

Again excellent reply

Steve
Thanks Steve - glad you think so

Hope your m8 enjoys his/her stay in Cairns! Its brill weather here at the mo - lets hope it doesn't change for the next 5 days eh

If you do ever get to Cairns, this is a good time of the year so the locals tell me - I would agree! Not too hot or humid just right!

Have a good evening - I'm gonna to and watch Home and Away now, I know boring, but good boring he he!!!!

Cheers
Gill
Old Nov 1st 2005, 8:14 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix

Hope your m8 enjoys his/her stay in Cairns! Its brill weather here at the mo - lets hope it doesn't change for the next 5 days eh

If you do ever get to Cairns, this is a good time of the year so the locals tell me - I would agree! Not too hot or humid just right!

Have a good evening - I'm gonna to and watch Home and Away now, I know boring, but good boring he he!!!!

Cheers
Gill
pmsl << neighbours on 3 tvs here FFS !!!

Sometimes i just hate OZ lmffao
Old Nov 1st 2005, 9:04 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix

Cheers
Gill

Gill, you're doing a good job of confusing me. Stop pretending to be Bix :scared: We don't expect useful info from him
Old Nov 1st 2005, 9:33 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Gill, you're doing a good job of confusing me. Stop pretending to be Bix :scared: We don't expect useful info from him
LOL

Sorry m8 - just didn't have time to log in and out before home and away - he he! Besides its a pain in the you know what logging out then logging in, just cant be bothered sometimes - like now

CYA
Gill
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 9:17 am
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Hi mrs Bix,

Thanx heaps for your reply. We've been to Cairns in 1996 for 2 weeks and 2000 for 3 weeks and enjoyed ourselves above expectation. We were there at the end of the HOT & HUMID so had lots of rain and murky water whilst diving, but that didn't bother us at all. OK will be different I guess when you have to work, but the things you mentioned, like the esplanade, sightseeing, maybe the crystal cascades?, are the things that appeal to us also. And, yes, we're planning to go for a house with a pool , so no worries there.

Bye

Miranda