Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

LIVERPOOL FEMALE SEEKS MATES!

LIVERPOOL FEMALE SEEKS MATES!

Old Aug 24th 2007, 4:49 am
Just Joined

sharon flewitt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LIVERPOOL FEMALE SEEKS MATES!

Arrived in Brizz on august 22nd and it hasnt stopped pissing down ever since.
Im due to start work at the PA Hospital on sept 3rd.

my main stress :curse: since arrival has been finding affordable and halfway decent rental accomodation. I didnt realise how expensive rentals are esp. if you are on your own.
Fortunately and thanks to her goodness, a nice aussie girl i contacted through a rental site has somewhere for me but its not available until oct 3rd.

In the meanwhile i thought i was going to have a nervous breakdown looking for a short term lease between next tuesday (when im out of my hotel ) and the 3rd of oct.
the rip off is that short term leases average about $600
per week. i just couldnt believe it so ive practically begged some realtors to look for some affordable short term for me and ive had a couple of possibilities.
so much for my dream of renting a lovely 2 bed apt so my friends and family could stay with me when they visited - no chance.
are there any single dingles or anyone really, who like me are looking for a bit of moral support to make the transition here a positive experience. ?? and would care to meet up.
im in a hotel in the city centre, more or less and am on line several times a day - the only thing thats keeping me sane at present.
thank god for the internet.
No offence to all the decent blokes out there but i dont want to meet up with any single blokes on my own - im not keen to test my safety

thanks and please reply!!!
Old Aug 26th 2007, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LIVERPOOL FEMALE SEEKS MATES!

Originally Posted by sharon flewitt

my main stress :curse: since arrival has been finding affordable and halfway decent rental accomodation. I didnt realise how expensive rentals are esp. if you are on your own.
Fortunately and thanks to her goodness, a nice aussie girl i contacted through a rental site has somewhere for me but its not available until oct 3rd.

In the meanwhile i thought i was going to have a nervous breakdown looking for a short term lease between next tuesday (when im out of my hotel ) and the 3rd of oct.
per week. i just couldnt believe it so ive practically begged some realtors to look for some affordable short term for me and ive had a couple of possibilities.
so much for my dream of renting a lovely 2 bed apt so my friends and family could stay with me when they visited - no chance.
are there any single dingles or anyone really, who like me are looking for a bit of moral support to make the transition here a positive experience. ?? and would care to meet up.
im in a hotel in the city centre, more or less and am on line several times a day - the only thing thats keeping me sane at present.
No offence to all the decent blokes out there but i dont want to meet up with any single blokes on my own - im not keen to test my safety

Perhaps come to our meet down at Gilhooleys in Logan Hyperdome Piazza Area(about 20 mins down freeway towards gold coast, take the Bryants Road exit) next Sunday at 2pm, my best mate and his wife Linda are from Liverpool, she's a nurse but is working as National Sales Manager for Nutricia now. They'll be there
Old Aug 26th 2007, 11:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sdunx
Perhaps come to our meet down at Gilhooleys in Logan Hyperdome Piazza Area(about 20 mins down freeway towards gold coast, take the Bryants Road exit) next Sunday at 2pm, my best mate and his wife Linda are from Liverpool, she's a nurse but is working as National Sales Manager for Nutricia now. They'll be there
THANKS VERY MUCH, I WILL HEAD THERE THEN, UNLESS IVE ALREADY GONE AND GOT MYSELF A FLIGHT HOME!
Old Aug 27th 2007, 4:36 am
Just Joined

joannem1 is an unknown quantity at this point

THANKS VERY MUCH, I WILL HEAD THERE THEN, UNLESS IVE ALREADY GONE AND GOT MYSELF A FLIGHT HOME!
hi sharon,
dont get a flight home!!! its not that bad, we're from sunny st helens, WE ARRIVED DEC 05, I too am nurse working in the community, I deal a lot with PA. it must be really hard for you right now, i cant imagine being on my own here, i emigated with husband and 2 kids. you will settle once your in a place!! we too live near hyperdome and may meet for a drink!!
Old Aug 27th 2007, 7:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by joannem1
hi sharon,
dont get a flight home!!! its not that bad, we're from sunny st helens, WE ARRIVED DEC 05, I too am nurse working in the community, I deal a lot with PA. it must be really hard for you right now, i cant imagine being on my own here, i emigated with husband and 2 kids. you will settle once your in a place!! we too live near hyperdome and may meet for a drink!!
Hi Joanne,
thanks for writing, yes it is extremely hard right now. ive just arranged short term accom in highgate hill starting tommorow - im still undecided about the PA job .. am feeling a bit negative about it, am totally overqualified for the post i applied for (my mistake - i didnt quite get the grading levels here) ...
and have heard bad reports about the private hospitals.
you must have dealings with a fair few of them, whats your opinion?
Sharon x
Old Aug 27th 2007, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

Location: lived in halesworth in suffolk, now on the sunny coast qld
debreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to all

Hi Joanne,
thanks for writing, yes it is extremely hard right now. ive just arranged short term accom in highgate hill starting tommorow - im still undecided about the PA job .. am feeling a bit negative about it, am totally overqualified for the post i applied for (my mistake - i didnt quite get the grading levels here) ...
Sharon x

hav pm you
x debs x
Old Aug 27th 2007, 9:11 am
Just Joined

Hi Joanne,
Sharon x
hi,
you'll probably find most nursing jobs here, you'll be over qualified for!! it will probably be good to start to go with PA job, at first you just need to find your feet and learn about the australian health system, it is very different from uk, different funding etc, that is still what i find heard to deal with, everybody ( almost ) pays for services. here it is true that austalia is behind approx 10-15 years, really!!! it is frustrating but its amazing what you get used to when you have to. the state hospitals are probably better than private, but there are loads of private services. so you will find yourself dealing with the private sector. In my day to day job, we get poor referrals and poor discharge and general crap from both!! I would advise to start with q health job, as the money and conditions are probably better. keep a look out for other jobs, seek is really good, courier mail on sat and thursday for q-health jobs. let me know how you get on.
joanne x
Old Aug 29th 2007, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

sdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond repute

Joanne

Are you and Keith coming to gilhooleys sunday arvo? Me Louise Phil and Linda are going. Is Keith playing football friday night down club as if is I'll probably pop down to watch

Cheers

Stu
Old Aug 30th 2007, 7:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sdunx
Joanne

Are you and Keith coming to gilhooleys sunday arvo? Me Louise Phil and Linda are going. Is Keith playing football friday night down club as if is I'll probably pop down to watch

Cheers

Stu
yhea, will probably call down for a pint!! it will be good to catch up. yes keith will be playing footie tomorrow nite, so you'll see him then.
cya soon jo xxxxxx
Old Aug 30th 2007, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joannem1
yhea, will probably call down for a pint!! it will be good to catch up. yes keith will be playing footie tomorrow nite, so you'll see him then.
cya soon jo xxxxxx
Good oh, its Phil's birthday so be good to celebrate with him
Old Sep 6th 2007, 1:56 am
Just Joined

UKDOLL is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sharon
Hope you are now settled here in Brisbane & have found accommodation. Its really daunting at first coming to a new country (especially on your own - how brave!). A friend of mine from the UK is due to come over with her daughter in December to live and she is also a nurse! I moved from the UK (Bolton, Manchester) in 94 and love it here. Great weather, lifestyle, people etc. So good luck with everything! Do correspond on e-mail if you like!
Cheers pam
Old Sep 6th 2007, 8:33 am
Just Joined

Talking Re: LIVERPOOL FEMALE SEEKS MATES!

Thanks Pam
im in a short term rental in highgate hill at present and im glad it is only short term. not because of the house which is lovely or the area which is fine .. its the occupants - i feel like im in the BIG BROTHER HOUSE because of the hostility between various people. by october 4th i will be in Auchenflower and it cant come a day 2 soon.
im not really settled yet bcos im almost certainly going to swap jobs and have been so busy aka stressed trying to find somewr to live and negotiate how to get from A 2 B that i havent had a chance to relax.
Last weekend I met a lovely lady from this site (DEBBIE) and stayed over at her place on the sunshine coast - walked on my 1st auzzie beach - got back too late to meet up with other folk who wr meeting for coffee on the sunday - so my apologies to them.
Im not so sure about being brave i think maybe a bit determined / daft / last chance before i get too old kinda thing
Sharon x
Old Sep 7th 2007, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

The Wests is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sharon,
I am from Liverpool and am due to fly to Perth in January. Good on yer girl for being mad enough to do this alone! Im getting dead worried now.

I know Perth is a long way from where you are but feel free to shout out anytime am sure I will be shouting louder when I get there.

Good luck with everything!
Andrea x
Old Sep 8th 2007, 3:20 am
Just Joined

Andrea thanks babe - i will almost certainly be going to PERTH for a little trip as a girl from work Sheila and her hubby Bob are going in a couple of weeks.
Its been one of the biggest challenges ive faced so far - yes i am completely MAD
Shaz x
Old Sep 10th 2007, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light

Andrea thanks babe - i will almost certainly be going to PERTH for a little trip as a girl from work Sheila and her hubby Bob are going in a couple of weeks.
Its been one of the biggest challenges ive faced so far - yes i am completely MAD
Shaz x
hang in there mate! you'll be fine, and the sun's out today too! Muyst say, we stayed in Highgate Hill a few years ago for a couple of months, best place in Brissie in my opinion!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.