Live UK TV

Old Apr 10th 2008, 3:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Pommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud of
Default Live UK TV

Has anybody signed up to this service?

http://www.liveuktv.com/index.asp

Few bucks a month to have live tv streamed over the internet to your PC.

Sounds ALMOST too good to be true.

I signed up to the trial and watched Enders the other night. It certainly works, just wondering quite how LEGAL it is...
Old Apr 10th 2008, 3:42 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Live UK TV

Originally Posted by Pommy Dan

I signed up to the trial and watched Enders the other night. It certainly works, just wondering quite how LEGAL it is...
why would you pay for it when you can download it for free and watch it at your convenience www.uknova.com and www.thebox.bz
Old Apr 10th 2008, 3:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Pommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud of

^^^^^ why indeed?

Just wondering if anyone has used it on a long term basis.

You obviously haven't.

Torrents rely on someone else uploading and seeding, this is actual Live TV as it is being shown in the UK.

For particularly homesick expats this might be quite nice...
Old Apr 10th 2008, 4:50 am
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

I think you'll find that the live TV thing will get very tiring.......if it is in fact streamed live.....

There is no way I'd be getting up at 5am to catch the days Eastenders episode....

I agree with what others on the forum have suggested in the past - I use thebox and downloard what I want each week - that way we can sit down adn watch hollyoaks, or the x-factor at our leisure.......
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:23 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

^^^^^ why indeed?

Just wondering if anyone has used it on a long term basis.

You obviously haven't.

Torrents rely on someone else uploading and seeding, this is actual Live TV as it is being shown in the UK.

For particularly homesick expats this might be quite nice...
I have downloaded Corrie and The Apprentice this morning, both of which were shown last night in the UK. Why anyone would want to get up in the middle of the night to watch Eastenders 'live' is beyond me. Plenty of homesick expats use the box and uknova and lots of programmes to chose from with plenty of seeders. I can download a corrie episode in 6 minutes. Live streaming is a pain.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that PD, I'm interested in having a look, I see you can record the shows which is handy.

Just got work out if anything worth watching is on when I want to watch it. The proof of that will be in the pudding so to speak.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 9:32 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
I have downloaded Corrie and The Apprentice this morning, both of which were shown last night in the UK. Why anyone would want to get up in the middle of the night to watch Eastenders 'live' is beyond me. Plenty of homesick expats use the box and uknova and lots of programmes to chose from with plenty of seeders. I can download a corrie episode in 6 minutes. Live streaming is a pain.
Not forgetting the lack of adverts! ...
Old Apr 10th 2008, 9:37 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Not forgetting the lack of adverts! ...
Corrie is actually only 21 minutes long. Those who complain about adverts in Australia obviously don't realise that the 30 minute time slot that Coronation Street occupies actually contains 9 minutes of adverts.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

poppyjasper is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
Hi
After reading this yesterday I joined up to UKNova and downloaded Tuesdays Eastenders (we havent seen any since last Dec) it took over 3hrs to download though and while it was doing it the other laptops were so slow we couldnt use them.

How do you manage to do it in 6mins please?? Do I need to up-grade my broadband package and if so what to??

Please help, really loved watching Eastenders again (sad I know) but cant wait over 3hrs for it.

Poppy
Old Apr 11th 2008, 3:42 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by poppyjasper
Hi
After reading this yesterday I joined up to UKNova and downloaded Tuesdays Eastenders (we havent seen any since last Dec) it took over 3hrs to download though and while it was doing it the other laptops were so slow we couldnt use them.

How do you manage to do it in 6mins please?? Do I need to up-grade my broadband package and if so what to??

Please help, really loved watching Eastenders again (sad I know) but cant wait over 3hrs for it.

Poppy
I have iinet ADSL2.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 3:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poppyjasper
Hi

Poppy
Are you using a wireless network within your house, some of those only transfer at 1.5mpbs that could be your problem. Also a lot depends on your broadband speed with your isp which can range anywhere from 256ks very slow up to 24 mpbs very fast. What broadband plan are you on, anything above 1.5 mpbs at present would be deemed as quite fast at present. The fastest that ADSL1 acheives is 8mpbs. All ADSL 2 plans are quoted @ 24mbps however proximity to the exchange affects the speed dramatically, the average for ADSL2 would be about 12-16 Mbps. I'm guessing NB is either on a adsl1 8mpbs plan or an ADSL2 plan.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 4:00 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

check out http://www.speedtest.net/ to see what your speeds really are.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 4:11 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DadAgain
check out http://www.speedtest.net/ to see what your speeds really are.
Yeah not arf!

I can't get ADSL2 but have an 8 meg line. UKNova is prob the only torrent site I'll see 800kb/s! ...

IF! ... things aint moving quick on Nova, it's YOUR end I'm afraid!
Old Apr 11th 2008, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

deryans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant future

I'd agree with that, I've had 1300kb/s + on ukn, which is amazing, 15 Gig of HIGNFY easily overnight!

by the way, I'm on adsl2+ with tpg in the 150 gig per month and it's excellent.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

edie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of light

I just thought I would sign up for these services in advance but it seems I need an invite for www.thebox.bz would anyone be so kind as to let me have one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.