Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Live from Exec Lounge at Heathrow

Live from Exec Lounge at Heathrow

Old Jul 13th 2004, 7:59 am
Go Banana's !!

Default Live from Exec Lounge at Heathrow

So far so good!

Very swish cars picked us up from the hotel this morning at 6:30am and the Bananas are now sat in the exec lounge - extremely civilisied and well worth the extra few quid. No queuing and fast tracked past security, plus the extra stack of baggage allowance. We'd been stressing, weighing everything on the bathroom scales and they didn't even check the weight of the hand luggage. Good job, as I have the entire contents of John Lewis in my vanity case.

Free internet connection and lots of lovely cakes, pastries, all you can drink and Mr B is very impressed with the miniture 'curling game' and a very nice play room for the little'n.

Better make the most of this 'cos we won't be affording this again! Trouble is its given us a taste for 'stress free travel' so Mr B may persuade me that he deserves it when he finally comes back.

Thanks for all the farewell messages and no Bundy you didn't miss saying goodbye - thanks.

Sue - Tired with Twins - thanks for the lovely pm, if I could find a way for you to fullfil you dreams I would, keep in touch and if I win the Oz lotto then there will be some first class tickets on their way - and you can have a muffin on me in the exec longe - oooeerr

We have a fun packed few days. Picking new car up and appointment with bank on Thursday. Friday buying the puter and promised to take littlen' to the pics. Saturday is Mr B's birthday and we are off to The Witches Couldron' - which does the most amazing garlic prawns stacked up on a sizzling skillet mmmm...Sunday will be our first barbie

Just a few pointers - Commonwealth Bank has been excellent so far (cuz said they are all much of a muchness with interest), car was bought in a matter of hours over the net with Toyota Au. The guy has been brilliant, got a cracking deal (got the oZ rels to check it out) It's all taxed and insured and waiting for collection. Your no claims bonus is tranferable and fully comp on a 1.5 Yaris (Echo in Oz) sportivo is $460 !!!

So.......try and do as much as you can before you go.

And finally, littlen' starts school 27th July.

Take care guys speak to you soon

The Bananas

Old Jul 13th 2004, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

All our love goes with you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 13th 2004, 8:10 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

You'll be spolit for life for travelling now! Enjoy every minute of it!
Old Jul 13th 2004, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: Live from Exec Lounge at Heathrow

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
So far so good!

Very swish cars picked us up from the hotel this morning at 6:30am and the Bananas are now sat in the exec lounge - extremely civilisied and well worth the extra few quid. No queuing and fast tracked past security, plus the extra stack of baggage allowance. We'd been stressing, weighing everything on the bathroom scales and they didn't even check the weight of the hand luggage. Good job, as I have the entire contents of John Lewis in my vanity case.

Free internet connection and lots of lovely cakes, pastries, all you can drink and Mr B is very impressed with the miniture 'curling game' and a very nice play room for the little'n.

Better make the most of this 'cos we won't be affording this again! Trouble is its given us a taste for 'stress free travel' so Mr B may persuade me that he deserves it when he finally comes back.

Thanks for all the farewell messages and no Bundy you didn't miss saying goodbye - thanks.

Sue - Tired with Twins - thanks for the lovely pm, if I could find a way for you to fullfil you dreams I would, keep in touch and if I win the Oz lotto then there will be some first class tickets on their way - and you can have a muffin on me in the exec longe - oooeerr

We have a fun packed few days. Picking new car up and appointment with bank on Thursday. Friday buying the puter and promised to take littlen' to the pics. Saturday is Mr B's birthday and we are off to The Witches Couldron' - which does the most amazing garlic prawns stacked up on a sizzling skillet mmmm...Sunday will be our first barbie

Just a few pointers - Commonwealth Bank has been excellent so far (cuz said they are all much of a muchness with interest), car was bought in a matter of hours over the net with Toyota Au. The guy has been brilliant, got a cracking deal (got the oZ rels to check it out) It's all taxed and insured and waiting for collection. Your no claims bonus is tranferable and fully comp on a 1.5 Yaris (Echo in Oz) sportivo is $460 !!!

The Bananas
Another lovely post Jill. Have a great flight. Enjoy your new life in Perth.
Old Jul 13th 2004, 8:12 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
So far so good!

The Bananas
go get 'em
Old Jul 13th 2004, 8:26 am
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
So far so good!

Brilliant, enjoy your last minutes/ hours that you have in the uk thinking about friends and family you have left behind get your arses on that plane and chill. Look forward to your new lives in Aussie and live your lives to the full....GOOD LUCK
johanne
Old Jul 13th 2004, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Rackon you'll be in-flight now - so Good Luck Wish to pick up on landing

Looking forward to hearing new downunda news

Only did the exec lounge on a business trip but Yes - streets ahead!!!!
Old Jul 13th 2004, 8:35 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by Ailsa
Rackon you'll be in-flight now - so Good Luck Wish to pick up on landing

Looking forward to hearing new downunda news

Only did the exec lounge on a business trip but Yes - streets ahead!!!!

not yet......flights been delayed 2hrs. I guess Jill will be on here until then, addicted as ever !!!

Thanks for all your lovely comments, I've finally been allowed to make a post !!

Best wishes

Mr. B
Perth 2004....Twice !!! :scared:

Old Jul 13th 2004, 8:37 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

hey bananas, anyone asked you for your autograph yet?

sounds like you've picked the best way to fly. I hope it all goes smoothly, if not then make sure you complain. (do they get turbulance in first class?
Old Jul 13th 2004, 9:33 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jill & Warren!

Have a great flight.....enjoy this bit of luxury!! Look forward to reading all your updates.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Petra
Old Jul 13th 2004, 9:45 am
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough

Have a lovely time, hope it all works out for you and your house sells really quickly.
Old Jul 13th 2004, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by leanda
Have a lovely time, hope it all works out for you and your house sells really quickly.
Hi enjoy the lounge I used it a few times as hubbys guest on pps and last yr dicovered the sleeping rooms, Go have a look. one of the chairs is an electric vibrating massaging all singing dancing recliner!! have a great flight - oh and I loved the nasi goreng have you tried it?
Helen
Old Jul 13th 2004, 12:01 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, sounds great!

Well, guess (hope!) you're gone now!

Going to try and get an upgrade to business class tomorrow. Checking in really early (please, fingers crossed for no traffic jams!!!). Gonna dress neatly, and we don't have kids so.....
Old Jul 13th 2004, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck with your new life.

Whisky
Old Jul 13th 2004, 12:10 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by helinuk
Hi enjoy the lounge I used it a few times as hubbys guest on pps and last yr dicovered the sleeping rooms, Go have a look. one of the chairs is an electric vibrating massaging all singing dancing recliner!! have a great flight - oh and I loved the nasi goreng have you tried it?
Helen
Oh yeah the massage chair - great arent they. I used to use them at the end of every Singapore or Taiwan flight I used to do with my old job and they get rid of stress and jet lag tension in no time flat.

Jill & Warren,
you are no doubt in the air by now, but safe flight anyway and let us know how you get on after touchdown in "Godzone" .

Last edited by Mairi&Chris; Jul 13th 2004 at 12:13 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.